A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Guest Skaramine

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

I drew Reptyle for Corven Ren, but found out that I got his tail wrong for C-R. But, I love the idea of a superhero with an alligator tail. So, I started rebuilding the team around him.

The name Manzilla just gave me an origin. Check out my characters thread in the Champions Forum.

I will draw a new look for Manny, though.

Guest Worldmaker

I really hate when I try to do something serious and someone comes along with a smart aleck answer that basically makes a joke out of my serious effort.

I don't know why I bother sometimes.

Guest Skaramine

My girlfriend is "celebrating" the 10th anniversary of "the end of her dream."

I don't have anything to say to help her feel better.

I feel so weak and powerless.

Fun facts

- The King of Hearts is the only king with out a mo

- The tongue is the strongest muscle in the body [inc the brain?]

- I kid you not baby echidnas are called puggles (like the pun)

- Baby otters are called spats

- Bats always turn left when exiting the cave

Why are multi-story housing units called “flats†when they aren’t ‘flat’?

Answer 1) They are pretty ‘flat’ inside with no personality.*

Answer 2) http://www.yourdictionary.com says:

Alteration of Scots flet, inner part of a house, from Middle English, from Old English, floor, dwelling; see plat- in Indo-European roots.]

Guest Skaramine

Some days you just wanna take a golf club to the jaw of a jerk who says Social Security needs a complete overhaul, especially when he's the nimrod who SCREWED IT UP!

Ya remember back about, oh, page 186?

I think it was September 7th.

Mightybec discovers a lunchtime combo that makes even his butt hurt.

Super Squirrel has a miniature for a midget Viper agent. (Or is that redundant?)

Skaramine regales us with one (or two) liners.

Tim comments on his friend who is going back to school after being a C++ programmer for years. He's taking Fortran.

Super Squirrel comments on the size of Mightybec's shrinky-dink.

Doc

Why is it that when I think of Valentine's Day, I think of Hallmark and all the nice cards and gifts you can get for your S.O.? Then, the second thing I think of is a bunch of dead bodies in front of a wall that has just been "painted" with their brains. Are these two things so vastly different, or are they truly juxtaposed?

The other day I had the opportunity to eat some really good Indian food. Then that night I dreamt of life in a post-nuclear world, where I was a crewman or passenger on a strange boat. At a certain time we slapped our oars in the water in a certain rhythm that was supposed to summon a particular shark. A few minutes elapsed, then just about every fish in the ocean surfaced. Before long we spotted the shark, which was really kind of a shark-dog with mange and no teeth. It leapt out of the water into the ship, and hopped around on its leg-fins biting people, to no effect. Later, or earlier, I found myself wandering through a not-quite-deserted cityscape. Entering the lobby of a tall building I found a giant monitor that was hooked up to some kind of gaming console, but try as I might I couldn't find the console. Then the people who controlled the screen saw what I was trying to do and came after me.

So, maybe I'll go light on the curry next time.

Guest Skaramine

Sue me. I like guns for their "cuteness."

Like the Chief's Special 9mm. 6 1/4 inches long. 7+1 shots. Ambidextrous safeties. Magazine disconnect. And just sooo perfectly tiny, looking at it makes me feel like Reducto from Harvey Birdman...

103887_large.jpg

Guest Worldmaker

I'm tired of the effort. I'm tired of holding my tongue when someone else makes a personal attack against me. I'm tired of holding it and holding it and holding it, and finally, when I am so angry at being badmouthed I can't hold it anymore and make the mistake of saying something, having people decry me rather than the people who actually start it for starting a fight and thus disrupting "intelligent discussion".

I'm tired of people ignoring what I am saying in favor of dissecting how I am saying it. I'm tired of being brushed off because someone has an overly simplified view of my political thoughts, or because they have some bullshit idea of why a person would say something and that idea has nothing to do with my actually trying to make a poiint.

I'm tired of having people smile at me in one thread, then stab me in the back in another thread. I'm tired of people refusing to take me seriously. I'm certainly tired of people intentionally making fun of me, especially when I try to share something I honestly thought people would appreciate.

Guest Skaramine

I'm having much too much fun converting Heroes Unlimited characters to a "real" system. :D

Oh, and converting them to Champions too. :whistle:

run away!