Microkinesis - Doing a lot with a little

McManus

I was wondering what interesting things people could imagine someone with TK with fine manipulation at an atomic, molecular, or cellular level might be able to do. Given that they also had senses at that level as well.

And how would you build those effects in Hero?

• Telekinesis (1 STR), Fine Manipulation, Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1) (23 Active Points)
  • Microscopic Vision (x100,000) with Normal Sight (15 Active Points)

One option is the whole Transforms – one element to another.

What else? Let's get creative.

TFM

I was wondering what interesting things people could imagine someone with TK with fine manipulation at an atomic, molecular, or cellular level might be able to do. Given that they also had senses at that level as well.

• Telekinesis (1 STR), Fine Manipulation, Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1) (23 Active Points)

TFM

I could be wrong, but I wonder if elemental transmutation would be possible. Could 1 STR overcome the strong nuclear force? And wouldn't that trigger a massive release of energy, ie an explosion? (which could, of course, be a desirable effect for a super.)

Hero Games published a character for its Terran Empire setting, in the book Scourges Of The Galaxy, who has a similar ability. He's a Xenovore who can extrude tentacles from his body which divide into smaller and smaller filaments, until they eventually achieve atomic width. He can use them to almost instantly reshape both inorganic and organic matter at the atomic level in nearly any manner he desires, including brain functions (and some of the changes he imagines are pretty grotesque). This is done with Transform. Although he can't transmute elements, he can separate the atoms in matter, causing that matter to disintegrate (built as a big Killing Attack).

TFM

What you describe is not a power. It's a special effect for a bunch of powers.

It's important to never forget the difference between Special Effect and Game Effect. That is a special effect if I ever saw one, so forget the whole Telekinesis build. It will have no game effect and won't get you around paying exactly for the game effects you really have.

What you describe also follows how Alchemy works in the "Full Metal Alchemist" Manga/Anime. The basic process is "destroy one elemental structure, create a new one from the result melange of atoms". Mostly they used it for KA*, HKA*, Flight*, Barriers and the like. Just think about what the average Icebased Hero can make by forming ice from thin air - that is what you could do too.

*With Material Manifestation

You can create heat by Fusing materials with a know mass defect:

I had one idea for a Plasma wielding heroine. She has a form of magnetokinesis, except it only works on atoms. Specifically only Hydrogen atoms. She can take the hydrogen atoms out of water and force them to fuse. On top of that she can store fused material in her body (so she is not limited to how much water she has nearby).

You can also use the same approach to take heat: Fuse anything like iron or heavier elements will actually require/take a ton of energy:

http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Crossoverkill/5318740/

Any combination off elements will either take energy (Endothermic reaction) or Produce energy (Exothermic reaction). Seperating them usually requries the opposite amount/direction of Power.