Help with possesed hero

JmOz

Making an homage to Ragman, not sure how to represent that his costume compels him.  Would it be a couple of complications with lower frequency (to represent all he has to do is take off the costume?) or would it be a side effect on the costume? neither method seems "right" to me...

I'm not familiar with the character, but I will point out that the Limitation Only in Alternate ID is supposed to require some sort of drawback to going into the Alternate ID.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary asks if the "compulsions" are even things a player would object to?

On phone

Name tengu

Powers:speedster-flight

Illusion casting - images, shapeshift humanoid, invisibility

Magic -shapeshift raven form, var afvantage blast, summon sword

Martial artist csl base

Low power hero

Kind of all over map. Iif unified power on all powers

Hmm cloak of feathers

If you want to keep the ragman allusion have each feather be the soul of a wicked man bound to his service and can boost his stats. You can give him a complication if he uses too much he could be overwhelmed by the evil.

Perhaps a raven mask that gives mystical/night vision.

Shadow construct/arsenal powers perhaps (that would let you have the variable EB, sword etc)

Psych limit trickster

Psych limit punish the wicked

Enraged violence against the defenseless and innocent.

OK reading up on Teague mythology

Overconfidence is definitely a good Psych lim pride being the defining sin of Tengu.

I think a stealth power and a love of playing pranks on enemies would be good think spider man or Deadpool.

Mythology wise magic artifacts included a feathered fan that makes noses grow maybe could be used for shapeshifting think darkman

A straw Cape that grants invisibility

There is also the Tengu and Woods man where the Tengu have psychic powers to read minds so perhaps extreme DCV.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tengu

I've been reading up on them too.

What I have come up with is a slight diverging from but basicaly that the cloak is possesing the spirit of a prideful tangu who some mystic trapped and now it compels the wearer to go after other prideful people in authority (who abuse said authority, basicaly "Criminals above the law" types being the primary prey)

The majority of its powers represent magic that the Tangu knows (including sword summoning, illusion casting, etc...)

The spiderman angle is good

Would it be a couple of complications with lower frequency (to represent all he has to do is take off the costume?)

That seems easiest to me, especially since he's (presumably) going to have the costume on most of the time when he's heroing.

I guess you could go the Elric-Stormbringer route and stat the costume as a sentient object with its own EGO, etc, but that seems like overkill here.