Converting the Arduin Grimoire to Fantasy Hero

shadowcat1313

Just wanted to post a quick reply - yet another game with some ideas that I liked that I might try! Aargh - have the first the books (original copies), and I might actually have some notes on that. I'll add more if I can dig them out (I think I did some work on races and magic - liked the deodanths a lot for some reason, and the star-powered mage).

I agree COMPLETELY! :) Unfortunately I have been unable to find my original rules for years. Probably still in boxes from when I moved 10 years ago. :(

Originally posted by shadowcat1313

I always like the variety of magic items, and monsters, the dragons and demons were really more interesting than those in D&D and a lot nastier

and there were some wonderful spells too

Originally posted by gewing

I agree COMPLETELY! :) Unfortunately I have been unable to find my original rules for years. Probably still in boxes from when I moved 10 years ago. :(

There were some updated ones done. I picked them up for $10 for the two volumes.

Sam Bell wrote up a version called Arduin Hero. I played in the 1.0 version. Lot's of fun. He had a 2.1 version mostly worked out when he died.

I've got the framemaker files, but haven't done the conversion. Another friend did convert them over to HTML, but I don't want to slam the host computer. (I'll see what I can do to get these available.)

• 6 months later...

Re: Converting the Arduin Grimoire to Fantasy Hero

bump...

Lemming, I'd be interested in seeing Arduin Hero. I never really learned straight AD&D 1st, my original gaming group always used the Arduin Grimoires with our D&D!

Of course, then I discovered Champions...been hooked ever since.

bump...

Lemming, I'd be interested in seeing Arduin Hero. I never really learned straight AD&D 1st, my original gaming group always used the Arduin Grimoires with our D&D!

Of course, then I discovered Champions...been hooked ever since.

Doh! It's now on my official things to do this week. ;)

If some one is willing to put the web content together, I have some free web space that could be used for it. Seeing as how I am not using it for anything I would be more than happy to post the pages and drop a link here. :rockon:

The files are available. I downloaded them right after reading this thread when it was first posted.

I've upgraded them to Framemaker 7.0 and made a PDF set of them.

The chapter headings say 2.1 (except for one which says 2.0.2). So I assume they are the v2.1 that Lemming spoke of.

Do you want the zip-file of the PDFs?

The files are available. I downloaded them right after reading this thread when it was first posted.

I've upgraded them to Framemaker 7.0 and made a PDF set of them.

The chapter headings say 2.1 (except for one which says 2.0.2). So I assume they are the v2.1 that Lemming spoke of.

Do you want the zip-file of the PDFs?

Coolness. Saves me work. :) If you could, I'd love to have to have that emailed to lemming@quirkyqatz.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...