Victorian Hero released

specks

6 hours ago, Khymeria said:

That is a totally sweet look, and to be honest, I hand in plain documents with a few notes on my thinking of layout. I'm not sure if it is done as an export, but I can ask and see how it was done. Glad you liked the book, it was a lot of fun researching and writing. I will get back to you.

You did a great job. Thanks for looking into that.

29 minutes ago, dmjalund said:

I wonder if one could do a supplement to play in historic Japan?

Is something I definitely would love to see. If my knowledge of historic Japan (or history in general) wasn't so bad I would even think about creating such a thing.

1 hour ago, dmjalund said:

This was brought up to me awhile back, and why I didn’t include more of the world at the time. The answer is page count, but I remember Japan coming up specifically in the asks. Western Hero: Rough and Ready Roleplaying handles that area of the United States well enough. I personally eyed a more Lost World style supplement as just more adventure area. I plan on playtesting an adventure a bit at some upcoming cons based on Alice in Wonderland for plot, but set in Victorian London. 

10 hours ago, Khymeria said:

This was brought up to me awhile back, and why I didn’t include more of the world at the time. The answer is page count, but I remember Japan coming up specifically in the asks. Western Hero: Rough and Ready Roleplaying handles that area of the United States well enough. I personally eyed a more Lost World style supplement as just more adventure area. I plan on playtesting an adventure a bit at some upcoming cons based on Alice in Wonderland for plot, but set in Victorian London. 

Wonderland or Under Land? Not much of a difference Through The Looking Glass.

Which do you prefer more, the unbirthday celebrating Mad Hatter, or the prisoner of the crime he would never commit Hattra?

7 minutes ago, Stanley Teriaca said:

Wonderland or Under Land? Not much of a difference Through The Looking Glass.

Which do you prefer more, the unbirthday celebrating Mad Hatter, or the prisoner of the crime he would never commit Hattra?

That is a good question, I never thought to form a preference. I think I’m going to land on Hattra, although I think it’s probably that hits a bit darker and that is the tone I have sought during the project. 

1 hour ago, Khymeria said:

That is a good question, I never thought to form a preference. I think I’m going to land on Hattra, although I think it’s probably that hits a bit darker and that is the tone I have sought during the project. 

My head cannon is that they are twins in the same profession.

The old game Bushido did that, fantasy medieval Japan by Tyr games.  One of the longest running games in the old Game Alliance of Salem back in the 80s was a Hero Games version of it.  I have not the expertise or historical knowledge to attempt such a supplement but it would be one that people might enjoy.

9 minutes ago, Gauntlet said:

I am in the process of creating a funny campaign type book it is called STUPID...

Super

Twirps

Undertaking

Personally 

Injurious

Duties

It would be similar to The Tick. Characters do not have a BODY characteristic as you can only knock them out. "NO KILL YOU!"

In other words Toon Champions.

4 hours ago, Gauntlet said:

I am in the process of creating a funny campaign type book it is called STUPID...

Super

Twirps

Undertaking

Personally 

Injurious

Duties

It would be similar to The Tick. Characters do not have a BODY characteristic as you can only knock them out. "NO KILL YOU!"

If you don’t include a Resurrection power with a Gesture of putting thumb in mouth and blowing themselves back up i will be sad. 

10 minutes ago, C.R.Ryan said:

Noticed something Van Helsing and Tarzan share stats. I'm supposing that's a mistake. 

Guess it would depend on which version of Van Heising is being used.

37 minutes ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

Yeah Tarzan could use Van Helsing for a shot put, even the awful recent movie he's not remotely as physically gifted as Tarzan.

I was referring to the one where Van Helsing was a Werewolf, forgot the name of the movie though as it was rather Blah.

On 4/4/2024 at 10:33 AM, Stanley Teriaca said:

Anyone have any ideas for another adventure?

On the cowboy side, some clame jumpers, a mine, and something unexpected in the mine.

Between cowboys and Victorian inventors a Wild, Wild West adventure with a ridiculous baddie and implausible technology is ripe for an adventure. Perhaps a plot to electrify the entirety of the American rail system unless the villain can be stopped. 

More than a few younger sons of nobility went west to find their fortune, that's a possibility for some groundwork on an adventure.  Also it was a convenient way for really bad criminals to escape justice in Europe for them to flee to the west in the USA and disappear in the vast wilderness.  The British were, at first at least, super careful about the Maxim Gun and might have gone to great lengths to stop a copy or plans for one from getting into foreign hands (as in, US or even Confederacy).

Going in the opposite direction, Wild West shows would tour Europe, particularly Buffalo Bill's.  One of those could end up harboring a villain the PCs are chasing and end up in London.

Edited by Christopher R Taylor