Danger Sense false alarms

Blue

Here's the power I want a character to have...

The ability to cause someone's danger sense to "trip" even when there's no danger.

At first I thought about using a drain and attaching the special effect that it's always ringing and thus useless, but it's really not the same thing.  I want the villain (a trickster) to be periodically tripping the danger sense and causing the hero to jump to conclusions about what's happening next.

Hero A walks down the street, a woman gets out of a van carrying a cake box, the hero's danger sense trips.  Hilarity ensues.

How do I trip the hero's danger sense when there's no real danger.  Some sort of images vs Danger sense?

Some sort of images vs Danger sense?

I think you nailed it. You can substitute the target's Danger Sense Roll (with whatever penalties the Images is bought with) to tell that it's a false alarm, or else make it a straight INT Roll. Only catch I can see is the user has no way of knowing if their prospective target actually has Danger Sense or not unless you also give them some sort of Detect.

Here's the power I want a character to have...

The ability to cause someone's danger sense to "trip" even when there's no danger.

At first I thought about using a drain and attaching the special effect that it's always ringing and thus useless, but it's really not the same thing.  I want the villain (a trickster) to be periodically tripping the danger sense and causing the hero to jump to conclusions about what's happening next.

Hero A walks down the street, a woman gets out of a van carrying a cake box, the hero's danger sense trips.  Hilarity ensues.

How do I trip the hero's danger sense when there's no real danger.  Some sort of images vs Danger sense?

I would go with images vs Danger Sense.... I've only done this once though, and it was way back in ye olden days...say early 80s. I might feel a little dirty using something like that nowadays..:)" SpiderDude! That old woman, she's Very DANGEROUS!!!" :rofl:  "So, what do you do?" "Phase 12?" :rofl:

Silence False Alarms: (Total: 14 Active Cost, 6 Real Cost) Discriminatory with Danger Sense, Uncontrolled (+1/2) (7 Active Points); Limited Power Only to distinguish Images to Danger Sene (-1) (Real Cost: 3) <b>plus</b> +5 PER with Danger Sense, Uncontrolled (+1/2) (7 Active Points); Limited Power Only to detect and ignore Images to Danger Sense (-1) (Real Cost: 3)

Lucius Alexander

My palindromedary sense is tingling

Silence False Alarms: (Total: 14 Active Cost, 6 Real Cost) Discriminatory with Danger Sense, Uncontrolled (+1/2) (7 Active Points); Limited Power Only to distinguish Images to Danger Sene (-1) (Real Cost: 3) <b>plus</b> +5 PER with Danger Sense, Uncontrolled (+1/2) (7 Active Points); Limited Power Only to detect and ignore Images to Danger Sense (-1) (Real Cost: 3)

Lucius Alexander

My palindromedary sense is tingling

It's Images, so it gets penetrated by Per doesn't it? "Can't fool me! (again)" +5 Per: Danger Sense..? Take a lim if you must?

Images does seem like the simpliest way to go without having to diviate that much from your basic special effect. Another way would be to use something like "Change Environment" to trigger a PER roll where-in failure means they get a bad feeling. But if they pass nothing happens.

La Rose.

Danger in Disguise(Total: 16 Active Cost, 13 Real Cost) Shape Shift (Danger Sense Group, four (max) shapes), Persistent (+1/4), Costs END Only To Change Shape (+1/4) (16 Active Points); Only In Alternate Identity (-1/4) (Real Cost: 13)

The character can switch among four settings:

I am Dangerous: Is perceived by those with Danger Sense as being a threat

I am Not Dangerous: Perceived as not a threat

I am in Danger: If the party with Danger Sense can sense danger to others, otherwise this is the same as "not dangerous."

I am Dangerous, but Not To You: If the party with Danger Sense can sense danger to others, otherwise same as "dangerous."

Lucius Alexander

This palindromedary tagline is certified safe