Alphabet Game 2021

Pariah

I admit I was ready to put Ike & Tina Turner's (and later Tina Turner by herself) cover of Proud Mary, originally a hit for Creedence Clearwater Revival, in the "P" slot here.

For Q, The Moody Blues song Question on their 1970 "A Question of Balance" album, has been covered by several artists; Fish covered it in his 1993 "Songs From the Mirror" album, which is nothing but covers.

Two here.

Creedence Clearwater Revival's first hit in 1968 (link to full cut on the album) was a cover of Suzie Q, which was originally written and performed by Dale Hawkins in 1957 (link).

For T, I draw in an instrumental.  Telstar was originally performed by the Tornados in 1962 (link), and covered multiple times subsequently.  The one I know best is by Ronnie Montrose on his 1988 solo album The Speed of Sound (link).  I remember (barely) the original from first run, and I bought the Ronnie Montrose disk when it first came out.