Lightsabre Combat!

NuSoardGraphite

Re: Lightsabre Combat!

Sorry I haven't done that yet. Been busy busy.

In regards to using the Fencing package for Lightsabres:

If you want to get technical, the stunt coordinator mainly used Japanese sword styles when developing the Jedi fighting arts throughout the films, thus you would be more "accurate" by using Kenjutsu maneuvers from the UMA. Of course, Count Dooku used Fencing maneuvers in Episode 2, but thats because Christopher Lee is a classically trained fencer and they used his skills for effect in the film.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I haven't done that yet. Been busy busy.

In regards to using the Fencing package for Lightsabres:

If you want to get technical, the stunt coordinator mainly used Japanese sword styles when developing the Jedi fighting arts throughout the films, thus you would be more "accurate" by using Kenjutsu maneuvers from the UMA. Of course, Count Dooku used Fencing maneuvers in Episode 2, but thats because Christopher Lee is a classically trained fencer and they used his skills for effect in the film.

There are as many ways to fight with lightsabers, in theory, as there are lightsaber users. Since the weapon is an extension of the Jedi who wields it (in fact, he usualy built it himself), his own preferences will go into how he fights with it. Thus someone like Count Dooku would use it for thrust-and-parry like a fencer, while someone like Luke Skywalker will favor sweeping, acrobatic maneuvers.

It is part of the lore of the making of the Star Wars films that David Prowse (who did the body work for Darth Vader) was supposedly extremely embarrassed on the set of The Empire Strikes Back because Mark Hamill had spent so much time studying kenjutsu while preparing for the film that David couldn't portray Vader as the superior swordsman. In spite of this, their confrontation in that film is still the most exciting lightsaber duel in the trilogy, and nothing in the new films has come close to matching it.

Actually Nick Gilliard, the Lightsaber and Stunt coordinator uses a variety of styles as his inspiration for the Lightsaber styles. From Fencing to Kenjitsu to KungFu/Wushu. So no one MA package covers the style, in color correctly.

As far as nothing competing W/the ESB duel, Yoda vs. Dooku, OB1 vs. Maul: both much more exciting fights and much better choriagraphy. Say what you will about the films (I don't care to get into that debate) but the finghting in the new movies is heads and shoulders above the best fighting in the Old movies.

An aside, Christopher Lee has been in more sword fights on screen than any other actor. He Fought a Digitalized Yoda, and in his first screen appearance was injured by Earrol Flinns sword....How cool is that.

I dont claim to be an expert on fighting styles, I'm just saying there are easy ways in the hero system to bring your favorite action scenes to life with current styles in the books with a little modification. I am a big fan of star wars. Especialy the original movies. The reason I mentioned the flying dodge with superleap, is the several times luke did that to get away from darths saber (best example is Return of the Jedi leap to the catwalk in the imperial throne room). There have been several uses of a kick to push your oponent away and down on the ground. (Darth did that to Luke in Empire, Luke to Darth in Return of the Jedi etc). Also in each of the original trilogy you see the jedi spin at least once in a fight to expose his back to darth vader only to block his next strike. In any case I think my point is to recrate the fighting styles you see in the movies that you realy enjoy, just look at the manuvers you've seen and apply them to the ones in the book that best fit, or construct your own.

• 1 month later...

Nu Soard shouldn't you be in your Mortarheadd and not being a Jedi Master? :winkgrin::whistle:

Its the mark of a good Headdliner to study as many forms of combat as possible...

Besides, Lightsabres and Spadd's are pretty much the same thing, and I'm the best in the AKD with a Spadd (cept for Rognar of course) so I think I'm qualified to write this article. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Its the mark of a good Headdliner to study as many forms of combat as possible...

Besides, Lightsabres and Spadd's are pretty much the same thing, and I'm the best in the AKD with a Spadd (cept for Rognar of course) so I think I'm qualified to write this article. :)

At the risk of sounding preferential to an old GM, I prefered the Spadds to any lightsabres; I was able to pull some Andromeda-esque lance blasts with my spadd and take out an assassin that I really doubt I could have dealt with head-to-head - being a Headdliner/Alchemy Biya is damned expensive. Besides, in the source material, they look more elegant; slender wands more suited to fencing and delicate work than a clunky rod of a lightsabre.

• 2 years later...

If I can bring this thread back from the dead for a moment?

First, this is absolutely wonderful, NuSoard. Add my voice to the approving throngs. It adds a glorious new level of customization and excitement to a Star Wars game. Second, have you considered adding at least a word about Sequence Attacks to the Form VII text? I love Sequence Attacks, personally, and I have to say the Form VII "confusing an opponent with erratic blows" stuff sounds precisely like a Sequence Attack. Perhaps a VII user should buy some Skill Levels if any are legal for Sequence Attacks (3 pointers?) or at least be encouraged to use them.

If I can bring this thread back from the dead for a moment?

First, this is absolutely wonderful, NuSoard. Add my voice to the approving throngs. It adds a glorious new level of customization and excitement to a Star Wars game. Second, have you considered adding at least a word about Sequence Attacks to the Form VII text? I love Sequence Attacks, personally, and I have to say the Form VII "confusing an opponent with erratic blows" stuff sounds precisely like a Sequence Attack. Perhaps a VII user should buy some Skill Levels if any are legal for Sequence Attacks (3 pointers?) or at least be encouraged to use them.

Thats actually a pretty good idea. For those who like to use Sequence attacks, Form VII would be the Lightsabre form that would specialize in those. I agree wholeheartedly.

Hmmm, I apparently never caught my breath and editted my work. I did but I printed the work I did up then promptly lost the floppy the work was on. So let me try to find the print up and try to transcribe it back into word and post it.

• 4 months later...

I took what you had and expanded it / altered it in a couple of cases, giving each form seven maneuvers. These incorporate a couple of house-rule changes to the cost of Maneuver Elements, so they're not completely "legit," but I likes 'em. Any thoughts?

Form I

Maneuvers: Phase Cost OCV DCV Effect

Slash ½ 3 +1 +2 +0 DC Strike

Slice ½ 3 +0 +1 +2 DC Strike

Cut ½ 5 -1 +0 +4 DC Strike

Disarm ½ 4 +0 +0 Disarm, +10 STR

Block ½ 3 +1 +2 Block, Abort

Evade ½ 4 - +5 Dodge, Abort

Force-Guided Strike 1+ 5 +2 +0 +4 DC Strike

FORM II

Thrust ½ 3 +1 +0 +2 DC Strike

Takeaway ½ 5 +0 +0 Grab Weapon, +10 STR

Lock ½ 4 +1 +0 Bind, +10 STR

Disarm ½ 5 +0 -1 Disarm, +15 STR

Trip ½ 3 +2 +0 STR Strike, Target Falls

Parry ½ 4 +2 +2 Block, Abort

Void ½ 4 - +5 Dodge, Abort

FORM III

Probe ½ 5 +1 +3 +0 DC Strike

Deflect ½ 5 +1 +3 Block, Abort

Counter ½ 4 +2 +2 +2 DC Strike, Must Follow Block

Disarm ½ 4 -2 +2 Disarm, +10 STR

Stand Firm ½ 3 +0 +1 Block, Abort, +10 STR to resist Shove

Measured Blow 1+ 5 +0 +2 +4 DC Strike

Dodge ½ 4 - +5 Dodge, Abort

FORM IV

Dancing Strike ½ 4 +0 +2 +2 DC Strike

Running Slash ½ 4 +0 +0 +v/5 Strike, FMove

Spinning Dodge ½ 5 - +4 Dodge, Abort, FMove

Blitz ½ 4 -1 +1 +4 DC Strike, Half Move Required

Passing Disarm ½ 5 -1 -1 Disarm, +10 STR, FMove

Drop Strike ½ 4 +2 +0 +4 DC Strike, You Fall, Response*

Bounding Strike ½ 5 +0 +2 +0 DC Strike, FMove

*The Drop Strike, representing the user dropping back to prop himself up with one hand and thrust upward at a lunging enemy with the other, must be used in response to an enemy using an aggressive, forward-striking maneuver as interpreted by the GM. Haymakers, Move Throughs, some Move Bys, and Martial Maneuvers adding 4 DCs at base or possessing the FMove or Half Move Required Elements are all likely to qualify.

FORM V

Mighty Cut ½ 5 +1 -2 +4 DC Strike

Brute Disarm ½ 4 +2 -2 Disarm, +10 STR

Rush ½ 3 +1 +0 +v/3 Strike, Half Move Required

Shove ½ 4 +2 +0 Shove, +10 STR

Resist ½ 4 +2 +0 Block, Abort, +10 STR to Resist Shove

Kick ½ 3 +0 +0 STR +2d6 Strike, Target Falls

Advance ½ 5 +0 +0 Shove, +20 STR, Half Move Required

FORM VI

Maneuver Phase Cost OCV DCV Effect

Strike ½ 4 +1 +1 +2 DC Strike

Attack ½ 4 +2 +2 +0 DC Strike

Bend ½ 3 +1 +1 Block, (Abort?), Target Falls

Deprive ½ 5 +0 +1 Disarm, +10 STR

Escape varies 4 +0 +0 +15 STR to escape Grab

Bind ½ 3 +0 +0 Bind, +10 STR

FORM VII

Flying Slash ½ 5 +1 -2 +2 DC +v/5 Strike, FMove

Fast Disarm ½ 5 +1 +0 Disarm, +10 STR

Rapid Strike ½ 4 +2 +0 +2 DC Strike

Assault ½ 4 +1 -2 +4 DC Strike, Half Move Required

Trick Strike ½ 5 +0 +0 +4 DC Strike, Must Follow (Predefined)

Block ½ 3 +2 +1 Block, Abort

Avoid ½ 4 - +5 Dodge, Abort

I prefer the idea of these as seven different advanced arts following Yoda's basic training, which is simply the ability to use a saber without killing yourself and maybe a CSL or two, so the styles all contain their own "basic attack" and "defense" maneuvers. There's nothing stopping a GM asking all Jedi to kindly purchase Form I in addition to whatever form strikes their fancy, though, and I did my best to make all "basic attack" moves across the styles at least a little different.

(uh, any suggestions on how to edit this quickly and easily so it don't look like such a text mash?)

• 11 months later...

I took what you had and expanded it / altered it in a couple of cases, giving each form seven maneuvers. These incorporate a couple of house-rule changes to the cost of Maneuver Elements, so they're not completely "legit," but I likes 'em. Any thoughts?

Form I

Slash ½ 3 +1 +2 +0 DC Strike

Slice ½ 3 +0 +1 +2 DC Strike

Cut ½ 5 -1 +0 +4 DC Strike

Disarm ½ 4 +0 +0 Disarm, +10 STR

Block ½ 3 +1 +2 Block, Abort

Force-Guided Strike 1+ 5 +2 +0 +4 DC Strike

FORM II

Thrust ½ 3 +1 +0 +2 DC Strike

Takeaway ½ 5 +0 +0 Grab Weapon, +10 STR

Lock ½ 4 +1 +0 Bind, +10 STR

Disarm ½ 5 +0 -1 Disarm, +15 STR

Trip ½ 3 +2 +0 STR Strike, Target Falls

Parry ½ 4 +2 +2 Block, Abort

Void ½ 4 - +5 Dodge, Abort

FORM III

Probe ½ 5 +1 +3 +0 DC Strike

Deflect ½ 5 +1 +3 Block, Abort

Counter ½ 4 +2 +2 +2 DC Strike, Must Follow Block

Disarm ½ 4 -2 +2 Disarm, +10 STR

Stand Firm ½ 3 +0 +1 Block, Abort, +10 STR to resist Shove

Measured Blow 1+ 5 +0 +2 +4 DC Strike

Dodge ½ 4 - +5 Dodge, Abort

FORM IV

Dancing Strike ½ 4 +0 +2 +2 DC Strike

Running Slash ½ 4 +0 +0 +v/5 Strike, FMove

Spinning Dodge ½ 5 - +4 Dodge, Abort, FMove

Blitz ½ 4 -1 +1 +4 DC Strike, Half Move Required

Passing Disarm ½ 5 -1 -1 Disarm, +10 STR, FMove

Drop Strike ½ 4 +2 +0 +4 DC Strike, You Fall, Response*

Bounding Strike ½ 5 +0 +2 +0 DC Strike, FMove

*The Drop Strike, representing the user dropping back to prop himself up with one hand and thrust upward at a lunging enemy with the other, must be used in response to an enemy using an aggressive, forward-striking maneuver as interpreted by the GM. Haymakers, Move Throughs, some Move Bys, and Martial Maneuvers adding 4 DCs at base or possessing the FMove or Half Move Required Elements are all likely to qualify.

FORM V

Mighty Cut ½ 5 +1 -2 +4 DC Strike

Brute Disarm ½ 4 +2 -2 Disarm, +10 STR

Rush ½ 3 +1 +0 +v/3 Strike, Half Move Required

Shove ½ 4 +2 +0 Shove, +10 STR

Resist ½ 4 +2 +0 Block, Abort, +10 STR to Resist Shove

Kick ½ 3 +0 +0 STR +2d6 Strike, Target Falls

Advance ½ 5 +0 +0 Shove, +20 STR, Half Move Required

FORM VI

Strike ½ 4 +1 +1 +2 DC Strike

Attack ½ 4 +2 +2 +0 DC Strike

Bend ½ 3 +1 +1 Block, (Abort?), Target Falls

Deprive ½ 5 +0 +1 Disarm, +10 STR

Escape varies 4 +0 +0 +15 STR to escape Grab

Bind ½ 3 +0 +0 Bind, +10 STR

FORM VII

Flying Slash ½ 5 +1 -2 +2 DC +v/5 Strike, FMove

Fast Disarm ½ 5 +1 +0 Disarm, +10 STR

Rapid Strike ½ 4 +2 +0 +2 DC Strike

Assault ½ 4 +1 -2 +4 DC Strike, Half Move Required

Trick Strike ½ 5 +0 +0 +4 DC Strike, Must Follow (Predefined)

Block ½ 3 +2 +1 Block, Abort

Avoid ½ 4 - +5 Dodge, Abort

I prefer the idea of these as seven different advanced arts following Yoda's basic training, which is simply the ability to use a saber without killing yourself and maybe a CSL or two, so the styles all contain their own "basic attack" and "defense" maneuvers. There's nothing stopping a GM asking all Jedi to kindly purchase Form I in addition to whatever form strikes their fancy, though, and I did my best to make all "basic attack" moves across the styles at least a little different.

(uh, any suggestions on how to edit this quickly and easily so it don't look like such a text mash?)

I know this is old, but I've been bored and looking at some Star Wars book, so I decided to prepare. I've converted these to a prefab. I didn't include anything else - I left that up to others. I put some of the maneuvers as hand and not weapon because that way HD will figure the total STR, rather than just a mark of +10 or whatever.

Last year' date=' an article appeared in the magazine; Star Wars Insider, about the Jedi fighting arts. It was an interesting read, if only a basic treatise on Lightsabre combat. I've done my best to reproduce this via the Hero System 5E martial arts system. This will be a multiple part post as I don't have enough time to post it all at once (i.e. big post)[/i']

The Lightsabre is an ancient weapon by the time of TPM. Its use has been documented and refined for millenia by Jedi and as with all martial systems, several substyles have emerged.

FORM I

Form 1 is the most basic form of Lightsabre martial arts. It is taught to all Jedi initiates when they first come to the Jedi temple on Coruscant (by Yoda, in the films) and is designed not only to teach them the basic use of their primary weapon of defense, but to refine their ability to sense the world around them via The Force.

Form 1 students are taught the rudiments of blade dueling. It is a cautious style given more toward defense than offense. It is here also that the student is taught to catch and deflect blaster bolts (and other projectiles) by sensing them with The Force and allowing The Force to guide one's hand.

Form I:

Maneuvers:

Basic Strike (3) Cut

Offensive Strike (5) Slash

Martial Block (4) Parry

Martial Dodge (4) Evade

Skills:

WF: Lightsabre (1)*

Breakfall (3)

Defense Maneuver II (5)*

Fast Draw (3)

Talents:

Combat Sense (3)*

Missile Deflection (20)*

Skill Levels:

CSL's are usually kept on DCV. Shift to OCV when facing unskilled opponents.

Form I teaches basic fighting maneuvers with the sword. It also teaches the student the basic skills necessary to facilitate combat against heavily armed opponents (usually a Blaster). Note that any skill with an "*" is required of the student to learn. Obviously, one must have the WF with Lightsabre to even begin learning the artform. Jedi are also taught to fight defensively in a 360^ arc around them (Defense Maneuver) and to sense opponents they can't see (Combat Sense). The Missile Deflection allows them to defend themselves against Blaster-armed opponents...since this is the weapon that Jedi Knights are most likely to be facing in the current age.

Form I is the most basic form of Lightsabre combat. They are taught this form when they are an initiate, usually by several masters. When an initiate is chosen as a Padawan, he/she usually begins instruction in their Master's Lightsabre Form, advancing beyond Form I into more advanced styles.

(Note all students learn Form I and gain the maneuvers/skills listed. The maneuvers from additional Forms will add to this list to fill out the Jedi's list of Lightsabre maneuvers)

FORM II:

Maneuvers:

Counterstrike (4) Riposte

Martial Disarm (4) Disarm

Bind (4) Lock

Escape (3) Disengage

Skills:

Sleigh of Hand (3)*

Tactics (3)

Talents:

Ambidexterity

Skill Levels:

CSL's are shifted between OCV and DCV to keep the opponent guessing. Shift to +DC to ensure a kill when necessary.

Form II is the dueling form. It is an ancient form no longer practiced among the Jedi because it is designed mostly for use against other blade wielders, which Jedi rarely face in the modern age.

Form II is one of the forms of choice for Sith who plan to face Jedi in duels for this purpose. Form II is a very precise, flowing form which looks similar to European fencing. It emphasizes parry's, counterattacks and disarms. The Bind maneuver is a favorite tactic of Sith so that they can take the time to subvert the Jedi's confidence with dark words.

This is the Form Count Dooku used in Episode II.

FORM III:

Maneuvers:

Defensive Strike (5): Slice

Defensive Block (5): Deflect

Counterstrike (4): Riposte

Skills:

Defense Maneuver IV (+5)

Talents:

Unbreakable Defense: Missile Deflection/Uncontrolled/Adjecent(+20)

Skill Levels:

Active Defense (3pt skill levels usable with Block and Missile Deflection)

Defensive Levels (5)

Expert Defense: PSL vs block/missile deflect penalties (4pts/+2lvls)

Form III was designed in response to the rise of the blaster as the main weapon of choice in the galaxy. It is a highly defensive artform. It is said that masters of Form III are invincible.

As mentioned, the style concentrates on defensive moves and counterstrikes. Practitioners of Form III expand greatly on the ability to deflect blaster bolts taught through Form I to the point that deflection becomes an instinctual reation (Uncontrolled Missile Deflection) and can even protect others from random blaster fire (Adjecent Missile Deflection).

(Notes: The Uncontrolled Missile Deflection works thusly; At the beginning of combat, the character must spend a phase to activate the missile deflection. From that point on during the fight, the character can use Missile Deflection without sacrificing one of his phases to do so. Note that penalties for multiple deflection attempts within a phase accrue as normal, and a missed deflection attempt ends the Missile Deflection power, in which case it must be activated again. Note also that a character cannot attempt to deflect an attack they cannot percieve. However, Form III masters have Defense Maneuver at the full 10pt cost, thus it is very difficult to surprise them!

Note2: Expert Defense is bought as Penalty Skill Levels vs Block and Missile Deflection penalties. These skill levels will allow multiple block and MD attempts at no penalty. Example: Obi-Wan has Expert Defense: +4 (8pts). This allows him to deflect up to 3 blaster bolts or Block 3 melee attacks at no penalty. They do not add to OCV, merely reduce the penalty for multiple block/MD attempts as normal for PSL's)

FORM IV:

Maneuvers:

Fast Strike (4): Lighting Strike

Passing Strike (5) Running Slash

Flying Dodge (5) Spinning Dodge

Skills:

Acrobatics (3)*

Defense Maneuver III (+3)

Rapid Attack-Hand to Hand (5)

Two Weapon Combat (10)

Talents:

Lighting Reflexes (3+)

Skill Levels:

Skill levels with Sweep are most common.

During combat, skill levels should be shifted more toward DCV than OCV to represent their acrobatic style. Acrobatics skill can be used to generate OCV bonues.

Form IV is a flashy, highly acrobatic form. It emphasises quick movements and attacks which include many spinning, leaping and twirling maneuvers. The training in Form IV concentrates on the Jedi using The Force to augment his body's movement. These attacks are often unpredictable and lethal. However, many Jedi feel that Form IV is too flashy and flamboyant for the order, but that doesn't stop it from being a popular form, nonetheless.

Qui-Gon Jin and Obi-Wan both use Form IV in episode I. However, by Ep-2, Obi-Wan switches to Form III. Yoda is a master of Form IV and he shows it in his duel with Dooku in AotC.

Form IV masters should normally spend their CSL's on DCV, to represent the difficulty in hitting a Jedi moving at such speed, but can occasionaly shift them to OCV to represent an unpredictable move, or to DC to represent a high-velocity spinning attack. Even though most skill levels will be shifted to DCV (under normal circumstances) the Jedi can still generate decent OCV bonuses by using Acrobatic attack maneuvers as outlined in the Acrobatics skill description.

Form IV masters make frequent use of Sweep attacks, often purchasing 2pts +OCV skill levels with Sweep to reduce the penalty for multiple attacks. Jedi who use two Lightsabres at once are normally Form IV masters. The skill Rapid Attack is essential for Form IV masters, as it allows them to perform acrobatic half moves while still allowing multiple attacks to wear down opponents or clear a crowd.

FORM V:

Manuevers:

Sacrifice Strike(5) Reverse Slash

Sacrifice Disarm(4) Aggressive Disarm

Sacrifice Lunge(4) Lunge

Skills:

Analyze: Fighting Style(3)*

Talents:

Aggressive Negotiations: Add Missile Reflection (+20)

Skill Levels:

2pt lvls with Missile Reflection.

Form V was developed alongside Form IV during an era when Jedi were asked to take a more active role in maintaining peace throughout the galaxy. It addressed a need for greater power amongst the Jedi. Masters who felt that form III was too passive developed this form. Their philosophy was that while a Form III master might be unbeatable, neither could he necessarily overcome his opponent.

Form V focuses on strong and powerful lightsabre attack moves. A Form V master will observe his enemy for a short time to analyze his fighting technique, then will take advantage of any weaknesses in his opponents style.

Form V masters also exploit the ability of the Lightsabre to deflect blaster bolts, turning this highly defensive capability into an offensive attack. They use the force to control the angle of deflection so the bolt is reflected back at the attacker! True masters are able to reflect bolts in any direction they desire, as accurrately as any expert sniper can bullseye a target. Many Jedi find this use of their traditional weapon to be borderline in the Jedi Code of not using The Force for attack, but only for Knowledge and Defense. However, Form V masters often counter by saying that the Force enhanced accuracy necessary to perform such maneuvers requires a level of calm and immersion in The Force that excludes emotions which are normally associated with Dark Side behavior.....

Form V masters often use their skill levels to augment their OCV or DC rather than DCV. They attempt to overwhelm their opponents with big-damaging maneuvers and ending the fight as quickly as possible. Sith lords find Form V to complement them very well, as its emphasis on strength and attack goes hand in hand with their very nature. Anakin Skywalker dedicates himself to Form V after suffering a defeat at the hands of the Sith Tyranus during the opening battles of The Clone Wars. Later, Darth Vader continues to use Form V when he faces his own son, Luke at Bespin.

Note: Many Jedi develop the ability to use Missile Reflection with their Lightsabres even though they do not study Form V. This is merely indicative of a higher level of Force Enhanced skill with their weapon. However, most Jedi will not use this ability unless they absolutely have to (or against Droids and non-living opponents). Form V masters, however, specifically develop this ability to its fullest and they are generally the only Jedi who develop skill levels with this ability.

FORM VI

Maneuvers

Martial Strike (4) Slice

Counterstrike (4) Riposte

Fast Strike (5) Lighting Slash

Sacrifice Disarm (4) Deprive

Skills:

Tactics (3)

Talents:

Sentinal Adjecent Missile Deflection (10)

Skill Levels:

Lightsabre (3pt) and Defensive (5pt) are most common.

During combat, most practitioners of Form VI keep their skill levels balanced between attack and defense, shifting them around as necessary in responce to the situation.

Form VI is called the "Diplomat's Form" because it was adopted by most Jedi who wanted to concentrate more on the diplomatic duties of the Jedi rather than their martial side. A student of Form VI generaly spends a year or two with a master of forms III, IV and V after mastering the basics of Form I. This allows the practitioner of Form VI quite a bit of leeway in personal style as Form VI adopts moves from the other forms mentioned, rather than developing its own unique style. At the time of TPM and AotC, it is the most common style.

Many masters of other more disciplined Forms feel that Form VI is an incomplete form, and that practitioners of that form are vulnerable to a truly skilled opponent. Perhaps this is true, because all of the Form VI practitioners who fought at The Battle of Geonosis died in the arena fight.

FORM VII

Maneuvers

Fast Strike(4) Lighting Strike

Counterstrike(4) Riposte

Charge(4) Flying Slash

Martial Strike(4) Slice

Skills

Acrobatics(3)

Defense Manuever III (+3)

Analyze: Fighting Technique(3)

Sleight of Hand(3)

Rapid Attack(5)

Talents

Lightning Reflexes(3)

Sentinal Adjecent Missile Deflection (+10)

Avenging Angel Missile Reflection(+20)

Skill Levels

CSL w/Lightsabre(3) and Sweep(2) are most common. Defensive skill levels as well.

PSL or CSL w/block and Missile Deflection complete the package.

Form VII is the most difficult and demanding of all the Jedi Combat Forms, but it can lead to fantastic power and skill. Form VII employs bold, direct movments, more open and kinetic than Form V but not as elaborate in appearance as Form IV.

Form VII attempts to overwhelm opponents with series of unconnected attack maneuvers, making the form highly unpredictable in combat. Form VII draws from a deeper well of emotion than Form V, yet masters it more fully. The outward bearing of a Form VII practitioner is one of calm, but the inner pressure verges on explosion. Only high level masters of multiple Forms can achieve and controle the ultimate discipline known as Form VII.

NOTES:Generaly, a master of Form VII will have fully mastered one or two of the above listed Forms before beginning study of Form VII. This means that the Jedi will already have access to many of the maneuvers and skills in the Form VII list. He merely need purchase the one's he's missing to complete the package. Note however that the Flying Slash maneuver (Charge in the UMA) is unique to Form VII

Form VII masters use a very kinetic fighting style, but more direct than Form IV. Skill levels are normally shifted between OCV and DCV but will be shifted to DC when a strike is assured to achieve maximum damage. They use multiple attacks to wear down opponents, but seek to end the battle quickly, much like a master of Form V. Form VII masters are fond of using their Force-enhanced leaping and running bonuses to add damage to their Flying Slash maneuver, which is usually sufficient to finish off a tough opponent for good.

Mace Windu and Darth Maul were both Form VII masters.

There they are! All 7 Lightsabre Forms from Star Wars: Insider Oct-2002.

Enjoy! :thumbup:

Hopefully no one else has done it, but since I was bored: hdp files for each form individually

Why didn't that show up? I must have done the search wrong. Oh well, it got me a little more knowledgeable about the HD program - it's been a while, so it's not a total waste. Appreciate the link - I'll have to look at the other stuff you did. :thumbup:

• 3 years later...