101 Marvel Comics Characters and their classification

I take issue with this.  Winter Soldier didn't appear in 1941.  Bucky did, but he didn't become Winter Soldier until over 60 years later.

They've also got Thor showing up in 1950, but I believe that was just a Thor, not the one we'd recognize.  And Jessica Jones is shown as appearing in 1964, which is about 40 years too early.

Lots of retcon in this chart.

42 minutes ago, archer said:

I still Marvel that the company thought it was a good idea to have a hero called the Whizzer.

marvel didn't . The original Whizzer was created for Timely comics with a mongoose blood transfusion.  Roy Thomas stole him to be the Scarlet Witch's and Quicksilver's father, but then someone later decided that Magneto was their father.

CES 

1 hour ago, csyphrett said:

marvel didn't . The original Whizzer was created for Timely comics with a mongoose blood transfusion.  Roy Thomas stole him to be the Scarlet Witch's and Quicksilver's father, but then someone later decided that Magneto was their father.

CES 

Which is exactly what I said: Marvel thought it was a good idea to have a hero called the Whizzer.

They were under no obligation to make the Whizzer part of their continuity. That was a choice which they thought was a good idea.

1 hour ago, massey said:

I take issue with this.  Winter Soldier didn't appear in 1941.  Bucky did, but he didn't become Winter Soldier until over 60 years later.

They've also got Thor showing up in 1950, but I believe that was just a Thor, not the one we'd recognize.  And Jessica Jones is shown as appearing in 1964, which is about 40 years too early.

The first appearance of Jessica Jones was in Amazing Spider-Man #4 (September, 1963)

She was one of the teen bystanders who watched Spider-Man vs Sandman in their first tussle.

We weren't made aware that the bystander was Jessica Jones until Amazing Spider-Man #601 in 2009.

2 minutes ago, massey said:

Jessica Jones was a class mate of Peter Parker in high school, they just resuracted the character ibn the late late 90's.

32 minutes ago, archer said:

Which is exactly what I said: Marvel thought it was a good idea to have a hero called the Whizzer.

They were under no obligation to make the Whizzer part of their continuity. That was a choice which they thought was a good idea.

The name meant something different in the 40's. Thomas was a fanboy of the era, and liked to use old heroes to fill in gaps of marvel history. He probably decided as the writer of the Avengers that since the Whizzer and Quicksilver looked alike and had the same powerset that they were related.

It's the same type reasoning that Brubaker used to bring back Bucky, and Johns retconned Luthor to be Superboy's father

CES    

33 minutes ago, archer said:

The first appearance of Jessica Jones was in Amazing Spider-Man #4 (September, 1963)

She was one of the teen bystanders who watched Spider-Man vs Sandman in their first tussle.

We weren't made aware that the bystander was Jessica Jones until Amazing Spider-Man #601 in 2009.

So it was a retcon.

CES

1 hour ago, csyphrett said:

The name meant something different in the 40's.

I'm aware the name meant something different in the 40's.

But in the 60's when Marvel chose to use the name, the meaning had changed to the general public but Marvel chose to use that name anyway because they thought it was a good idea.

1 hour ago, archer said:

That's a retcon.  You can read it online.

https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Amazing-Spider-Man-1963/Issue-4?id=4007

Nowhere is a character named "Jessica" mentioned.  There are some bystanders, yes.  And one of them is a brunette girl.  But... so what?  The character didn't appear in 1964.