In the immortal words of Sam Gamgee...

"V"

...well I'm back.   Now get those snot nosed hobbit brats off my favourite chair, Rosie.

Having been absent from the world of RPG for some time I'm now in the middle of somewhat of a roleplaying revival and seem to be busier than ever with it so naturally I need more excuses to eat up time that I should be better spending elsewhere, hence my reappearance here.   What did I miss?

When did you go dark? ;)

We lost a couple of people permanently.  Balabanto = Michael Satran passed away, as did The Question Man = Eddie Blake.  We stuffed the ballot box and got Darren an award.

Besides that, the usual tale told by an idiot.

Full of memes and in-jokes and signifying nothing.

Must have been a good 2 or 3 years ago - I lose track.   Good to be back.   There are threads still running from when I was here last which gives me a feeling of enormous well being.

15 minutes ago, Watchman Mk. IV said:

You guys play fantasy football?  If there's an opening, I'm down.  Dynasty, keeper, redraft, I don't care.

Someone will start the thread every July-August or so.  There will probably be openings.  However, competition is tough since the same amazing person seems to win every other year.  You certainly can't do worse than the British dude who thinks he's a Tribble, though.  :)

Welcome back, Mr. Fawkes! Good to see you. Too many of the cool people I used to correspond with around here disappear. :(

You might like to know that the "award for Darren" that Cancer mentioned above was for Golden Age Champions. It's finally in print, and it's beautiful! Also, Michael Surbrook helmed a new edition of Aaron Allston's classic Strike Force incorporating a lot of the material from Aaron's campaign we always heard about but never saw. And it's in glorious full color, glossy paper, and hard cover.

6 minutes ago, Starlord said:

Someone will start the thread every July-August or so.  There will probably be openings.  However, competition is tough since the same amazing person seems to win every other year.  You certainly can't do worse than the British dude who thinks he's a Tribble, though.  :)

I'm pretty good myself.  I can handle the competition.

2 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

Welcome back, Mr. Fawkes! Good to see you. Too many of the cool people I used to correspond with around here disappear. :(

You might like to know that the "award for Darren" that Cancer mentioned above was for Golden Age Champions. It's finally in print, and it's beautiful! Also, Michael Surbrook helmed a new edition of Aaron Allston's classic Strike Force incorporating a lot of the material from Aaron's campaign we always heard about but never saw. And it's in glorious full color, glossy paper, and hard cover.

While I've never had any pretensions of being cool, I am very happy to be back my Lord.   And thanks for the news updates - I must say that Strike Force was one of my favourite supplements back in the day and it sounds crazy but I'd always wanted to run games like Aaron described... but it wasn't until seeing in print (which made it official) how he did it that I felt I could.   Massively influential supplement for me.  I must pick up the new version.