Behind Blue Eyes: The Supervillain?

steriaca

On 3/29/2022 at 11:01 PM, Tjack said:

You’re yanking my chain.

Up until the early 80s,  the newest thing I listened to was recorded in the 50s, or waa early to mid 60s country.  Lots of classical and instrumental stuff.

I grew up without electricity.  That meant no tv; no radio.  Music was something that happened in the truck, and came from 8-track tapes.

Eventually, I grew up, moved out, and turned on a radio.  That was when I began a years-long habit of collecting music on open reel, but I collected what I l iked, which was mostly what I grew up with- I had really only begun to collect it because it was getting hard to find (even classical, for a while),  oh, and Showtunes.  Love 'em.

Some point in the early eighties I was in TG&Y and there was a guy fiddling with the car radio display and it was pumping out some absolutely intoxicating drug I had never before experienced.  And that is how I discovered metal.

And then at some point twenty years ago, I just got sick of listening to music- probably about the time those God-awful neighbor-hater mega systems,for cars got cheap enough that every jackass with gas money could install one, and 'music' became impossible to avoid.  Didnt take much of that to make silence the most glorious and coveted thing for a hypnotically- relaxing experience.

There you go,

No chain yanking. 

(And Bob Dylan and the Beetles are quite possibly two most unpleasant things a person could force upon himself.  Just sayin'.  Just super sayin')

5 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

Up until the early 80s,  the newesr thing I kistened to was recorded in the 50s, or waa early to mid 60s country.  Lota of classical and instrumental stuff.

I grew up without electricity.  That meant no tv; no radio.  Music was something that happened in the truck, and came from 8-track tapes.

Eventually, I grew up, moved out, and turned on a radio.  That was when I began a years-long habit of collecting music on open reel, but I xollected what I l iked, which was mostly what I grew up with- I had really onky badly in to colledt it because it was getting hard to find (even classical, for a while),  oh, and Showtunes.  Love 'am.

Some point in the early eighties I was in TG&Y and there was a guy fiddling with the car radio display and it was pumping out some absokutely intixicating drug I had never before experienced.  And that is how I discovered metal.

And then at some point twenty years ago, I just got sick of listening to music- probably about the time those God-awful neighbor-hater mega systems,for cars got xjlheap enough that every jackass with gas money could install one, and 'music' became impossible to avoid.  Didnt take much od that to make silence the most glorious and coveyed thing fir a hypnotically- mrelaxing experience.

There you go,

No chain yanking. 

(And Bob Dylan and the Beetles are quitr possibky two most unpkeasant things a person could force upon himself.  Just sayin'.  Just super sayin')

I believe that you are a good man and if we met in the real world we would be friends.  But music of all kinds is such a major importance in my life I don’t think we’ll ever agree on this subject.

While Bob Dylan’s voice is awful he remains one of my favorite poets, and the Beatles music is a constant companion and solace to me in good times and bad.

11 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

Eventually, I grew up, moved out, and turned on a radio.  That was when I began a years-long habit of collecting music on open reel, but I xollected what I l iked, which was mostly what I grew up with- I had really onky badly in to colledt it because it was getting hard to find (even classical, for a while),  oh, and Showtunes.  Love 'am.

You like Bohemian Rhapsody? And Star Wars?

I am going to take this as a very specifically-tailored personal attack.

:lol:

to answer youe question, though:

no.  I like neither of those things.

I like Queen, and the majority of their stuff, but when I am not putting Queen on the Jukebox, it is specifically Bohemian Rhapsody that I am not playing.

and I have never made a secret of my feelings for Star Wars:

an excellent children's movie, followed by a decent tween's movie, followed by a slow decent into pretentious yet increasingly bad writing, capped off by Rogue  One, where we learned that the secret to an excellent Star Wars movie is to keep George Lucas at least one continent away from it.

:lol:

On 3/29/2022 at 4:25 PM, steriaca said:

Has anyone ever based a supervillain based on the Who song Behind Blue Eyes?

I might in a way be trying to do that but need ideas.  I am making a supervillian character that is a femme fatale who is an avatar of the Greek Goddess Eos, the goddess of the dawn,  She is extremely beautiful and had an affair with Ares the God of War which POed Aphrodite the goddess of Love, so Eos was cursed to have an insatiable lust for  men but unable to ever form any real relationship.  The idea is she is a beautiful femme fatale that manipulates and uses men and leaves then destroyed.  Not sure how to define that as a super power useful in combat so but it'll come to me I guess.

2 minutes ago, indy523 said:

I might in a way be trying to do that but need ideas.  I am making a supervillian character that is a femme fatale who is an avatar of the Greek Goddess Eos, the goddess of the dawn,  She is extremely beautiful and had an affair with Ares the God of War which POed Aphrodite the goddess of Love, so Eos was cursed to have an insatiable lust for  men but unable to ever form any real relationship.  The idea is she is a beautiful femme fatale that manipulates and uses men and leaves then destroyed.  Not sure how to define that as a super power useful in combat so but it'll come to me I guess.

I would say prehaps a psionic Transformation (Transform vs DMXV vs Mental Defense  vs EGO: Person To Willing Slave), only vs men.

I’m listening to the song again and I don’t see it as a list of potential powers, but as a look into the heart of someone driven to do things that he knows may be wrong but doing them is the only way he knows to keep what’s left of his sanity.

This is the song of an anti-hero or vigilante type character like The Punisher, The Crow or even a Dr.Destroyer  This is a man (Or woman) who knows that he’s constantly walking a tightrope. Constantly keeping hold of his emotions lest they overwhelm him and destroy him.

It’s only by feeling nothing and doing what he feels he must to put some kind of balance or justice back into the world even though the acts themselves may be abhorrent.

This is someone that the Heroes must stop but may feel pity for at the same time.  This can make him a more difficult adversary than any set of powers could.

2 hours ago, Tjack said:

I’m listening to the song again and I don’t see it as a list of potential powers, but as a look into the heart of someone driven to do things that he knows may be wrong but doing them is the only way he knows to keep what’s left of his sanity.

This is the song of an anti-hero or vigilante type character like The Punisher, The Crow or even a Dr.Destroyer  This is a man (Or woman) who knows that he’s constantly walking a tightrope. Constantly keeping hold of his emotions lest they overwhelm him and destroy him.

It’s only by feeling nothing and doing what he feels he must to put some kind of balance or justice back into the world even though the acts themselves may be abhorrent.

This is someone that the Heroes must stop but may feel pity for at the same time.  This can make him a more difficult adversary than any set of powers could.

Yes. Of course I know that the song is more motivation than Instant Villain (which reminds me, anyone enjoying the low price Instant Villain ebooks?). Just wondering if anyone used the song as inspiration yet.