players who Like getting captured?

Insaniac99

ok, I'm runnning a playbyweb campaign, I have one PCwhose player likes seeing her in helpless situations like being grabbed and entangled and captured (the PC loses most of her powers when grabbed or entangled)

but here's the problem, since it is a PBW campaign it is possible we wouldn't resolve he being freed till over a week has passed. plus since i don't like doing that to characters much anyway, I need Ideas since, the group mainly stays together most of the time and don't know why the enemy would capture the Character anyway...

so could the Herodom help give me some Ideas to use?

My favorite reasons for why villains capture heroes.

1. Vivisection: A Teleios/Malachite mad scientist can use his genetic material to create clone slaves or buff up his agents.

2. Discovering of the secret identity.

3. Turning him over to a hunted, so's the hunted can **** the hero up.

My favorite reason for capture is to turn the hero against his/her allies. This could be brainwashing them to actually fight them or taken to a telepath for interrogation.

As an example from my home campaign; one of the players was a super agent type who's power level wasn't on par with his team mates, thus he was captured semi regularly. The player was into roleplaying and so we thought up the following.

An arch villain captures the hero in a standard melee, secretly got them out and replaced him with an identical being who was loyal to the bad guys. (robot, clone, mentally influenced dupe, younger brother Dnpc, what ever fits well in your campaign.)

The captured player plays this character as they would their own with the understanding that he is infiltrating their organization for the enemy. (a particularly good roleplayer can drop an vague clue by not remembering something that happened to the group prior or by doing things the real hero wouldn't)

As this is happening the real hero is broken and turned against the heroes but in a new costumed identity. This new villain always seems to be a step ahead of the team, know their every move, what psychological buttons to push, identity of dnpcs etc. In short he/she become one of the campaign master villain.

Finally the last major confrontation with him/her comes down and they are defeated, possibly with the coup de gras delivered by the duplicate. The heroes unmask the villain only to see it is their team mate. The dupe takes that moment to shoot them in the back, get them captured what ever.

In my own campaign, the beating snaps the original hero out of his mental conditioning and he had to infiltrate the enemy base to free his comrades.

As an alternative, the freed hero could just be a sleeper agent waiting to betray the team at a bad moment or supply intel to the bad guys.

Sorry about the length there.

Only had one capture during the 2003 season. This was a character with a mystery Hunted who ran into them for the first time. In the process however the villains managed to lose a few agents. Among the equipment on the agents was an emergency telport device that the agent didn't have the chance to use. So the heroes went back to their base and tapped the device to use to send themselves right into the enemy base and rescue their stolen comrade.

They could have used it to go to a second location, but they were wise and opted not to. Had they tried it, they would have discovered debris scattered in the teleprot zone :o