A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

Could one of you pinheads negatively review this post for me? I want to see what happens. I couldn't bear to do it to anyone else just out of curiosity, so I offer myself up as an experiment. All in the interests of science, of course.

EDIT - three of you have already been very helpful. Thanks?

2d EDIT - Five now. Please stop. This is like taping a kick-me sign to my own back.

You can now see what year people have in the birth year. I don't think Old Man is actually 82 years old. ;)

That and I'm not sure how one puts a picture in their profile.

The Faq ansers "How do I clear my cookies?" which sounds a bit wrong.

Hmm, you can see who got upcoming birthdays via the calendar function. Apparently nobody has been born March 25.

Umm, was I the only person whose password was mangled beyond redemption and had to be reset (at a cost of much screaming, profanity and marital discord at 6:00 am this morning -- I'm sorry, Sweetie, but you know that once the profanity begins your voice of reason gets shouted down. :( It's not your fault, and I never meant to imply that it was), or are the powers that be simply out to get me and I have to watch my back now?

Just curious. :)

Guest Worldmaker

There is something soothing in recovering from a bad illness by folding clothes while watching DVDs. Spider-Man, followed by Gladiator, followed by Galaxy Quest...

I'm not so sure I like the degree of change around. This does not only include the new link boards but the new avatars.

I'm not that struck on Hermit's new one for example and Realms changing his name.

Granted a change is as good as a rest. But I don't know. It's just not sitting right with me.

Not that I am seeing a decline in quality of posting or ideas. It's that certain something.

And as for putting the boards through the washing machine, did they have to use the whiter than white powder ? My eye tentacles, my eye tentacles !

I'm not so sure I like the degree of change around. This does not only include the new link boards but the new avatars.

I'm not that struck on Hermit's new one for example and Realms changing his name.

Granted a change is as good as a rest. But I don't know. It's just not sitting right with me.

Not that I am seeing a decline in quality of posting or ideas. It's that certain something.

And as for putting the boards through the washing machine, did they have to use the whiter than white powder ? My eye tentacles, my eye tentacles !

There has been a staggering amount of change in the past couple of weeks. It's been disconcerting to me as well, and while it's not necessarily bad it's going to take a long time to get used to. I'm still having a hard time visually figuring out who everybody is with the new avatars (that's one reason I kept Blue Beetle, even if it's a different picture)

Guest Worldmaker

"Over the years, Senator Kerry has voted over 350 times for higher taxes." -- President George W. Bush, speaking in Orlando at a campaign fundraiser

"Kerry has not voted 350 times for tax increases. Bush campaign's list of Kerry's votes for 'higher taxes' is padded. It includes votes Kerry cast to leave taxes unchanged (when Republicans proposed cuts), and even votes in favor of alternative Democratic tax cuts that Bush aides characterized as 'watered down.'" -- http://www.factcheck.org

Liar, liar, pants on fire...

Guest Worldmaker

While continuing to bleat that the Clinton administration should've done more about bin laden, Colin Powell was asked, "If you knew bin Laden was a threat, what steps did you take between Inauguration day and September 11th?"

Powell replied that they quickly began working on a three year plan to get him.

A three year plan? To stop an attack the FBI and CIA said was is "imminent?" :eek: