Colorado's superheroes

Mark Rand

Hi all,

The Iowa superhero thread got me thinking. Why not a superhero team in Colorado? As I see it, either Denver or Colorado Springs would be the two best cities for a team.

Denver is the Western capitol of the United States. It already has military bases and a PRIMUS bases.

Colorado Springs also has military bases, the United States Air Force Academy, several military complexes inside mountains and the main Olympic training complex.

If, like me, you're into crossovers, I have three for you, post season seven "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", "Stargate SG-1", and "Unicorn Mountain", a fantastic novel that I misplaced.

Buffy has been talked about on the Sunnydale and Las Vegas threads. Read them. There's too much there to write about here.

"Stargate SG-1" is a wonderful series on the Sci-fi channel. In our version, Senator Kinsey and his friends at the NID (National Intelligence Department) in an attempt to gain control of the Stargate Project and help Kinsey in his bid to become President of the United States, blow the whistle on it. All they end up with is a lifetime stay at the federal pen in Levenworth, Kansas. It might be a short stay if they get the death penelty for treason and violation of the Patriot Act.

If you haven't read "Unicorm Mountain", read it. You'll understand why I'd like to include it.

Comment is invited.

Mark Rand

What city should the team be based in?

How tied to PRIMUS are they?

What kind of structure is their base?

Is its location public knowledge?

What do you think of the crossovers?

Assuming you like them, are there any you'de like to add?

There are probably more questions to answer, but I haven't thought of them, yet.

Big as a mountain, larger than life, it's MILE HIGH! (Brick w/Growth)

SUMMIT, purveyor of snow and ice.

The Speedster known as SLALOM.

Always pulling victory from the jaws of defeat, it's ELWAY!

Well, okay, maybe you already had an Elway.

In my campaign, Colorado is where the government has their secret mountian. In it, they keep frozen all the heroes that have caused trouble for the state in the past. Most of them are in hot sleep, but a few of them are in other forms of suspension.

Some of them include (just for fun)

~The soul of General Stonewall Jackson, kept confined to prevent the south from rising again

~Several Morbanes from the 1920's who just happened to be in congress.

~A WWII marine private, confined since Okinawa. With Superman-level power, he was confined when he tried to end the war single handed...stealing McArthur's Thunder

~The guy who shot Kennedy

~The Undead Lich body of Pancho Viva

~Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

~A number of Mafia gangsters

~Deep Throat

~The Cosmicly powered child of Lindburgh

Have them all escape, and form their own team...

Don't forget about the ADX Federal maximum security prison in Florence. I figure all the supervillains who don't rate incarceration in Stronghold--i.e. PA-types or foci-wielders--would be incarcerated there; as such, it would have a contingent of PRIMUS agents on site, and possibly a Silver Avenger would check in now and again.