Allen Thomas projects?

Kaze9999

Re: Allen Thomas projects?

I think Alien Wars and Valdorian Age are my two favorite Hero settings. I sent an email to Allen Thomas via the forums a few months back, basically just thanking him for them. I can't say whether or not he still uses the email address he registered here with, but I never got a reply (and didn't really expect one, to be honest).

But yeah, I'd be interested to see other projects he's worked on. I'm a fan.

Hadn't paid that much attention to who was doing the writing before I came here' date=' to be honest. But now that I have, count me in as a fan as well.[/quote']

Yeah, I was kind of hoping that he was a member of the forum and someone knew who he was, so I could try to talk him into writing up more adventures like "Shades of Black"! I loved Alien Wars, Valdorian Age, DEMON: Servants Of Darkness, and Shades of Black, and liked Teen Champions a lot too, and just recently realized he wrote all of those! We need him to figure out what it would be worth to him to make more cool Hero stuff for us and start a Kickstarter! ;)

You can add Dark Champions: The Animated Series and the Lemuria chapter of Hidden Lands (a personal favorite of mine) to that list. There's probably other works by Allen I've forgotten or am not aware of.

I haven't had the pleasure of perusing either of those, but I am coming around to the idea of just buying up everything Allen Thomas did for the Hero System!

Allen isn't doing much writing that I'm aware of these days' date=' alas, though I agree he's a brilliant guy and personally think Demon is probably Hero's single most underrated product. dw[/quote']

Thanks for commenting, Darren! If you happen to chat with him, could you let him know that his name came up on the forums as a particularly appreciated and sought after creator of high quality Hero material?

I personally would contribute to a KickStarter project for probably anything he felt like doing... ;)

Actually, has Allen done anything at all for 6e?

You can add Dark Champions: The Animated Series and the Lemuria chapter of Hidden Lands (a personal favorite of mine) to that list. There's probably other works by Allen I've forgotten or am not aware of.

Like Sharper Than A Serpent's Tooth, a fine multipart adventure reintroducing to current continuity one of the classic Champions villains, King Cobra.

Me am dumb. :(

Actually, has Allen done anything at all for 6e?

No. AFAIK he hasn't done any game writing at all for years. Unfortunately we all lost touch with him, so I don't know what he's up to. I keep an eye out for him every GenCon, since I know he has family in Indianapolis, but I've never seen him. I expect he's found something other than gaming to devote his considerable talents to... and whatever that is, I for one wish him great success.

Allen also did a chunk of the plotting and most of the adventure writing for Reality Storm' date=' if you're tracking down all his work for Hero. Impressively, he was also a skilled layout guy, and did several titles for us there to help Andy avoid the Dreaded Deadline Doom. dw[/quote']

Yeah, I've noticed that really good, useful maps (Keith Curtis?) seem to be prevalent in his books. I wish I could get all of his stuff on PDF, but it looks like his work predates a lot of the push to PDF.

• 4 weeks later...

I was just about to post a thread asking if Allen Thomas was going to revise the Valdorian Age for 6th. I'd so very much pledge a kickstarter for it!

Absolutely! I would totally kick in for Valdorian Age 6e with a PDF and Hero Designer Pack! And more adventures and more books covering other regions in more detail...ah...to dream!

• 1 month later...

Absolutely! I would totally kick in for Valdorian Age 6e with a PDF and Hero Designer Pack! And more adventures and more books covering other regions in more detail...ah...to dream!

I got an answer from Steve in another thread saying, no, he won't do Valdorian Age stuff...if he won't, and Allen Thomas cannot be found, who will do it for me! Oh noes!

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/89712-TUALA-MORN-Interested-In-More-Stuff?p=2329906#post2329906

I don't blame you' date=' but since that wasn't my creation (well, aside from the very basic level of coming up with some names and other bits of data), expanding on it doesn't really interest me, and I wouldn't feel right about doing it even if I were interested.[/quote']