A Body/Defense Question

I know that the body of inanimate substances is based on mass. So don't know the exact answer, but I know that if for example a liter of water was 1 BOD, then 2 BOD is 2 litres, 3 BOD is 4 liters, 4 BOD is 8 liters, etc.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary buys Power Defense as a Defense Power

My idea is to have a brew potion power by making a transformation attack to transform water and ingredients into a potion, giving the resulting liquid powers according to the rules listed in the 5e revised core book. So, it will not really require much transformation attack for the water and ingredients, most of the need for transformation will be to add the powers. :)

My idea is to have a brew potion power by making a transformation attack to transform water and ingredients into a potion, giving the resulting liquid powers according to the rules listed in the 5e revised core book. So, it will not really require much transformation attack for the water and ingredients, most of the need for transformation will be to add the powers. :)
Seems like a lot of trouble to make potions. Perhaps just buying the power with Focus and Charges? Or just handwaving the whole thing and saying that the Alchemist brewed the potions with the correct skill roll and having the ability to use the spell imbued into the potion?

I know that the body of inanimate substances is based on mass. So don't know the exact answer' date=' but I know that if for example a liter of water was 1 BOD, then 2 BOD is 2 litres, 3 BOD is 4 liters, 4 BOD is 8 liters, etc. Lucius Alexander The palindromedary buys Power Defense as a Defense Power[/quote']

That's the best/easiest way. 5th ed revised has 1.6 kg of an unliving substance (ie water) having 1 body and it doubles for each additional body (so 3.2 kg has 2 body and 6.4 kg has 3). As for defense I would assume 0 PD/ED under most circumstances. The only times I think it would change would be high velocity impacts (bullets, falling objects, etc) or due to special effects such as those mentioned by Greywind. Since you're using it to simulate brewing a potion, I would assume 0 defense.

Talk to your GM. If you are the GM be aware that this could EASILY get out of hand if you establish this as a precedent. Generally speaking I would require Transform powers to accumulate around 20 BODY on pretty much anything they tried to transform just for a balance perspective. Transforming something with 0 BODY shouldn't be "free" (especially since you could Transform it into something with much more Body afterwards.)

According to The Ultimate Brick, a cubic hex (7 cubic meters, 7000 liters, 1848 gallons) of water has 6 BODY. If you assume -1 BODY per halving, a 55-gallon drum of water would have 1 BODY, not counting the drum, obviously.

In the Creating Objects section of the Transform description (6E1 306) it suggests creating 4 liters of water per BODY rolled.