Alphabet Game 2021

Pariah

Picky, picky, picky.......................

<whaps self>

OK.  The Tin Man.  Jack Haley.

Kind of amusing to see how much times have changed.  From Time:

Buddy Ebsen was originally cast in the role of the Tin Woodman, a.k.a. the Tin Man, but he was essentially poisoned by the makeup, which was made of pure aluminum dust. Nine days after filming started he was hospitalized, sitting under an oxygen tent. When he was not getting better fast enough, the filmmakers hired Jack Haley to be the Tin Man instead. This time, instead of applying the aluminum powder, the makeup artists mixed it into a paste and painted it on him. He did develop an infection in his right eye that needed medical attention, but it ended up being treatable.

Margaret Hamilton — who played the Wicked Witch of the West and was the one tipped who Harmetz off to the turmoil on set more than three decades later for her 1977 book — got burns, and the makeup artists had to rush to remove her copper makeup so that it wouldn’t seep through her wounds and become toxic. Unlike Ebsen, she didn’t get fired because they could live without her on the set for several more weeks.

I knew the Ebsen part, but not the rest.  But stuff this nasty wouldn't fly for several decades now. 

U is a difficult letter in this context, so I'll slip in Ursula Andress in this spot.

DT, I am bitterly disappointed that for M you did not cite the Marx brothers.

Edited by Cancer