Blinking combat ideas

wick

Psychokinesis is usually a matter of will vs will so its more vs ECV Telekinesis than NND; use Ego instead of STR

?! 

Grab is still the maneuver that is being used.  ECV just affects what is used to TARGET the Grab.  STR is still the Defense against a successfully targeted Grab.

I've seen usually psychokinsis portrayed as being effectively irresistible by the target, many times the user can't really even "miss". Strength doesn't matter, agility doesn't matter, Will doesn't matter. If they can see it, they can effect it and the only defense is possessing psychokinetic powers or some really specific ability, plot device or tactics (taking the PK by total surprise or maybe blinding them). 

Gravity powers are often just as absolute, IME But that's not very balanced (and possible not fun) in a role playing game though but OTOH can grate if  you're really trying for source emulation.

And this isn't t say there aren't varied depictions. The above has just been more common, IME.

Responding to the original post: just because you have a pool doesn't mean you have to buy everything through it. Just because a power can't be bought with limitations doesn't mean they can't have them.

So: a pool built into the costume, taking all the various appropriate limitations, plus CSLs with the limitation OIHID -0

Just saying. These aren't the best solutions, but the post seemed to imply that they weren't options at all.

Responding to the original post: just because you have a pool doesn't mean you have to buy everything through it. Just because a power can't be bought with limitations doesn't mean they can't have them.

So: a pool built into the costume, taking all the various appropriate limitations, plus CSLs with the limitation OIHID -0

Just saying. These aren't the best solutions, but the post seemed to imply that they weren't options at all.

Perhaps with GM permission but I am a.) trying to learn the rules and b.) since there are many ways to skin the cat why not pick a way that is simple or cost effective. Also improving Dex seemed the best way, I was just mistaken about it being a figured characteristic

Perhaps with GM permission but I am a.) trying to learn the rules and b.) since there are many ways to skin the cat why not pick a way that is simple or cost effective. Also improving Dex seemed the best way, I was just mistaken about it being a figured characteristic

Grab is still the maneuver that is being used.  ECV just affects what is used to TARGET the Grab.  STR is still the Defense against a successfully targeted Grab.

Correct, but what's being grabbed?  Psychokinesis could easily be grabbing the target's will rather than physically; a battle of wills to try to break free.