How to Build: Read Ancient Ruins / Writings

djkester

I'm working on building a spell / power for reading ancient languages. The effect:

You cast a spell and gain an understanding of the ancient writing / ruins.

I'm looking for suggestions on how to build this. I haven't got any good brainstorms yet so I'm hoping for your help.

Thanks to everyone who responds.

dave

Re: How to Build: Read Ancient Ruins / Writings

One other thing you might do is dig down and find out what the Talent 'Universal Translator' is actually at its core (it's likely based on a 'Detect' or some such thing). I think that 'Ultimate Skills' might have that information (someone can correct me if I'm wrong).

That way, you might be able to pull out the parts that 'fit' and add-in the spell part (incantations, etc) to just the portion you want....

Re: How to Build: Read Ancient Ruins / Writings

Polyhistor's Key to Unlocking the Secrets of Mysterious Writings: (Total: 23 Active Cost, 5 Real Cost) Universal Translator 14- (23 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; Character is totally unaware of nearby events; -1 1/2), Limited Power Writings Only (-1), Requires A Roll (Skill roll; -1/2), Costs Endurance (-1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4) (Real Cost: 5)

Polyhistor's Improved Key to Unlocking the Secrets of Mysterious Writings: (Total: 36 Active Cost, 7 Real Cost) Universal Translator 18- (27 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; Character is totally unaware of nearby events; -1 1/2), Limited Power Writings Only (-1), Requires A Roll (Skill roll; -1/2), Costs Endurance (-1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4) (Real Cost: 5)

plus Speed Reading (x10) (4 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; Character is totally unaware of nearby events; -1 1/2), Linked (Universal Translator; Lesser Power can only be used when character uses greater Power at full value; -3/4) (Real Cost: 1) plus Eidetic Memory (5 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2), Limited Power Text Only (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4), Linked (Speed Reading (x10); -1/4), Incantations (-1/4), Gestures (-1/4) (Real Cost: 1)

Lucius Alexander

Introducing a palindromedary to a glyphtodont