Magical Created Supersolider

TheNaga

How would I fix the follow so that it the character would work as a pc? What I have been getting from post is the character as his would not work as a PC since the character is evil. I would like to keep the character evil if possible. The character has the ability to assume the form a of a supernatural being with large twisting cone of blood red smoke in place of legs. The part in the description about gaining the ability to run really fast does not aplly any more since it is being replaced by the ability to fly.

Also why is not a good idea to play an evil character in Champions?

He found a mystic ceremony in a Grimoire book of magic that would give him the power he has wanted so badly. The problem with doing the mystic ceremony was the ceremony was written in Latin and it required four practitioners of magic each chanting the words of the mystic ceremony for the mystic ceremony to take effect. After a long search he found the Order of the Bat which said they would preform the mystic ceremony on him but he would serve as them as their soldier in return.

The Order of the Bat used him to make their own supersoldier.

The mystic ceremony he went through gave physical altered him by first making his him stronger, strengthening his bones, and correcting his poor vision. The second thing the mystic ceremony did was increase his speed threefold, and gave him the ability to leap twenty feet across and fifteen feet high. The third thing the mystic ceremony did was increase his physical agility and dexterity. The mystic ceremony also give the ability to turn into a monster with its own abilities.

Despite the mystic ceremony enhancing him and giving him super abilities, the mystic ceremony had some side effects. The first side effect was he able to be detected by those who could detect supernatural/creature of magic. The second side effect was weapons that do extra damage to supernatural/creatures of magic would do extra damage to him. The third and final side effect was he became very hyperactive and has trouble relaxing and trouble sleeping.

The mystic ceremony was a success to the Order of the Bat but the ceremony could not be reproduce.

Re: Magical Created Supersolider

How would I fix the follow so that it the character would work as a pc? What I have been getting from post is the character as his would not work as a PC since the character is evil. I would like to keep the character evil if possible. The character has the ability to assume the form a of a supernatural being with large twisting cone of blood red smoke in place of legs. The part in the description about gaining the ability to run really fast does not aplly any more since it is being replaced by the ability to fly.

Why is it a bad idea to play an unethical, backstabbing traitor in a Star Trek Federation game, or a Sith in a Star Wars - A New Hope Rebellion game? Why is it a bad idea to play an idealistic, altruistic righter of wrongs in a Cyberpunk game? Evil characters don't fit the four colour superhero genre - they are adversaries, not protagonists.

He found a mystic ceremony in a Grimoire book of magic that would give him the power he has wanted so badly. The problem with doing the mystic ceremony was the ceremony was written in Latin and it required four practitioners of magic each chanting the words of the mystic ceremony for the mystic ceremony to take effect. After a long search he found the Order of the Bat which said they would preform the mystic ceremony on him but he would serve as them as their soldier in return.

The Order of the Bat used him to make their own supersoldier.

How could we make him more of a Superhero? We could make the Order of the Bat more altruistic, such that his service is heroic. The character could have less selfish motives for desiring power, and have a more heroic mindset and personality. The Order could remain selfish and evil, but the PC could turn on them, for his own heroic reasons.

Or you can find a game focused on Supervillains (but I suspect that will be harder to find).

The mystic ceremony he went through gave physical altered him by first making his him stronger' date=' strengthening his bones, and correcting his poor vision. [/quote']

Sounds like enhanced STR, CON, some defenses.

The second thing the mystic ceremony did was increase his speed threefold' date=' and gave him the ability to leap twenty feet across and fifteen feet high.[/quote']

Sounds like extra SPD, maybe some running and extra Leaping.

The third thing the mystic ceremony did was increase his physical agility and dexterity.

Looks like more DEX.

The mystic ceremony also give the ability to turn into a monster with its own abilities.

Could be Only in Alternate ID, or a full Multiform.

Despite the mystic ceremony enhancing him and giving him super abilities' date=' the mystic ceremony had some side effects. The first side effect was he able to be detected by those who could detect supernatural/creature of magic.[/quote']

Sounds like Distinctive Features.

The second side effect was weapons that do extra damage to supernatural/creatures of magic would do extra damage to him.

The typical approach would likely be a vulnerability/susceptibility to holy objects/weapons

The third and final side effect was he became very hyperactive and has trouble relaxing and trouble sleeping.

Probably a psychological (maybe even physical) complication.

The mystic ceremony was a success to the Order of the Bat but the ceremony could not be reproduce.

To emulate the comics, especially Golden, Silver and (I believe) even Bronze, you "should' be good and heroic. If anything, its a default mindset of the genre. With great powers come great responsibilities, and all that. Also by nature, if you have too many evil characters in a group, the group will disolve rather quicklly. The question is why do you want to play an evil character? And how evil? I will say that several years ago, I played to villians on City of Heros line, and it was a blast to do. Breaking into a bank vault and breaking out of prison was a hoot, and because (for me) it was a break from playing a hero. Now would I want to do it all the time? No. Or perhaps, another question, is what do you see as being Heroic? Remeber in hero system, you define the character traits, and personality. Do you see all heroic characters as fuddy duddies? All boyscout and no fun? I.e. Superman? Or do you want someone edgier like Wolverine? Also, do you know what your group expects? If you are playing in a Silver Age, no killing is almost required in every character, while in a Iron age, it would be highly unusual, perhaps even discourged! Btw, there's no rule that you couldn't build the same character concept with two or more concepts in mind. Best example is Batman, look how varied he is depending on the "age".

If you are playing an evil game it is fine. Are you playing in a evil campaign?

If its a traditional "Champions" game it is a fight evil campaign so your fellow team mates will gang up on you and hand your over to the police.

And how are your other evil characters you are creating?

I see about 6+ in the first page of the forum. Have you completed them and did your fellow players and GM like them?

Or did they say they were too evil?

I need some help in figuring out what power his power form should have. Originally the powered form just had super strength, claws, fangs, the ability to run fast faster then his human form (his human form could run really fast), and regeneration. I was thinking electricity and psionics. Claws should have limited penetration? Below is a listed of what powers his power from has as of right now.

45 Fangs: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 3d6 (4d6+1 w/STR)

62 Flight 50m, No Turn Mode (+1/4) (62 Active Points)

12 Massive Body: Knockback Resistance -10m, Inherent (+1/4) (12 Active Points)

11 Supernatural Vision: Nightvision, +1 to PER Roll, Tracking

15 Hawk-like Vision: +10 versus Range Modifier for Sight Group

45 Lightning Blast: Blast 8d6, Alterable Origin Point

6 Nine Lives: Regeneration (1 BODY per Week), Resurrection (22 Active Points); 9 Charges which Never Recover (-2 1/2)

45 Resistant Protection (15 PD/15 ED)

15 Healing Factor: Regeneration (1 BODY per 20 Minutes), Can Heal Limbs

Healing Factor: Regeneration (1 BODY per 20 Minutes), Can Heal Limbs

24 Supernatural Physiology: Life Support (Eating: Character does not eat; Immunity All terrestrial poisons; Immunity All terrestrial diseases; Longevity: 1600 Years; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Sleeping: Character does not sleep)

-12 Only Flies: Running -6" (-12 Active Points)

-2 Only Flies: Swimming -6" (-2 Active Points)

His powers should be the powers you envision him having, at a level appropriate to the campaign you intend to play him in (so back to "talk to the GM and/or other players in the game he will be used in"). Assuming no game specified, I'd lean to the guidelines presented in 6e Vol 1, p 35. If he's a standard Super and you think he'd be:

- fairly impressive, passably agile, extremely tough and not exceptionally strong willed, you would look at Char which is suggested to range from 10-40 and perhaps select a 30 PRE, a 23 DEX, a 35 CON and a 13 Ego.

- average actions per turn, SPD probably 5 or 6 (range 3-10, but I find most games center on 5 with some 6's and an occasional outlier)

- a very accurate attacker, skilled at avoiding attacks, perhaps a 13 OCV and 14 DCV (range 8 - 14)

- a powerhouse attacker - maybe 15 DC attacks (range 10 - 16)

- low to average defenses as he avoids, rather than soaks up, attacks - say 20 defenses, 12 resistant (the low end of the 20-25/12-18 range)

Once you do a first build, you may find he's well over the 400 point "starting Super". I might save that sheet as his goal as he gains xp, and then start carving back items not central to the character concept to get my starting 400 point character.

But ensure you discuss with the GM how you envision his abilities in non-game terms - eg. I picture this guy, as compared to the other Supers in the game, as:

- above average PRE, very high CON, average DEX and lower than average EGO

- average SPD, maybe high end of average

- high OCV and exceptionally high DCV

- a powerhouse attacker - in the top tier of DC's

- lower than average defenses, but able to soak up a couple of hits without too much trouble

That way, he can tell you if a 13 Ego is very high for his game, or that 13 DC's is the highest level for any PC, or that his game tends to higher defenses, so he should probably bump those up to 25/15.

• 3 weeks later...

Would it be to much if this player character gains a multidimensional body over the course of game play as part of being turn into a supernatural being? What skills should give if I want him to know about other dimensions? Would creating dimensional portals be the best way for the character to travel to other dimensions with up to eight people besides himself?

Would it be to much if this player character gains a multidimensional body over the course of game play as part of being turn into a supernatural being?

Would it? What are the parameters of the specific campaign? In a four colour Supers game, it's, probably not over the top to buy such abilities with experience, or even start out with them. In a game focused on grim and gritty crime scene investigation in a major metropolitan center's police force, it's way too much. Of course, since you have not indicated what having a multidimensional body would mean, it could just be a background element of no importance whatsoever.

It would be "too much" if the PC becomes invulnerable, omnipotent and removes any challenge from the scenarios presented in the game, for example. Assessing that requires knowing the parameters of the game, and the actual abilities provided by "a multidimensional body". Mine has three dimensions - height, width and depth. Three is "multi", right? That's not too much for most campaigns, although it would probably be excessive in Order of the Stick Hero.

Form a game mechanical perspective, it is "too much" if you don't have enough character points to buy the ability.

What skills should give if I want him to know about other dimensions?

KS: Other Dimensions?

Area Knowledge: Other Dimensions?

Science Skill: Dimensional Theory?

Cultural Knowledge: Other Dimensions?

Would creating dimensional portals be the best way for the character to travel to other dimensions with up to eight people besides himself?

Not having test driven dimensional portals or other alternate means of travelling to other dimensions, I can't say for sure. The 8 passenger Dimensional Minivan would seem workable, but whether it's the best way is largely a subjective matter. Mechanically, the character will need to purchase Extra Dimensional Movement, and structure the build so he can use it to bring eight people along (Usable by Others seems a reasonable approach).

How do I make this a supernatural based character a dark hero?

I would like him to have to speak some words before he can change to his powered form. How would i go about figuring what he has to say to change into his powered form?

Is there any way to make the this character in when he is powered form immune to electricity? I now about the making have Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 75% when it comes to electricity but that does not get a complete immunity to electricity. I know that I could also give him 0 PD/30 ED that only work against electricity. But that would mean he would not have any resistance to other forms of energy.

How would I add lightning bolts to this part of his description? From the waist down, he looks very much like a large twisting cone of blood red smoke.

How do I make this a supernatural based character a dark hero?

Build heroic motivations into his personality. What makes him a hero who protects the innocent and punishes the guilty, rather than a power-mad world conqueror or homicidal maniac?

I would like him to have to speak some words before he can change to his powered form. How would i go about figuring what he has to say to change into his powered form?

You use your imagination and make them up. Or you take the Comic Book Trope approach "muttering the mystical Words of Power, he is transformed".

Is there any way to make the this character in when he is powered form immune to electricity? I now about the making have Energy Damage Reduction' date=' Resistant, 75% when it comes to electricity but that does not get a complete immunity to electricity. I know that I could also give him 0 PD/30 ED that only work against electricity. But that would mean he would not have any resistance to other forms of energy.[/quote']

Hero tends not to handle absolutes well, so "complete immunity" is a struggle. Start by speaking with your GM - is he even prepared to allow a complete immunity in his game? Not all GM's are. 75% damage reduction typically simulates this quite nicely, as very little damage gets through. An extra 30 ED only vs electricity also works nicely. If his total ED (normal plus bonus only vs electricity) exceeds any expectation of damage rolled in this campaign, that is functional invulnerability. No rule prevents you having normal defenses, plus extra defenses only against electricity.

Damage Reduction is probably the better route, as it will reduce the DC's of all electrical attacks. Extra defenses won't protect you from, say, an AVAD that works against Flash defense. Again, reduce the DC's by the maximum ever expected in the campaign, and that's immunity to electricity.

However, ultimately, you're dealing with a GM's call. First, will the GM allow immunity as an absolute. If the GM is open to this, how will he accept it being mechanically constructed. Then you need to assess whether you can afford those points, or whether a significant resistance to electricity will (have to) suffice.

How would I add lightning bolts to this part of his description? From the waist down' date=' he looks very much like a large twisting cone of blood red smoke.[/quote']

You could try "From the waist down, he looks very much like a large twisting cone of blood red smoke with lightning bolts occasionally flashing within." Seriously, what are you asking here? Appearance is simple description. If you want these lightning bolts to do damage, you buy a power to do so.

His mother, step-father, two sisters (quintuplet), and two brothers (quintuplet) (he is a quintuple and was born on February 29,1987) where killed in a fire started by an evil female nondemonic supernatural being and her two human husbands. He barely escaped the fire. He started searching for a way to kill the evil female nondemonic supernatural being and her two husbands and protect humans from other evil supernatural beings. He will do what he his to to protect humans from evil supernatural beings.

Unknown to him is he has two step-sister with red hair and blue eyes (they are twins) by his biological father. They where born in Seattle, Washington. One of his twin step-sister is fitness instructor.

I am thinking he is a Type III Anti-Hero (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SlidingScaleOfAntiHeroes)

What should I do to make the following sound better as part of his history? He found a mystic ceremony in a Grimoire book of magic that would give him the power he has wanted so badly. The problem with doing the mystic ceremony was the ceremony was written in Latin and it required four practitioners of magic each chanting the words of the mystic ceremony for the mystic ceremony to take effect. After a long search he found the Order of the Bat which said they would preform the mystic ceremony on him but he would serve as them as their soldier in return.

His form with his powers is know as Aertheius.

Human Form: He is muscular with sleek muscles rippling under his skin. His face has a square hairline and strong square jaw line. His elbow length red hair is tied in a tight ponytail. His eyes are a brilliant green.

Because evil characters aren't superheroes, they're supervillains?

His mother' date=' step-father, two sisters (quintuplet), and two brothers (quintuplet) (he is a quintuple and was born on February 29,1987) where killed in a fire started by an evil female nondemonic supernatural being and her two human husbands.[/quote']

What purpose does having him be one of a group of quintuplets serve if you kill off all his relatives? Were they killed at random? Is there some reason his family was the target? Those issues seem way more relevant than a family prone to litters of children.

He barely escaped the fire. He started searching for a way to kill the evil female nondemonic supernatural being and her two husbands and protect humans from other evil supernatural beings. He will do what he his to to protect humans from evil supernatural beings.

Is his name Winchester?

Unknown to him is he has two step-sister with red hair and blue eyes (they are twins) by his biological father. They where born in Seattle' date=' Washington. One of his twin step-sister is fitness instructor. [/quote']

Again, what's the point of relatives he doesn't know?

I am thinking he is a Type III Anti-Hero (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SlidingScaleOfAntiHeroes)

What should I do to make the following sound better as part of his history? He found a mystic ceremony in a Grimoire book of magic that would give him the power he has wanted so badly. The problem with doing the mystic ceremony was the ceremony was written in Latin and it required four practitioners of magic each chanting the words of the mystic ceremony for the mystic ceremony to take effect. After a long search he found the Order of the Bat which said they would preform the mystic ceremony on him but he would serve as them as their soldier in return.

Is he knowledgeable? Did he do years of research, or years of combat training, hunting supernatural creatures, or did he just stumble on this book in a library and happen to find a group of sorcerors?

Is his priority protection of the innocent or punishment of the guilty?

If I have already said when he was born I am changing it to January 1ts, 1900

He did years of research looking for the right way to the gain what he wanted. He has spent years of combat training and hunting supernatural creatures. He has the time to do combat training and hunting supernatural creatures since he gained immortality as one of his abilities. I want the Order of the Bat which gave him his powers to be an organization that trains people in fight the supernatural.

What are some thing I can do to set up the Order of the Bat then them just give him his powers and training people to fight the supernatural? What stuff should be in history about the Order of the Bat? The Order of the Bat (the name might change but I am not sure on that) is an organization that trains people in fight the supernatural. I think the Order of the Bat was formed on October 31st, 1512 in Germany.

I would like to have every person I have mention to play a part in making him who he is today. I think think his mother and step father and his family he knows about is slowly killed off because his mother and step-father know too much about the evil female nondemonic supernatural being and her two husbands. The evil female nondemonic supernatural being what to keep his mother and step and the rest of his family for telling other about her. The evil female nondemonic supernatural wants his mother and father to suffer before she skills them both off.

I could see possibly at some point the relative he know nothing about becoming DNPCs

I see him as punishing the guilty and protecting the innocent when he needs to.

Bobby Singer is one of his best contacts for info on the supernatural though Bobby has never told the Winchesters about him but one day he will do that. The Winchester's grandfather knows about him. He has also meet Bella three and Ruby twice. What you do not know is that he once stole Ruby's knife and he know a great deal about Castiel. He hates what has happen to Castiel and how he died He would love to meet the Winchester and go on a hunt with them and ride in their car. I am just kidding or I am.

You're pulling a lot of Supernatural backstory into your character's background that the GM may not be interested in including in his campaign.

Then you add a bunch of stuff that seems less than consistent with that milieu, such as an ancient Order that trains Hunters, and a supernatural, immortal human that the Hunters for some reason will support and work with.

Isn't your Monstrous Character from another thread a "female nondemonic supernatural being"?

I see him as punishing the guilty and protecting the innocent when he needs to.

You seem to miss the point. Faced with the choice of punishing the guilty and protecting the innocent, which is the character's priority?

What I have written in his history so far is the Order of the Bat created to be their soldier. I know what is said below is not that detailed I am working on improving it.

What do I need to do to make thing more consistent?

This character was created before the character who is found in the post Monstrous Character. They are two different characters. The character found in the Monstrous Character was created after I changed to Champions. This character was created when I was still playing Heroes Unlimited. This character has gone through chances since I switch to Champions.

Yes it was.

I would see him punishing the guilty.

Not having test driven dimensional portals or other alternate means of travelling to other dimensions' date=' I can't say for sure. The 8 passenger Dimensional Minivan would seem workable, but whether it's the best way is largely a subjective matter. [/quote']

Here, test drive one of ours!

8 Passenger Interdimensional Minivan

Val Char Cost Notes

4 Size 20 Length 5.04m, Width 2.52m, Height 2.52m, Volume 32m^3 Mass 1.6 ton, OCV +2, KB -4

35 STR 5 HTH Damage 7d6/9d6

8 DEX -4

0 PD -2 5 PD (5 rPD)

0 ED -2 5 ED (5 rED)

3 SPD 10 Phases: 4, 8, 12

4 OCV 5

2 DCV -5

15 BODY 1

Total Characteristic Cost: 12

Movement: Ground: 25m/100m

Leaping: 10m/40m

Abilities & Equipment

Cost Power END

0 Movement

19 1) Ground Movement +25m (25m total), x4 Noncombat, 1 Continuing Fuel Charge lasting 1 Year (Fuel is Extremely Difficult to obtain; -0), Usable [As Extradimensional Mvement] (+¼), Variable Advantage (+¼ Advantages; +½) (52 Active Points); OAF Bulky (Tires; -1 ½), Only On Appropriate Terrain (-¼)

5 2) Leaping +10m (10m forward, 5m upward) (x4 Noncombat), Usable [As Teleportation] (+¼), Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger resets automatically, immediately after it activates; +1) (22 Active Points); OAF Bulky (-1 ½), Requires A Roll (Skill roll; Driving; -½), Limited Power Usable when the vehicle has just made a half move with Ground Movement (-½), Linked (Ground Movement; Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time; -¼), Cannot Move Straight Up (or up at all without a ramp) (-¼)

25 Resistant Protection (5 PD/5 ED) (Protect Carried Items)

20 +2 Size, Invisible Power Effects (+1) (20 Active Points)

Skills

3 Antitheft devices: Security Systems 9-

3 Looks like transportation native to whatever dimension it' s in: Disguise 9-

15 Sophisticated security: +5 with above Skills

Total Abilities & Equipment Cost: 90

Total Vehicle Cost: 102

Value Complications

102 Base Points

Total Complication Points: 102

Total Cost: 102/5 = 20

Lucius Alexander

Palindromedary Enterprises - we sell more than just palindromedaries!

I see him attacking supernatural beings including good supernatural beings until he finds out they which supernatural being are.good. He hates the good supernatural beings still but not as much as he did before.