Need help making Cluck-zilla

Merlin273

I'm trying to make a giant chicken for my Fantasy Campaign characters to fight (the result if a 'World of Warcraft'-like gnomish Gigantisizer Beam; an attempt to create large eggs to feed a starving population enmass).  Thing is, I havent got a clue how to stat up a chicken, let alone a 30'-50' one. 

I'm guessing it should be about 9-12m tall (Semi-Huge, APG pg 100), have a HKAs with claws and beak, and maybe some Damage Reduction (and maybe Fire-breath?), other than this, I'm stumped at building this thing.

Does anyone have any ideas on building 'Cluck-zilla'?

The Hero System Bestiary for 6e has several Dinosaur write-ups which could easily be adapted for this: The Corythosarus or Duckbill Dinosaur (146 points), The Deinonoychus or Velociraptor (178 points) and of course the good ol' T-Rex (316 points).  An Elephant clocks in at 209 points for comparison.  I can't post the builds but they all really only differ in the value of their basic stats like STR, Defenses, STUN, Running and attacks (bite or claw).

Yes, they do. Check a color wheel.

I know they are Complimentary Colors...but they "offend" (so to speak) my personal sensibilities when they are combined.  But then again...I'm not really a purple type of guy...or yellow really.  Doesn't match my complexion. :P

(I've used them together in products for customers.  Just wouldn't do it for my own personal use).

~ N

So, you didn't like Batgirl on the 60's TV show?

The actress: Yes. 

The Color scheme: No.

Sorry, it's a personal thing.  There are things that each of us like and each of us don't like.  If it was Black & Purple or Black & Yellow...sure.  As I said...it's just a personal thing.  I can go with it, and it's not something that I'm violently opposed to, just something that I wouldn't personally choose.  Again...a personal choice.

Sorry if I upset you.

Peace.

~ N

I'm trying to make a giant chicken for my Fantasy Campaign characters to fight (the result if a 'World of Warcraft'-like gnomish Gigantisizer Beam; an attempt to create large eggs to feed a starving population enmass).  Thing is, I havent got a clue how to stat up a chicken, let alone a 30'-50' one. 

I'm guessing it should be about 9-12m tall (Semi-Huge, APG pg 100), have a HKAs with claws and beak, and maybe some Damage Reduction (and maybe Fire-breath?), other than this, I'm stumped at building this thing.

Does anyone have any ideas on building 'Cluck-zilla'?

The first questions for me are:

What power level (point totals) do the heros have?

What power level do I want this thing to have?

It is not clear if this is for a Heroic game or Superheroic game, both have some slightly different things to keep in mind.

Single mosters that fight against groups of heroes are often hard to balance. It might be easier if you give it some "semi big" chickens or something else as allies. A master foe plus some minor guys is easier to balance then one big guy.

At least in superheroic games the formula for a "single boss without help" writeup is:

Rather High SPD - so it can act a lot of different things and being stunned last shorter.

Mediocre Defenses - so everyone can deal some damage

Damage Resistance - this is like a big Multiplier for the Stun/Rec/Body stats (50% is already a *2). It also makes it a lot harder to get the mosters/single foe stunned from from attacks (despite it's rather low defenses). Leaving out DR for specific damage types (like not against mental powers) can mark a "weak point".

Power ideas:

It has wings. While not flight capable it can be used for some wing based AoE attacks.

270°/360° Vision, due to eye placement.

As I see it they either are capable of picking up and swallowing a target in one peck (Bestiary afaik has rules for being Swallow/Being digested), or they to grab it with the beak and break it in half/smaller parts using head movement and beak pressure - til the pieces are small enough to be swallowed at once.

The normal house chicken is a herbivore that is breed for being fat, not defense, offense or flight capabilities. So I would say rather tough then dangerous attacks.