Build Challenge: 2-in-1 Pleasure Boat and RV

Weldun

I gave up at just the preliminary design considerations. Duplication? Carried Vehicle? I'm working on a whole bunch of other vehicles so I might come back to this later, but I figured I'd throw this one out and see what other people come up with. (I know, I know. Combiners in Hero. Rarely the most elegant build, mechanically.)

Here's the link: http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2010/05/2-in-1-pleasure-boat-and-rv-vehicle.html

Hmm. I am thinking (without looking at my books) Flight, only while touching surface of ground or water, independent, OAF, area effect usable by others. Another limitation would be that only 2 SPD counts toward velocity calculations.

I would link that to a small level of life support (protect from elements).

I think that covers it for me

Doc

Also add whatever the current radio transmit/receive power for the marine radio, Active Sonar for the fish/depth finder. 

The concept art is unclear, is the vehicle actually changing configuration or is the boat picture supposed to simulate the cab of the RV being submerged? Either way, it is not really that important. I would just add a five minute, extra time, only to start for both the Running and Swimming powers, to represent the time it takes to get ready. At least from the article.

I personally have reservations about the design. What happens to the axles while the thing is submerged? Is that going to lead to some possible equipment failure after a long time in a saltwater environment? The joints may be sealed, but that leads to question two; if the cab and presumably engine compartment are submerged, how safe is the engine from being damaged by submersion into a liquid? I ask these questions because I am genuinely curious how this thing is supposed to work in the long-term. Those questions might also lead to some sort of disadvantage/complication for the vehicle.

And, did anybody else get a brief vision of the Winnebago from Spaceballs? :)

I gave up at just the preliminary design considerations. Duplication? Carried Vehicle? I'm working on a whole bunch of other vehicles so I might come back to this later, but I figured I'd throw this one out and see what other people come up with. (I know, I know. Combiners in Hero. Rarely the most elegant build, mechanically.)

This isn't really a combiner. It's a truck that carries a boat. Don't overthink it. :)