Champions Live, Coming Soon From Silverback Press!

Darren Watts

Hey all! This is a blatant attempt to start getting the word out about my new company, Silverback Press, and our first new product: Champions Live, the superheroic LARP! Using a new rule system called Powercheck that leans heavily on the original Hero System but modifies it for quick and easy LARP play and away-from-the-table resolutions, Champions Live presents a brand new way to play the characters you've known and loved from either the tabletop or MMO videogame.

The book will be complete in one volume with rules, LARPing advice and a basic overview of the Champions setting, probably six by nine and retailing at about $25. The Kickstarter for this should go live in a couple of weeks, with an eye to having the book out in time for Gencon - I'm guessing to pay for editing, layout, art and printing we'll be looking to raise about $9k. More details will come out over the next ten days or so, but I hope you'll all let your friends know this is on the way and help me build up some excitement in the Hero family! Also, look for Silverback Press' website going live shortly as well! Thanks as always for your support, guys! dw

Re: Champions Live, Coming Soon From Silverback Press!

Oh me...Live Action Champions RPGing.

Would that mean that you going to have to have someone dress as "Fred Hexman" for the cover? And if so, would the picked person have to asume the pose (You know...both arms up, legs spread)?

Well, at least the costume would be rather simple...

Rule 1: No Spandex! ;)

No, actually, tapping into the cosplay scene could be good. Just imagine the visibility advantages of swarms of hopefully not hideous cosplayers running around major cons playing Champions.

I've decided that, budget permitting, I will support every Hero related Kickstarter project and I wish you and your company best of luck. That being said, no one in my group is even remotely interested in LARPing. Hopefully it will be a fun read for me anyway.