U-Con Online 2020

grandmastergm

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, grandmastergm said:

The characters have been already made. I'll be happy to send them to you if you'd like?  

Sure , but I prefer to build the characters I play(been playing hero system since 1985)
you might want to add that the characters are pregens and maybe post them somewhere

On 10/13/2020 at 8:46 PM, BoloOfEarth said:

The U-Con site shows the Young Americans on Saturday at 8 pm - was there a change? 

Yeah, I had hoped for Friday but they scheduled me for Saturday.  Oh well.

On 10/12/2020 at 2:04 PM, mattingly said:

When do they expect to open registration?

Looks like the 17th/this Saturday.

On 10/11/2020 at 9:55 PM, Beast said:

Sure , but I prefer to build the characters I play(been playing hero system since 1985)
you might want to add that the characters are pregens and maybe post them somewhere

I think I'll post them on the discord, although they are actually posted in the roll20 site.  Speaking of which, I do need to actually stat out the antagonists at some point.

On 10/23/2020 at 1:53 PM, BoloOfEarth said:

I have my badge and my ticket for Young Americans.  Looks like I got one of the last two slots - as of now all slots are filled.

I also don't see the characters on Roll20.  Could you send me a copy of the characters as well?  Thanks!

Sure, please send me a PM with your email.  Yeah, they're in the game but not listed on the game page.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, grandmastergm said:

It went well. I suppose I could do something like that.

Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant more the tech - did you run it on Roll20? If so, did you do it with the tools/space created by some of the people here?  How did that go (either your own build, or the macros the group created)?  Or did you use another solution, like the tabletop simulator talked about in the Online resources?  Or did UCon have a solution up?  That kind of thing. 

I'm always interested in hearing about experiences with remote gaming particularly with hero system games.  I've been using maptool as a player and ref for quite a number of years, with various combinations of hangout, discord, vent, skype, etc and I was wondering what your impressions were of whatever you had available to you.  

On 11/28/2020 at 2:33 AM, Lectryk said:

Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant more the tech - did you run it on Roll20? If so, did you do it with the tools/space created by some of the people here?  How did that go (either your own build, or the macros the group created)?  Or did you use another solution, like the tabletop simulator talked about in the Online resources?  Or did UCon have a solution up?  That kind of thing. 

I'm always interested in hearing about experiences with remote gaming particularly with hero system games.  I've been using maptool as a player and ref for quite a number of years, with various combinations of hangout, discord, vent, skype, etc and I was wondering what your impressions were of whatever you had available to you.  

I did run it on Roll20.  I think there was a listed HERO character sheet set there, which is what I used.  It went well- we used Discord for audio and roll20 for tabletop.

As one of the players in his game, I can confirm it went well.  I wish I had been more conversant with Roll20 before playing, but it wasn't hard to pick up how to do things with other people's coaching.

I really liked it having the HERO character sheet on Roll20 and being able to just select the skill or attack and it handing the associated rolls.