Having Trouble Visualizing Explosions

Rhino

ie 6d6 explosion. The Center hex takes full damage, Remove the largest die to figure the stun in the hex ring after that, Again for the next ring etc.  ie the roll is 6,5,4,3,2,1 aka 21 stun in the center hex

21 | 15 | 10 | 6 | 3 | 1  stun 
from the Center to the outer hex ring.

To riff on Tasha's example, the Explosion will also do Body;

6 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 | 0  body

Assuming a Normal attack.

EDIT: Here is a simplistic battle map visual.

post-206-0-49862900-1462735412_thumb.jpg

Killing attacks are handled in one of two ways, so it would require knowing whether you want the 1 die/3 hexes or the -2 Body/hex method. I am assuming 5th Edition since you are referring to 2m Hexes.

I am having trouble visualizing the area of effect of an explosion on a map with 2m hexes. Is the target point the target hex or something different? How does the explosion degrade from that point? Any graphics?

Which rule book are you using? Everyone answered for 5E. Presumably because you mentioned 2m hexes.I can't remember what rules you may have mentioned using in the past.

We usually visualize it by taking the actual dice rolled, and placing them in the hexes, largest-to-smallest, from the target hex out. This also helps to visualize the area covered by the explosion.

Which is what I was trying to convey with how I formatted my example roll.  :D