Acronym Help: ULTRA

assault

ULTRA will be a Shield/UNTIL type organisation in my personal universe. It's basically a joint task force set up by the US and various of its allies to fight supercrime. In theory operations are under the control of, or at least occur with the permission of the government of the country in which they take place. (Yeah, right...)

In practice, that means that its operations in (for example) the US are under US control, in Canada they are under Canadian control, and in Libya, Kenya or wherever they are under US control, possibly with support from other nations.

It's not under UN auspices.

It combines scientific, intelligence and military assets.

Anyway, the acronym.

My original thought was "Ultra Level Threat Response Agency". Obviously this is tautological.

It implies a threat hierarchy, with "ultra level threats" being a thing. That's fine, although the terminology can be varied.

"Ultimate Level Threat Response Agency"?

"Threats" might be graded as, say, "Low Level", "Moderate Level", "High Level", "Very High Level", and "Ultimate Level", with the latter being the equivalent of Dr Destroyer, DEMON, Alien Invasions and so on. Thus the existence of ULTRA.

I might go with this then: "Ultimate Level Threat Response Agency", unless somebody has a better idea.

So, any better ideas?

I'll want a VIPER/Hydra style agency at some point too, so suggestions in that area would be welcome too.

(And no, I won't be using Raven or anything published by HERO Games or anyone else.)

Sort of borrowed from everybody:

Umbrella

Logistic,

Tactical, &

Reconnaissance

Agency.

Two things make this one attractive to me:

1. The connotation of "overhead cover or protection during a storm," and

2. Little enamel umbrella lapel pins. You know you want one.