What sort of powers and abilities do you think this character would have?

phoenix240

She looks like a updated version of Cleopatra. Mind Control (vs. Men Only). Telekinesis (Items moved by the will of the Queen). Force Field (Telekinesis Based) that's invisible until struck. Armor that enhances her strength and allows her to survive in any environment.

I'm just going to channel my inner thirteen year old here:

Bonus to PRE, only effective vs. Men, OIHID (costume)

Bonus to STR vs. Grabs because she looks like she's been oiled down.

Has to have really low base PD and ED. Better give that girl a Force Field!

Can't give her Armor... Where is it?

Honestly? You could give her anything your heart desires. Power Girl's costume is even less practical, and she's the archetype for the female FISS; Flight, Indestructibility, Strength, and Speed. Give her Summon Mummies, or a big pile of Egypt themed magical powers, or make her a dimension travelling warlord with ultra powerful microtechnology concealed in her thong (one just assumes it's a thong)

This is comics, so it's easier to answer what she can't be. Uhm... Probably not a Mormon Missionary.

My initial thought was a sorcerer/social sort, more of a master (mistress?) mind with minions, mundane and created or summoned to the heavy lifting. She dresses for appeal not practicality (for whatever value that applies to a comic book setting :-D) since she doesn't wish to really engage in fights and uses her minions to protect her and cover her retreats with perhaps some defensive spells and items to cover for misfortune and surprises.

But I thought it might be interesting to change things up a little, make more frontline, perhaps a brick, maybe with a supernatural origin. She could be a fully restored mummy and so much tougher than she appears with some magical powers to back that up. Or possibly a martial artist of some sort though I'm not entirely sure what to base her powers and maneuvers on. I'm not familiar with styles from the region. Of course, she might be a modern character that just effects the look because she likes it or throws people off.

If she were a shapeshifter, or growth/shrinking, that could help explain the extreme lack of costume.

Anyway she's definitely got some sort of Ancient Egyptian power set, based on the jewelry and hairstyle. Summoning undead or scarabs, sandstorms, darkness, superhuman strength/agility. Alternatively the headpiece is suggestive of a mentalist.

Actually a closer look at the drawing gives the lie to all the "indecent" thoughts here. There are numerous "crease" lines that seem to indicate she is wearing a flesh toned outfit that fully conceals her skin instead of bare skin with minimal covering so armor could easily apply :P

I don't really see that in the image.

That's similar to a player character in one of our campaigns. She was a scribe slave to a Eygptian sorcerer that was used as the subject of experiment as punishment for disobedience. Effectively mummified while she was still alive she eventually learned to free her consciousness from her immobile body and later how to reanimate her corporal form by covertly studying her former (and by the time late) master's material in spirit form.

Actually a closer look at the drawing gives the lie to all the "indecent" thoughts here. There are numerous "crease" lines that seem to indicate she is wearing a flesh toned outfit that fully conceals her skin instead of bare skin with minimal covering so armor could easily apply :P

Yeah, I can see that. The line up the center of her body looks like a seam or crease. A woman with well defined abs might have a line up her belly, but it wouldn't usually go up all the way up to her collar bone.

However, instead of the costume being flesh cover, how about it being transparent except for the gold strips. She could be a pop singer, possibly with some Egyptian blood in her, and the costume could be deliberately provocative in order to tweak the Egyptian patriarchy. Maybe, her powers came as result or manifested when a Salifist tried to kill her for leading women into indecency and men into ungodly thoughts.

For something different...

Alien android that was originally placed on Earth during Ancient Egypt. Reawakened in modern days after it's "death" and thought to be undead. Powers would include:

• Android Body that's not only durable, but strong and fast.

• Solar powers that grant her energy and a bevy of light-based powers.

• The obvious beauty (which I would buy as Striking Appearance and maybe a PRE boost).

• Maybe Flight with a light trail.

Basically, she would be an android paragon with an Egyptian theme.

For something different...

Alien android that was originally placed on Earth during Ancient Egypt. Reawakened in modern days after it's "death" and thought to be undead. Powers would include:

• Android Body that's not only durable, but strong and fast.

• Solar powers that grant her energy and a bevy of light-based powers.

• The obvious beauty (which I would buy as Striking Appearance and maybe a PRE boost).

• Maybe Flight with a light trail.

Basically, she would be an android paragon with an Egyptian theme.

Wow, that's a very different take.Thanks!

I am unable to answer the question because there are really three ways to go with it, and the powers would depend on which way.

First is a hand to hand type. Given how little shes wearing and body type I'd go more martial artist than brick.

Second is the sexy sorceress

Third with that headgear, I just can't look at that big green gem and not picturing a beam blasting out of it. So energy projector.