Introducing The Primal Forces

Mr. R

I have an idea for a villain team.  At the top is Singularity, who has bequeathed power to four people who act as his minions and agents in the world.

We have:

(name): Electromagnetics.  Electric blasts, Flight, FF.

Mass Driver: Gravity.  Similar to above, but also some TK

Brute: Strongman.  Brick, flight.

(name): Radioactive decay.  So a lot of drains.  And flight.

Singularity: good Str, PD ED, flight and a large VPP which allows him to use any power his minions have.

I need some names and a few ideas for some powers. Also ideas for plots and such!

(Yes this is cribbed from a VERY old White Wolf Magazine article)

This is a coincidence; I'd just been thinking about powers based on the four interactions yesterday. You've already got some good ideas in place, but hopefully some of these will be of use:

A Barrier based on the Coulomb barrier could personalise the electromagnetic villain, as well as Images based on the visible portion of the electromagnetic spectrum.

Gravity warps spacetime, so what about a Change Environment to aid or impede movement in the area around your gravity villain?

Density Increase would make sense for the strong force, and fits in with the brick theme. You could also reverse the effect by having them reduce the strong interaction on a target as a Drain STR.

I don't have much to add for our radioactive villain, but Sticky could be a fun advantage that fits the theme and lets fights get out of control quickly if the heroes don't think fast.

As for names, I'm afraid I'm not very creative in that department, but a possible plot seed could take after the discovery that electromagnetism and the weak interaction unite at high temperatures, giving a story where the two villains are fused in some sort of experimental accident that gives the heroes a baddy with the powers of both combined, who might have their eyes set on taking Singularity's place.

On 6/10/2023 at 1:57 AM, Mr. R said:

I have an idea for a villain team.  At the top is Singularity, who has bequeathed power to four people who act as his minions and agents in the world.

We have:

(name): Electromagnetics.  Electric blasts, Flight, FF.

Mass Driver: Gravity.  Similar to above, but also some TK

Brute: Strongman.  Brick, flight.

(name): Radioactive decay.  So a lot of drains.  And flight.

Singularity: good Str, PD ED, flight and a large VPP which allows him to use any power his minions have.

I need some names and a few ideas for some powers. Also ideas for plots and such!

(Yes this is cribbed from a VERY old White Wolf Magazine article)

Which White dwarf issue?

Okay, the strong force. Most powerful of the four fundamental forces, but very short range. Acts by the exchange of particles called "gluons" (because the strong force sticks atomic nuclei together, and gluons do the sticking), but "Gluon" is probably not a very good name for a character. "Binder," alas, is taken. But the particles thus glued are quarks, either in pairs (mesons, the best known of which is the pi meson or pion) or trios to make protons, neutrons, or heavier particles that for a while were called "hyperons." Now the preferred term for all such particles is "baryon," but Hyperon would still make an excellent name. "Quark" was a good name once, but now has other associations as well.

Flying brick, sure, can't go wrong. But maybe with simultaneous Density Increase and Shrinking?

Dean Shomshak

• 2 weeks later...

The West Coast Avengers ran into a villain group with this concept back in the 80s. This was their lineup:

Graviton: Magneto-level powers, but gravitational instead of electromagnetic.

Zzzax: A being of pure electromagnetic energy. Plasmoid from early editions of Champions was Zzzax with the serial number filed off.

Quantum: Flight, armor, energy damage shield, duplication (rationalized as hyper-teleportation due to quantum tunneling/entanglement).

Halflife: Her touch can take away half your remaining lifespan. Rapid aging and drain of physical characteristics.

Maybe some of these ideas will help.

21 hours ago, Pariah said:

The West Coast Avengers ran into a villain group with this concept back in the 80s. This was their lineup:

Graviton: Magneto-level powers, but gravitational instead of electromagnetic.

Zzzax: A being of pure electromagnetic energy. Plasmoid from early editions of Champions was Zzzax with the serial number filed off.

Quantum: Flight, armor, energy damage shield, duplication (rationalized as hyper-teleportation due to quantum tunneling/entanglement).

Halflife: Her touch can take away half your remaining lifespan. Rapid aging and drain of physical characteristics.

Maybe some of these ideas will help.

Actually that was part of my inspiration!