Champions Miniatures/Heroclix Mods

Myrlyn

Hi gang,

A while back, there were several threads that held lots of good conversions/mods of various Heroclix miniatures converted into the different characters of the Champions Universe (Proditor was behind a lot of these threads). Unfortunately, a lot of the pics have gone AWOL, and I was hoping to collect them again on the boards for eventual hosting in an online gallery I'm putting together. If any of you have such miniatures of the official villains or heroes of CU, could you please post them to this thread? And if possible please include a description of how you made the conversion.

My goal is to eventually try to make conversions for each of the villains in the CKC book from 5th edition.

Thanks!

Keith

*** Small Update ***

Created the beginnings of the online gallery. Will add pictures and descriptions as they become available.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions Miniatures/Heroclix Mods

My own contribution to this thread.

Black Harlequin (CKC) - The body is the HeroClix Joker, the head is actually HeroClix Harley Quinn with the nose filed down a tad, cut off the fish the Joker is holding in his hands, drill a hole through one hand, and use a bit of wire for a cane. Viola! Instant Black Harlequin.

bh_front.jpg

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ikpu9n3TDQzv67rLRHjKJw?feat=directlink

Eventually I'd like to rebase and possibly repaint this figure since I found the white face grease paint difficult to capture correctly, but the fig is easily recognizable which is what I really wanted.

Ankylosaur (creator unknown at this time)

Ankylosaur - a Heroclix Colossus with a Warhammer 40K Space Marine backpack and a Heroclix scorpion tail I believe. The head was modified with a little green stuff I believe.

ankylosaur_1.jpg

Here are some of the Heroclix mods I did. Dr. Silverback, Howler, Bluejay, Blowtorch, and Mechassassin.

It has been so long since I made them I really do not remember what Heroclix minis I used for what.

Since I have gone to using VTT (Maptool) I really have not used these in a few years and have been thinking of selling them on ebay or something. I just haven't decided for sure. All they are doing are collecting dust in my collection.

A couple of others to add, Giganto and another Sapphire (same creator as Ankylosaur above):

Sapphire - I think this is another Rogue repaint after a quick head swap. Just not sure which head was used.

Giganto - a quick Thing repaint.

saphire_2.jpggiganto_1.jpg

These ones are from Blue:

Thunderbolt II - looks like a simple conversion of a Marvel Heroclix Havok with some greenstuff to get the helmet.

Crimson Claw - According to Blue this is a Mage Knight "Welp Alchemist" (and some green stuff I think).

thunderbolt2_1.jpgcrimsonclaw_1.jpg

The following figs were created by Bluejacket. I've no idea of the recipes, but I love the Mechanon (any help guys?):

Mechanon, Ogre and Pulsar

mechanon_1.jpg

Mechanon is actually a Mechanon mini from the defunct Official Champions (4e) mini line by Lance and Laser. Other minis in the line, Dr Destroyer, Firelord, and a ton of 'Generic' heroic figures. read about the line here: http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~tpope/sol/soldiers-swords/champions.html

IMHO these were the best of the Champions figs ever produced. The sculpts were a bit flat and supers minis always suffer from being a bit nondescript when not painted. If you are lucky you may still find people who are selling these at conventions.

With Atari owning the rights to the IP I doubt that we will ever see another set of minis in the champions world. Which is really too bad.

With Atari owning the rights to the IP I doubt that we will ever see another set of minis in the champions world. Which is really too bad.

You might see Heroclix sets like City of Heroes ... or maybe another company taking up the minis rules.

Thanks Kitten... I think that's Lupus' handiwork there online. I'm uploading the other pics to the gallery and will repost here shortly. Thanks!

More from Lupus (?)

Witchcraft (Champions) - The body was originally a Marvel Scarlet Witch Heroclix figure (I think?), with a simple repaint.

Nighthawk (Champions) - This figure started out as a Marvel Hobgoblin figure, had a hand replacement from a DC Heroclix Clayface and the nightstick is from a DC Heroclix Robin figure. Additional green stuff and repainting.

Ironclad (Champions) - A simple conversion from a Marvel Hercules Heroclix figure, with a touch of green stuff on the forehead and then repainted.

witchcraft_1.jpgnighthawk_1.JPGironclad_1.jpg

Hey Myrlyn' date=' I don't suppose you've still got a picture of that Grond mini that I did way back when...? :)[/quote']

I wish! I've been trying to find it in the boards, but it looks like it was deleted along with a lot of the others from prior threads. :( Don't suppose you could take a few new pics and send them along, could you? I've working on a few new conversions myself, but it is really slow going right now.

I do however recall the recipe:

by keyes_bill

Grond (CKC) - Heroclix Hulk (x2 for the other arms), Reaper Lizardman Tyrant for the head, toothpicks for the horns, and putty for the gaps.