Ideas Needed

The Arc

I'm working on another super-villain group and find that I need some more ideas. The group is known as Devyatb which is Russian for Nine. Devyatb are a group of super-villains who until recently were imprisoned in the Grand Gulag, an underground supermax metahuman prison in far off Siberia. In my world, metahumans first came into existence during the Great Patriotic War. However, with Stalin in power he didn't trust anyone with superpowers. He saw any of them as a threat to him. Most were made to disappear in a period known as the Secret Purge. A few were even responsible for the construction of the Grand Gulag. The few survivors of the Secret Purge were imprisoned in the Grand Gulag. Over the decades the prison was expanded and improved with each new general secretary. The prison was considered inescapable; that was until recently. Nine super-villains have escaped. This is where I need some ideas for Devyatb.

So far I've come up with the following characters.

Evrenay/Bestial (Brick)-He has the arms and legs of a beast as well as wings

Belay Vdova/White Widow (Martial Artist)-She is a genetically modified super spy.

Poteryano/Lost-She has the powers to become immaterial.

Troika (duplicator)-She can create duplicates of herself, I'm still deciding if she can make more than 2.

Vamerzaneya/Winterkill (Brick/Martial Artist)-A cyborg. He was the 1st subject of the Super-Spetzna program. Unfortunately things didn't go as planned as he went insane killing several scientists in the process. He was killed, but the state wasn't willing to let the body go to waste and turned him into a cyborg. However, he was still deemed a failure and sent off to the Grand Gulag. 

Vechnoy Merzlota/Permafrost (Energy Blaster)-Haven't put much thought on this one.

Doktor Grey Mater/Doctor Grey Mater (Gadgeteer/Mentalist)-Once a scientist, an assistant to Professor Prosperov (one of the top mad scientists in Russia). The doctor lost his body in a lab mishap and transferred his body to a robot. He then became a super-villain for several years before his capture and being sent to the Grand Gulag. His robot was destroyed and now he resides in a bubble.

So that is 7 of the 9 and I've ran out of ideas. I need at least 2 more. Also if anyone wants to help flesh out 7 I've worked on so far that would be great, especially Permafrost. Thanks for any ideas.

Rasputitsa AKA "Colonel Mud" - Rasputitsa referes to the semiannual Mud Seasons that during the war made unpaved roads difficult to use.  Powers are Earth control with Entangles a specialty. 

Buran (Snowstorm) - Cold Powers (also the name for the Soviet Space Shuttle).  Secret identity cosmonaut.

Iskra (Spark) - Electrical Powers (also the name of the first Soviet Newspaper, later made illegal).  Secret identity could be a newspaper reporter.

I'm working on another super-villain group and find that I need some more ideas. The group is known as Devyatb which is Russian for Nine. Devyatb are a group of super-villains who until recently were imprisoned in the Grand Gulag, an underground supermax metahuman prison in far off Siberia. In my world, metahumans first came into existence during the Great Patriotic War. However, with Stalin in power he didn't trust anyone with superpowers. He saw any of them as a threat to him. Most were made to disappear in a period known as the Secret Purge. A few were even responsible for the construction of the Grand Gulag. The few survivors of the Secret Purge were imprisoned in the Grand Gulag. Over the decades the prison was expanded and improved with each new general secretary. The prison was considered inescapable; that was until recently. Nine super-villains have escaped. This is where I need some ideas for Devyatb.

So far I've come up with the following characters.

Evrenay/Bestial (Brick)-He has the arms and legs of a beast as well as wings

Belay Vdova/White Widow (Martial Artist)-She is a genetically modified super spy.

Poteryano/Lost-She has the powers to become immaterial.

Troika (duplicator)-She can create duplicates of herself, I'm still deciding if she can make more than 2.

Vamerzaneya/Winterkill (Brick/Martial Artist)-A cyborg. He was the 1st subject of the Super-Spetzna program. Unfortunately things didn't go as planned as he went insane killing several scientists in the process. He was killed, but the state wasn't willing to let the body go to waste and turned him into a cyborg. However, he was still deemed a failure and sent off to the Grand Gulag. 

Vechnoy Merzlota/Permafrost (Energy Blaster)-Haven't put much thought on this one.

Doktor Grey Mater/Doctor Grey Mater (Gadgeteer/Mentalist)-Once a scientist, an assistant to Professor Prosperov (one of the top mad scientists in Russia). The doctor lost his body in a lab mishap and transferred his body to a robot. He then became a super-villain for several years before his capture and being sent to the Grand Gulag. His robot was destroyed and now he resides in a bubble.

So that is 7 of the 9 and I've ran out of ideas. I need at least 2 more. Also if anyone wants to help flesh out 7 I've worked on so far that would be great, especially Permafrost. Thanks for any ideas.

Why "Nine"?

Found this online 

http://www.fas.org/irp/world/russia/kgb/su0515.htm

According to the KGB table of organization the Ninth Directorate was the "Guards Directorate".  It provided bodyguards for Soviet party leaders, the Kremlin, and other government facilities.  

Having them go by the simple but mysterious name "Nine" would be perfect.

Rasputitsa AKA "Colonel Mud" - Rasputitsa referes to the semiannual Mud Seasons that during the war made unpaved roads difficult to use.  Powers are Earth control with Entangles a specialty. 

Buran (Snowstorm) - Cold Powers (also the name for the Soviet Space Shuttle).  Secret identity cosmonaut.

Iskra (Spark) - Electrical Powers (also the name of the first Soviet Newspaper, later made illegal).  Secret identity could be a newspaper reporter.

I like the Buran idea. Naturally the cold of Siberia wouldn't both him in the least. The cosmonaut idea is great as well, an accidental exposure to space crossing the Van Allen radiation belt would cause a mutation. Something along the likes of Mister Freeze I'm thinking.

I like the Buran idea. Naturally the cold of Siberia wouldn't both him in the least. The cosmonaut idea is great as well, an accidental exposure to space crossing the Van Allen radiation belt would cause a mutation. Something along the likes of Mister Freeze I'm thinking.

Of course if I went with Buran, I'd have to drop Permafrost, can't have two ice powered characters.

Iskra - Inessa Konstantinova Razin

Val Char Cost

15 STR 5

20 DEX 30

18 CON 16

11 BODY 2

18 INT 8

14 EGO 8

15 PRE 5

18 COM 4

5 PD 2

5 ED 1

4 SPD 10

9 REC 4

46 END 5

28 STUN 0

Total Characteristics Cost: 100 Points

Cost Skills

3 Conversation 12-

3 Electronics 13-

1 FB: Passport

1 FB: Press Pass

4 Lang: Native English (British Accent)

4 Lang: Native German

3 Navigation [Air] 13-

3 Paramedic 13-

3 PS[iNT]: Reporter 13-

Total Skills Cost: 25 Points

Cost Powers

50 Multipower (50 Points)

5 u) EB 10d6

5 u) EB 5d6 NND [Electric Powers or Insulated Against Electricity] (+1)

3 u) HA +7d6, HTH Attack (-1/2), 1/2 END (+1/4)

5 u) RKA 3d6+1

1 u) Transform: Instant Change [Any]

8 ES: RPT, IIF: Radio (-1)

15 EC [Electricity]-15 Points

15 1) Flight 10", 8x NCM

15 2) Force Field +12 rPD +12 rED, 1/2 END (+1/4)

3 LS: Intense Cold, Longevity [200 Years]

Total Powers Cost: 125 Points

Total Cost: 250 Points

150+ Disadvantages

15 Hunted: KGB (More Powerful/NCI/Watch) 14-

20 Normal Characteristics Maxima

10 PsyL: Secretive (Uncommon/Strong)

15 SocL: Secret Identity (Frequently/Major)

15 SocL: Subject To Orders (Frequently/Major)

15 Vuln: Edge Metal Weapons, 1 1/2x STUN (Very Common)

10 Vuln: Water Attacks, 1 1/2x STUN (Common)

Total Disadvantages Cost: 250 Points

Origin:  Inessa Razin was a reporter, and the daughter of an electrical plant manager.  Before the war she had travelled to England and Germany.  She was at the plant doing a propaganda story when an accident took place, and was exposed to a strange type of energy that gave her electricity based powers.   She offered herself to the authorities to use against the Germans, but instead was sent to a secret gulag with others who possessed powers.  Inessa worked there as a medic, and helped keep the electrical equipment running.   When the Nine broke out of the Secret Gulag she was one of them, but the KGB believed she was their agent inside the group.  Wether this is true or not remains to be seen.

Of course if I went with Buran, I'd have to drop Permafrost, can't have two ice powered characters.

You could use both, and they could be brother and sister.  One "good", one "evil", like Geoforce and Terra.

So which archetypes am I missing. A fallen Patriot would be nice, I think...No Captain Russia...I've got enough homages going around. Naturally White Widow is an homage to Black Widow and Winterkill is an homage to Winter Soldier...

Red Star - Soviet Patriotic Hero

Frozen Star: Named in English, you might think he's a cold-based character, but that's actually the Russian slang for what American scientists call a "black hole."  Density/gravity powers, perhaps the ability to suck objects into another universe.  Calling him "black hole" is his Enraged condition by the way, that's an obscene insult in Russian.

I have some thoughts on Troika.

1. She has the power of Duplication, wherein she creates three of herself.

2. She's moderately strong, tough and fast -- better than the top Olympic athletes -- but her mind is what makes her dangerous.

3. She's extremely intelligent, capable of reasoning out things from the tiniest bits of information (High Deduction and similar skills)

4. She's an instinctive Tactician (Tactics, Find Weakness, etc)

5. She's dangerous in HTH & Ranged Combat (Appropriate Talents; Martial Arts; and EB w/OAF to reflect damage with any type of object -- pick up anything and use it to hurt people).

6. She's a Natural Leader -- ergo, she's the Teams Leader.

7. When Duplicated, she shares damage between her three selves, and is able to communicate telepathically with each of them (Mind Link).

~ M

Razum Protrite (Mind Wipe). A teenage boy used by the Intelligence Agencies to extract information from criminals, spy's, dissidents and Counter Revolutionaries (Assuming "Soviet Style" Government here...adjust otherwise).

Razum Protrite, while an extremely strong Psychic, is, as a consequence of having probed too many minds, unstable.  He has control of his powers and low and mid levels, but at higher levels they are difficult to control and sometimes affect the area around him -- even to the size of a small city.  He can communicate via Telepathy, probe minds, cause pain, and kill with a thought (RKA, AVLD - Mental Defense)

The Drugs that were used to keep him under control have also made him paranoid, while he sometimes manifests bits of different personalities from all of the minds that he has read.  While medicated, he is docile.  While medicated, he can be extremely volatile -- ranging from peaceful to extremely violent.

He wears a necklace, with a simple silver cross on it.  He is constantly holding it, though he doesn't know why.

~ M