Australian Supervillains

assault

21 hours ago, Opal said:

Sorry to disappoint, I'm an old returning Champions! fan. 

Not disappointed at all; new-to-me is as good as any other sort of new.   :lol:

21 hours ago, Opal said:

I was participating on here as 6th came up, and discussions  left me convinced it wasn't for me. 

It wasn't for me, either.  I bought it, though, if only in the hopes of supporting the company so they would be around long enough to produce something I am interested in.  :lol:

6 wasnt for me, but then niether were 5, 4, or 3.   It's,all,good though; backwards compatibility is a high mark for Champions /HERO, so I pop in for a year or two now and again.

Just now, Duke Bushido said:

6 wasnt for me, but then niether were 5, 4, or 3.   It's,all,good though; backwards compatibility is a high mark for Champions /HERO, so I pop in for a year or two now and again.

Wow, all the 2 way back to 2nd?  I actually skipped 2nd; just missed it if it ever hit the shelf at the old hobby shop; went 1st + II + III + Danger International, then jumped to 3rd (+Fantasy Hero + Star Hero).  4th finally made Hero a true Universal System, which really sold me on it, even if the 'skill inflation' was already looking perilous.  ( I actually didn't hate Fuzion, and kinda liked the stripped-down Wildstrike.)  5th seemed like a plateau.  

But the thing about a universal or, even Champions! 1st or 2nd's nascent/potential universal system, is you *can* adapt anything to it if you want, so backwards (or forwards) compatibility not hard at all.  

All-- and I mean _all_ the stuff for 3e, except Champions itself, skipped my FLGS way back when.  Didn't even know most of those existed until 4e, when I scored some back issues of a few gaming magazines.  I didn't even know about Espionage until just a few years ago, and finally snagged a boxed set .... what?  Two, three years ago?   Hell, I posted about it when I finally found one.   :lol: