HERO 6e printability?

Sam On Maui

Maybe the wrong place for this...

I've got a black and white printer, and noticed some books (with beautiful product values) absolutely DEVOUR my toner. Also, they don't do well as grayscale. How is 6e? Colored backgrounds and the like?

Also, how many pages am I looking at here for both books?

At worst, I might have to print it at work and pay out of pocket (we have a gorgeous Ricoh commercial printer).

6e1: 466

6e2: 322

Both have full color pictures every 8 pages or so, with multiple fade style charts, margin charts, etc. I would recommend a printer or a high speed high capacity printer, not a home version. If you do a search you can find several folks posting links to the places the had them printed with prices.

- E

Groovy.

I actually work at a commercial printshop, so I can get it printed on our equipment here. Its just a matter of do I want to do it here or at home, you know? We're more geared for printing out hundreds or thousands of something, not a single copy of X, and pricing is set accordingly. Thankfully, I do get a discount...

I mean, jeez, I wish we had more orders for perfect bind books - I could print and perfect bind my copies :3

I prefer having them in a 3 whole punched or plastic comb bound so I can break the books up into smaller pieces easily. Parts of them I seldom reference, while others (Powers, advantages, limitations, complications, skills) are frequent.

- E

I haven't done it with 6e. =) My breakdown would probably look like this for 6e1:

1-52       - TC, Creation, Characteristics

53-161   - Skills, Power categories

162-310 - Powers

311-432 - Advantages, Limitations, Complications

433-441 - Skip

442-462 - Appendix and Index

So somewhere around 150 max pages in the powers section?

Groovy.

I actually work at a commercial printshop, so I can get it printed on our equipment here. Its just a matter of do I want to do it here or at home, you know? We're more geared for printing out hundreds or thousands of something, not a single copy of X, and pricing is set accordingly. Thankfully, I do get a discount...

I mean, jeez, I wish we had more orders for perfect bind books - I could print and perfect bind my copies :3

Neither 6e Rulebook is really good for perfect binding due to their size, YMMV. I would also recommend printing on a heavier paperstock than the typical 20-24# paper one usually used. I ended up Comb binding my 6e1 printout, and spiral binding my 6e2. That way both books lay flat when in use. Heck, I use my printed versions way more often than my Hardcover copies.

With all due respect to Tasha, 6e1 and 6e2 can be printed via POD at a reasonable cost (assuming you can live with softcover black&white pages), with perfect binding that is exactly the same quality-wise as all of the other 6e core library books that you can get from places like DriveThru or RPGNow.