Lightsabre Combat!

NuSoardGraphite

NSG - Do you mind if I steal this for my.....ummmm ... Celestine Knights? I promise they are 100% original and not a cheap capitolization of any sci-fi films. They are my Fantasy Fighting Warrior Monks! :)

Really, I would like to convert descriptive text to fantasy world and steal the whole thingy with permission.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by NuSoardGraphite

It also bothers me greatly that a person with a Two Handed sword, great strength and some skill levels could potentially do more damage than a Lightsabre (6DC TH-sword maxes at 12DC or 4D6K). Unless you allow STR and/or Skill Levels to add to the damage a Lightsabre does, it will not be the supreme weapon in the Star Wars Universe, which it should be. The options of adding DC to Lightsabre damage are listed for those who wish to use them in said manner.

It's a little late to put my 0.02 in, but what the hey, that's what the boards are for.

It doesn't bother me as much that Greatsword wielders can do more DCs. I think the best reflection of Lightsabres is the Energy Blade from Star Hero, which is NND, Does BODY. That's pretty sick! If you did something to a Greatsword to make it NND, Does BODY (say, something similar to a Brilliant Energy weapon a la D&D), I'd say it also has to take STR Doesn't Add Damage on top of it, since it's not the power of the blow doing the cutting; it'd then do 2d6 Killing, a full d6 less than the Energy Blade. We can imagine the superior construction of the lightsabre is responsible for the added damage...

Originally posted by AlHazred

It doesn't bother me as much that Greatsword wielders can do more DCs. I think the best reflection of Lightsabres is the Energy Blade from Star Hero, which is NND, Does BODY. That's pretty sick! If you did something to a Greatsword to make it NND, Does BODY (say, something similar to a Brilliant Energy weapon a la D&D), I'd say it also has to take STR Doesn't Add Damage on top of it, since it's not the power of the blow doing the cutting; it'd then do 2d6 Killing, a full d6 less than the Energy Blade. We can imagine the superior construction of the lightsabre is responsible for the added damage...

Agreed.

if one doesn't want the Lightsabre to gain +DC adds from Strength and/or Skill levels, a higher damage such as 9-12 DC's is a good way to compensate for this....

I've been playing (running) starwars now for several weeks W/Jedi. The Lightsabers are ALVD (vs. Combat luck) and they have 0 effect on energy shielding.

It works awesome!!! Storm troopers have between 4-7 Res. ED in my game and they get torqued by 1.5D6 Lightsabers (Martial Arts DC's and Levels are the only way of raising the damage). Plus with Hit Location, there are limbs everywhere.

I also give Lightsabers a -1 stun mod, They are for killing and dismembering not for subdual. I have 6 MArtial Arts forms and a whole new way of working force powers based on the 'spells as Talents' from Fantasy Hero. I should post this stuff I suppose.

This game is working far better than I could have imagined!!! Wow hero actually works!!!!!!!!!! ;) (sarcasm)

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Lightsabre Combat!

Hello Folks , I look forward to seeing the varied Jedi Light Sabres / Laser Swords techniques in The Ultimate Martial Artists format .

Then Jedi Charcters at various stages ; Apprentice , Journey Man , and Master . With some Package Deals for them . Add in differing Philosophies of the Force ( DARK AND LIGHT ) . Various Force Sensitives and their kinds .

Cheers

QM

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Lightsabre Combat!

Basicly Lightsaber combat is fencing with a few twrils and kicks thrown in for flavor. The only other aditions I would think would be force powers if you are doing a star wars type game where you have teleknetic jumps, pushes, and thrown objects. The jumps can be a superleap with the flying doge manuver.

So Id say take the fencing package, add a martial block (call it the spin block) and add flying dodge and your set. :jupiter: