Snake Sisters

薔薇語

The following character is suppose to a prelim of a Master Villainess for a low level game. Well, actually, one of three villains who are almost going to be exactly the same.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]Val

[/TD]

[TD]Char

[/TD]

[TD]Cost

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]10

[/TD]

[TD]STR

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]15

[/TD]

[TD]DEX

[/TD]

[TD]10

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD]CON

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD]BODY

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD]INT

[/TD]

[TD]5

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD]EGO

[/TD]

[TD]5

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]20

[/TD]

[TD]PRE

[/TD]

[TD]10

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]2

[/TD]

[TD]PD

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]2

[/TD]

[TD]ED

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]4

[/TD]

[TD]SPD

[/TD]

[TD]20

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]4

[/TD]

[TD]REC

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD]END

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD]STUN

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]12m

[/TD]

[TD]RUN

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]4m

[/TD]

[TD]SWIM

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]4m

[/TD]

[TD]LEAP

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Characteristics Cost: 50

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]Cost

[/TD]

[TD]Power

[/TD]

[TD=align: right]END

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7

[/TD]

[TD]Domination: Major Transform 1d6, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Improved Results Group (+1/2), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2), Area Of Effect (16m Radius; +3/4), Selective (+1/4), Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1) (47 Active Points); Extra Time (20 Minutes, -2 1/2), OAF (Musical Instrument; -1), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2), Gestures (Requires both hands; -1/2), No Range (-1/2), Requires A Roll (PS roll; -1/4)

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]17

[/TD]

[TD]Snake Control: Mind Control 8d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Telepathic (+1/4) (60 Active Points); OAF (Instrument; -1), Gestures (Requires both hands; -1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Perceivable (-1/4), Requires A Roll (PS roll; -1/4)

[/TD]

[TD]2

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5

[/TD]

[TD]Mental Defense (5 points total)

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5

[/TD]

[TD]Power Defense (5 points)

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Powers Cost: 34

[TABLE]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD]Skill

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2

[/TD]

[TD]AK: Campaign City 11-

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3

[/TD]

[TD]Acting 13-

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3

[/TD]

[TD]Bribery 13-

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3

[/TD]

[TD]Charm 13-

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3

[/TD]

[TD]Concealment 12-

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3

[/TD]

[TD]Conversation 13-

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3

[/TD]

[TD]Forgery 12-

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7

[/TD]

[TD]Gambling 14-

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3

[/TD]

[TD]High Society 13-

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3

[/TD]

[TD]KS: Police and politicians 12-

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2

[/TD]

[TD]KS: The Supernatural Wolrd 11-

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3

[/TD]

[TD]KS: The Underworld 12-

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3

[/TD]

[TD]KS: Traditional and Modern Music 12-

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3

[/TD]

[TD]Oratory 13-

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3

[/TD]

[TD]PS: Business Owner 12-

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3

[/TD]

[TD]PS: Crime Lord 12-

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3

[/TD]

[TD]PS: Musician 13-

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3

[/TD]

[TD]Persuasion 13-

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3

[/TD]

[TD]Power 13-

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3

[/TD]

[TD]Sleight Of Hand 12-

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3

[/TD]

[TD]Stealth 12-

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3

[/TD]

[TD]Streetwise 13-

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3

[/TD]

[TD]Teamwork 12-

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Skills Cost: 71

[TABLE]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD]Perk

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]50

[/TD]

[TD]Follower

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]36

[/TD]

[TD]Contact (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has very useful Skills or resources, Contact is slavishly loyal to character), Organization Contact (x3) (36 Active Points) 15-

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]15

[/TD]

[TD]Contact: Underworld (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has useful Skills or resources, Good relationship with Contact), Organization Contact (x3) (15 Active Points) 11-

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1

[/TD]

[TD]Fringe Benefit: License to practice a profession

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1

[/TD]

[TD]Fringe Benefit: License to practice a profession

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]8

[/TD]

[TD]Money: Wealthy

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]16

[/TD]

[TD]Vehicles & Bases [Notes: The Bar. Although this place is dressed up like a club / bar and will allow in the general public, it has a seedier underbelly that is for more 'explicit' disires (gambling, liquor, women, anything). It comes out fitted with its own secuirity system (personel, surveilance, etc). ]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Perks Cost: 127

[TABLE]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD]Talent

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3

[/TD]

[TD]Perfect Pitch

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Talents Cost: 3Total Character Cost: 285

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]Val

[/TD]

[TD]Disadvantages

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]15

[/TD]

[TD]Psychological Complication: Devoted to Two other SIsters (Common; Strong)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]10

[/TD]

[TD]Social Complication: Semi-Public Figure Infrequently, Major

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5

[/TD]

[TD]Social Complication: Crime Lord - Trafficing, Gambling, etc. Infrequently, Minor

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]20

[/TD]

[TD]Hunted: Various Angered Politicians, Police, and Criminals Infrequently (As Pow; NCI; PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find; Harshly Punish)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Psychological Complication: Casual Disregard for others (Common; Moderate)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Disadvantage Points: 50

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 85

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

My original concept is a trio of three young Japanese sisters (but there is no reason they have to be Japanese - I was just taking inspiration from a band of three women here in Japan).

These triplets had a very troubled youth. Horribly Abusive father and a mother who died in childbirth. While still young, their father was in a drunk driving accident and perished. From then, the three of them were moved to an orphanage that was a far cry from salvation. They learned lessons that no young women should ever learn. But as time grew they learned that they had a special gift; they could influence people's attitudes and behaviors with the sound of their voice and music. When they realized this, they took it as a chance to escape their torment and try and make it in the world. Starting off as bar performers, they quickly honed their techniques - finding that they could strongly influence others, so long as the three of them were together. Even separately, they could but it took more and effort.

With this, they started to hatch their plans. First was to take vengeance on those who slighted them. Some through incriminating photos of them doing horrendous stuff - and others, perhaps the lucky ones, by being on the receiving end of those acts.

Since that time, these young girls have grown up into a criminal enterprise. Their expertise being in trafficking of drugs, weapons, and even human trafficking. To help maintain this, they also have a successful club in the campaign city. One that is a front for a high market gambling bar and brothel for the city’s elites. And thus one that serves as a chance for them to work their skills on the most influential people in the city. Those that can’t be wholly corrupted are found in compromising situations - usually with illegal young girls or boys. This tactic has not earned them much in the way of love and respect of politicians or criminals (especially those who work the same business), but most are too afraid to strike back.

Campaign Use:

The snake sisters are meant to be a big time King-Pin style villain group. They have the resources and drive to make the life of any PC horrible. And with their unique power, they rarely find that they are lacking in supporters.

----

One thing I want help on to help finish up the character above along with copying it for the other three is on how to coordinate powers. I want for each girl to have the same power concept as above, but for them to be able to do it better when together. My only way of doing this that I can think of off hand is to have them use “team work” to help increase the ‘damage’ done. Any advice would be appreciated.

La Rose.

Re: Snake Sisters

Actually, I managed to figure out how to do some things with the combined powers. Too late (2am here in Japan) for me to actually to do the adjustments, so I am posting them to remind me. :)

Naked advantages like with a limitation requiring her sisters could help me offset power costs and give more validity to the power's collective nature. Team work still works. But I could also build in Performer skill bonuses that require assist rolls from her sister. This should be cheap and let me have a higher chance to pass the checks.

Anyway, I still welcome any critiques or advice.

La Rose.

Nope. No such connections. I actually didn't even try to explain that in there and I should have.

In a lot of Asia, snakes are generally thought to have various mystical powers. Hypnotism among them. Likewise, Snakes / Dragons are a common theme for Yakuza in Japan - my original image for these three girls was that they were Japanese. Actually, I was watching the video below when I had the idea.

That said, the actual name isn't all that important. And up for change. But I do like your angle of trying to bring in a loose Medusa tie in.

AAA - Samurai Spirit - Featuring Rin

La Rose.

There is a Limitation called "Requires Multiple Users."

Simply buy X pts of a Power, then buy +Y pts with "Requires 2 Users" and +Z pts with "Requires 3 Users"

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary remembers that Medusa had two sistes

There is also the "Fighting Array" idea brought up in "Watchers of the Dragon" and a couple of other places as well. It uses an Aid to... Dex I believe, but only when Characters X and Y are fighting together with in a certain radius. This would work for the the Snake sisters, in this case an Aid to Mind Control. You have a certain amount when there are two of them and the max amount when there are three of them.

Good catches, Christopher.

I will have to go back and edit the transform. You were generally correct. It is suppose to be an Ego transform. But it isn't from "normal person to slave". I kept it at major so that that option wouldn't be there. Rather it is to add other limitations that might lead to that social complication. Things like become "gambler" / "Drug addict" / "other". Things that the girls can then exploit. Total slave I think is too strong for this level of setting. And the Major is really suppose to just be there to bring out the inner ID in a target.

La Rose.

I will have to go back and edit the transform. You were generally correct. It is suppose to be an Ego transform. But it isn't from "normal person to slave". I kept it at major so that that option wouldn't be there. Rather it is to add other limitations that might lead to that social complication. Things like become "gambler" / "Drug addict" / "other". Things that the girls can then exploit. Total slave I think is too strong for this level of setting. And the Major is really suppose to just be there to bring out the inner ID in a target.

I think that would require at least some level of "increased Results Group" as well. If it's one "class" of complciations (social/physchological) a +1/4 could be enough.

I think that would require at least some level of "increased Results Group" as well. If it's one "class" of complciations (social/physchological) a +1/4 could be enough.

I agree. Actually, I set it as a plus 1/2 for the character above. ^^

La Rose.

La Rose.

err how is 1d6 effective ?

is the transform cumulative?

Performers and DJs often get a percentage of alcohol sales

there are so many songs on that subject I suspect for that reason