Need UK superheroes for Her Majesty's Own Champions

Trebuchet

I want to assemble a government supported superteam for the British Isles to help fill out my game universe, so I'm soliciting "donations" from my fellow Champions players and GMs. I need at least one "patriot" type (Captain Britain, etc.), and I'd prefer they be between 250 - 300 points and with a bit of written history to give them some sort of personality. (I've already got an American-sponsored team working for the Feds.) Hero Designer files preferred but not required.

Queen Elizabeth II wants you for Her Majesty's Own Champions! Apply today! :D

"Kingdom of Champions" 4e had some of the very best.

I'd use the New Knights, with some revisions...

* Clansman gets a definite gear boost -- haul out the UNTIL or VIPER sourcebook, ask yourself what a top-end agent would get, then give him equivalents. He's the jack-of-all-trades.

* The Gurkha -- heck, haul out your Ninja Hero 5e and give him a nice beginning wuxia package, with a Nepalese flavor. Pure Martial Artist.

* Silver Shadow -- needs virtually no changes, just converting. Ranged Energy Blaster, with a twist.

* Albion -- if he's your taste, keep him -- if not, drop him, or make him a more generic mystic type.

* The Consul -- my advice is, forget it ever existed and give 'em another brick from scratch. Bricks are easy to make. Call him "John Bull" or something like that.

Originally posted by Chuckg

"Kingdom of Champions" 4e had some of the very best.

I'd use the New Knights, with some revisions...

* Clansman gets a definite gear boost -- haul out the UNTIL or VIPER sourcebook, ask yourself what a top-end agent would get, then give him equivalents. He's the jack-of-all-trades.

* The Gurkha -- heck, haul out your Ninja Hero 5e and give him a nice beginning wuxia package, with a Nepalese flavor. Pure Martial Artist.

* Silver Shadow -- needs virtually no changes, just converting. Ranged Energy Blaster, with a twist.

* Albion -- if he's your taste, keep him -- if not, drop him, or make him a more generic mystic type.

* The Consul -- my advice is, forget it ever existed and give 'em another brick from scratch. Bricks are easy to make. Call him "John Bull" or something like that.

Kingdom of Champions was one of the few 4e books I never owned.

I don't want to use a gurkha because we've already got a Nepalese supervillain called Kukri who uses edged weapons, although admittedly he's in custody right now because Zl'f kicked his butt in our last run-in with his villain team.

> Kingdom of Champions was one of the few 4e books I never

> owned.

Well, the /point writeups/ varied between mediocre and abysmal, but the /setting material/ was outstanding.

A brief summary of the characters (sans the Gurkha and the Consul)...

Clansman -- Major something-something MacKenzie, Special Air Service, borderline paranormal stats (DEX 20-something, SPD 5, IIRC), with high-end agent foci and an extensive military and tactical skill package.

Personality -- stodgy old Scottish stick-in-the-mud, but a good fellow underneath. Think of him as something like a young Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart. However, neither a killer nor a military moron -- as the description went "He's currently under orders to use minimum force and to use his best judgement, so that's what he does." Between the commando training and the foci, he's a jack-of-all trades and master of none... sort of like a military version of Utility, only not quite as extreme in the Foci. (After all, he has no tech skills, he's merely using issue equipment.)

Albion -- ghost of a 16th-century alchemist, currently possessing the body of a female suicide victim. Immaterial spirit who bought an Automaton (the corpse) as a follower, and has his major power (a nasty alchemical Transform attack) bought via the Automaton. When 'out of body', useful mostly only as a scout, as he has no Affects Physical World abilities.

Personality -- didn't really have one, bit of a cipher in the description.

Silver Shadow -- precocious daughter (age -- early 20's) of a minor British superhero ("Mark Nine") of the 80's. Powers -- the ability to reflect almost any energy back on its source. Obnoxious Missile Reflection, fairly good Force Field and Force Wall, ability to fly by reflecting gravity, other related sfx.

Personality -- slightly naive, very enthusiastic, bit of a crush on Clansman (who is, of course, *completely* oblivious)... you know, the usual. Bit of a geek. :)

Thanks Chuck, that's useful.

But you've also given me an idea: Suppose the incarcerated Kukri became an agent for the British government as part of his parole? After all, he was first encountered in London and turned over to the British government after his capture in Turkey, he is a former member of the Gurkha detachment of the Royal Army with a good record, and despite his use of edged weapons is not particularly vicious. Of course, he also learned the hard way that throwing knives are not the best weapon to use against Zl'f (nor would they be against Sprite, for that matter). :D

I think I'll ask Mentor if I can "borrow" Kukri since he's incarcerated anyway...

Treb, I strongly suggest you pick up Kingdom of Champions -- it's one of the best 4th Ed books out there, and not just for the hero/villain write-ups. It's a treasure trove of valuable information about the British Isles for someone who is not a native or a resident.

In any case, here are some British heroes I've used in my past games:

Airlift: 40 STR, a modest amount of flight, and +80 TK, No Range, Affects all parts of object, Linked to Flight. He was a mine supervisor who was caught, along with a lot of his men, during a cave-in. That's when his powers manifested. He of course has a public ID now. He's not very comfortable with being a 'superhero' but is doing his best for Queen & Country. He is now (reasonably enough) extremely claustrophobic. (Note: originally some bright spark in Her Majesty's government gave him the code name 'Flying Buttress', but after a number of wits referred to him as 'Flying Buttocks', he changed his code-name to Airlift.)

Claymore: a Scotish lorry driver who can manifest ghostly armor and a ghostly claymore that can cut through just about anything (it's a multipower, one slot is NND does Body not vs. magical items/wards). He can also throw it and then have it return to his hand (RKA), though his accuracy needs some improvement. (Note: the sword and armor are not foci, just sfx.) One thing that annoys him greatly is that while he's manifesting these items, stirring bagpipe music plays in the area from everywhere and nowhere. He's extremely touchy about this, and has been known to fly into a fury when 'poked' about it. (Enraged, 8-, recover 14-)

Paperwork: a mild-mannered little accountant-type who is a financial and investing wizard (10 pts. wealth, high Skills in the finances and accounting). His power is unusual indeed - he can manipulate legal tender. He can tell legal tender or counterfiet by touch (a Sense), can telekinetically manipulate swarms of bills to blind a foe (Darkness, 1 cont. charge, recoverable [pick up the money]). He can cause a banknote to grow to enormous size and wrap someone up, though it is still just paper (Entangle, No Def). Perhaps his most unusual ability is to covert large denomination legal tender into an equivalent value of smaller denomination legal tender (Transform: Currency to Equivalent Value of Currency, same monetary system only, only to break large denominations into small ones). He has grown quite creative (power stunts) with this; for example, once when he was confined in a locked room, he burst the door out of its frame and escaped by packing the area around the hinges with 100 pound notes and converting them into 1 pound notes. He is self confident and assured but unassuming and tries to stay out of the limelight as much as possible. One thing that he really dreads is constantly having to duck golddigging mothers trying to match their daughters up with him, since he is both wealthy and unmarried.

Null and Void: Charles and Robert are apparently twin brothers, but in actuality they are both one half of the same energy-based alien lifeform who is currently stranded on Earth. Periodically they must assume their energy aspect and recombine into a single entity for a while, but this tends to be tough on the people and environment around them (NND RKA Radiation, AoE, Does Body). Fortunately they don't need to do it often or for very long, and can usually isolate 'themselves' as necessary. The 'Null' half of the entity (Charles) can nullify almost any superhuman power, though typically only one at a time; the 'Void' half (Robert) is a very long-range exo-teleport (and can create short-lived 'gates' with extreme effort) and is also capable of temporarily removing the senses of people. (Multipower Flash, sfx: the sense just 'turns off' -- sight goes to pitch black, hearing to deafness, and so on.) (Wierdness note: though the characters had identical Characteristics, whenever they needed to make a CON check, Charles would invariably pass it and Robert would invariably fail it. Strange but true!)

Union Jack - flag-suit wearing super-soldier 'left over' from World War II (practically a rip-off of Captain America). He tends to be a bit grim and serious and somewhat stand-offish; this is because he's seen many of his friends grow old and die while he himself has hardly aged. He also is more and more disgusted by the way the world (and society) has changed since the 1930's.

Big Ben - a growing brick with an AoE cone sonic shockwave. Big Ben can grow as big as the tower in which the famous clock is located, but no larger. It's unknown if there's any kind of 'mystic' link between him and the clock. Ben himself has a public ID, and is a very friendly, outgoing sort. Even in his civilian ID he is an exceptionally tall, broad, well-muscled man with a deep, pleasant voice and a booming laugh. (He has the Perfect Pitch talent and an excellent singing voice.) Ben takes his 'duty' to the Body Politic very seriously, and while it's almost impossible to get him down or depressed, one SURE way to get him boiling is to harm (or threaten to harm) innocents.

Bow Street Runner - a speedster working for Scotland Yard. He is in fact a full inspector, and has a keen eye and a quick, canny mind. (Bonuses to Perception, very high Deduction roll and a number of criminal-related Knowledge Skills.) He is serious about his work, but unlike many speedsters, is quite capable of patiently waiting hours on end (if that's what's required) for a suspect to show up at a place that he has under surviellance. He also likes to relax and take it easy with a few pints down at the pub. All in all, a much more serious and yet laid-back individual than the speedster stereotype.

Screaming Lord Sutch (based on a real life person) - David 'Screaming Lord' Sutch is both rock star and perennial candidate for parliament (though he has never won an election), as well as a part-time superhero. Besides an excellent singing voice, his powers ensure that he does not need a stadium, ampitheatre, or bulky sound equipment to give concert-quality and concert-volume performances. His powers are of course sonic-based, and can easily stun an opponant (EB, Stun Only), blow a hole in a wall (RKA, Penetrating), throw an adversary a huge distance (EB, Double Knockback), or nearly hypnotize a large number of people -- an effective means of crowd control and stopping a riot (Ego Blast [sfx is not pain but a soothing, tranquil state of mind], Inacantations Throughout).

Britannia - somewhat akin to a British 'Wonder Woman', save that in addition to being extremely strong (STR 70) and quick and agile (SPD 6, Dex 29) she carries a sword and shield. She claims to be the living incarnation of the spirit of the British Isles; little else is known about her, though she does have a tendancy to appear without warning during times of great emergancy, in particular if the threat is magical or supernatural.

--- are any of those any help to you?

Hmm lets see what I can come up with

Here’s one based on a local legend

Wrym

During the Middle Ages, a young member of the Lambton family chose to fish on a Sunday despite warnings that it was unlucky. On this particular day he caught nothing but a worm and in anger, threw it into the well.

Some years later, while Lambton was away fighting the Crusades, the worm emerged from the well, a huge and ferocious beast. It devastated the land killing all in its path and continued to grow, coiling its massive body around the hillsides. On his return from the Holy Land, the brave young Lambton sought help from a witch on how best to slay the beast, but he was told that if he killed the creature, he would have to slay the very next living thing he met. The worm was killed but sadly, it was Lambton's father who passed by, and the young crusader, unable to murder him, reneged on his promise to the witch and condemned his family to a curse of untimely deaths that continued for nine generations.

Or at least that is the legend with its famous folk song the truth is that each generation has been cursed to forever contain the power of the Wyrm the first born. They gain the power to summon the beast though controlling its might is difficult they also acquire some of its traits formidable strength and speed and the potent sword first used to slay the beast.

Wyrm is the superheropic identity of Richard Lambton the latest in the line still uncomfortable with his awesome responsibility, which he acquired after the tragic Death of his father now trying to come to terms with his powers his place in his families’ legacy as the youngest member of Britain’s premier super team.

Doh! I forgot the London Watch! (From Kingdom of Champions)...

Again, these are all from "Kingdom of Champions":

Dr. Gold-Wing -- ummm, he's a scientific adventurer. He's also a genetically 'improved', almost genetically perfect, human being... a 'boosted' clone of his 'father', the original Dr. Julius Gold, a noted pulp adventurer/scientist.

in 5e, that could mean his origin ties in to Teleios... as in, the mysterious genetic benefactor who gave Jakob Stroessen his first clues to cracking DNA could be related to the original work of Dr. Gold.

Semi-pacifist gadgeteer -- goes about in a rather dashing suit, pockets full of useful gimmicks, none of them do BODY. Also has a good suit of agent armor for 'adventuring'.

Blazon, the Knight Unconquerable -- tweedy old British academic who found a magic amulet that lets him transform into an armor-clad powerhouse. Also lets him summon a ghostly flying steed (Flight with a really weird sfx).

Repulse -- Siobhan Williams... accountant by day, mutant telekinetic by night.

Yeoman -- Olympic archery champion turned crime-fighter. Infamous for patenting the "shaped-charge arrow". Bit of an excessive force problem at times, but nothing villainous or murderous.

There were several others, forgotten them, sadly enough. Largely 'cause I can't remember where my damn copy is right now.

A brief sketch of my own UK government team, the Crown Agents (no stats, alas, but the detail may help)...

London Pryde - the Hon. Anthony Pryde, not quite heir to the Earldom of Semmermere (Tony's brother was lost in SE Asia and neither Tony nor his grandfather want to declare him dead). Long-time SAS service, skills out to *here* - I read him as the Clansman (per earlier posts) crossed with John Steed...

Robyn Hood - Melody Main was an Olympic-class archer who had a mental breakdown at the 1996 Atlanta games; brought herself out of it through archery disciplines (all through waking hours at the height of the fever) and became preternaturally accurate - think Green Arrow in his Zen period... If Pryde is the brain of the Crown Agents, Melody's the heart.

Greenmantle - journalist Jim Munro broke open a major Glasgow drugs ring and vengeance was not slow in coming for him; but the bomb under his car triggered his metagene and gave him something close to invulnerability against physical damage. Talented amateur boxer, tenacious investigator - think of a fallible Batman and it's not far off...

MC Sonik - Everton Lycett could have gone bad on south London streets; but his metapower of absorbing ambient sound and turning it into shockwaves gave him a way out. Did good by stealth in Peckham and Brixton before he was picked up by the Agents. Cocky and opinionated, but there's a good guy under all that bluster. Can be weakened, though - even killed - by total silence...

Silvershadow - ex-Red October (Soviet-era metateam),

Marta Revinskaya was almost killed by a former teammate; soured on the new Russia, she came to Britain to join the Agents, with whom she'd worked occasionally before. Can turn invisible or intangible - but not both at once...

Mini - lab technician Kate Walcott was doused in supposedly toxic chemicals during a raid on the lab where she worked; the stuff got in through open wounds and shrunk her to 10 inches while leaving her weight unchanged. Very dense body tissues make her extremely hard to damage; she's also a decent and improving gymnast.

Bluebird - daughter of the 70s hero Blue Streak, Susan Hellthwaite's speed powers are innate (unlike her dad's, which were chemically induced). Inspired by Blue Streak's heroic death when his former team came out of retirement to aid the Agents, she works with the Agents to get a handle on her new abilities. Low-powered at present (can just outrun a sports car at the moment) but getting faster...

Nos (Welsh for 'night') - the cloud that walks like a man; 'David Wiiliams' is actually a sentient cloud (colony-creature) that projects intense cold and darkness in its normal form. 'Williams' was given a human identity because its own, more malevolent personality had been erased by the crash of its scoutship - or at least that's what everyone thought...

Trebauchet,

One thing you should be aware of is that the army is never referred to as the Royal Army. The Airforce and Navy yes but not the army. This dates back to the English Civil War of the 1640s when Parliament won against the King. The army's flag is red by the way.

I did a brick called British Bulldog. I don't have the details or stats anymore but could write it up. Sadly no software compatibility, sorry !

Originally posted by death tribble

Trebauchet,

One thing you should be aware of is that the army is never referred to as the Royal Army. The Airforce and Navy yes but not the army. This dates back to the English Civil War of the 1640s when Parliament won against the King. The army's flag is red by the way.

I did not know that, I'm embarrassed to admit, and I considered myself something of a student of British history. Thanks for the correction.

Just out of curiosity, why do you always spell my handle "Trebauchet"? Is that the English spelling for this French word?

I should point out that certain parts of the army are referred to as “Royalâ€, an example being the Royal Signals (my uncle was in the Signals). However, the army itself is not so called.

That link freakboy6117 posted is one I have referred to a couple of times on these boards. I did 250 point write-ups for “The Amazing Threeâ€, who are detailed on that site (somewhere), although they were slightly lacking in “oomph†(especially Tanya). I completely changed their backgrounds, so that each of them was powered by the same source, but each was unaware of the link to the other two.

Blue Wizard was a barrister (I think I might make him a solicitor now, as they’d find it a little easier to slip out and do some heroing) who found an old walking stick, with a raven’s head handle, in an antique shop. He discovered the stick had the power to transform him into a blonde, blue-skinned mage (I ditched the top hat as too clichéd).

Basically, he had a VPP but relied solely on the walking stick and without it, he had no powers. He had quite a few skills, largely related to his chosen career, but he also did a bit of stage magic as a hobby. His characteristics were much higher in his heroic ID (just as is true of the other three).

For an extra 50 points, I’d give him his flying shield (in the comics, he got fed up of not being able to fly and enchanted a shield-shaped plaque which he rode like a surfboard), probably 10†Flight, 0 END, OAF and I'd consider giving him some kind of personal defensive magic, perhaps a 10PD, 10ED Force Field, ½ END, Invisible to Sight, just so he wasn't destroyed if he lost the "wand".

Oakman was essentially just a brick character. He was a university professor of Scottish ancestry who had doctorates in three different fields. He was a linguist (that was just a hobby, but he spoke many languages), an archaeologist, an historian and also an expert on English literature. He discovered an ancient site containing a “diagram of powerâ€. When he traced the design with his finger (he could do this anywhere, not just on the original design), he changed into an earth elemental (tree variety).

He had 60 STR and was very tough, although had a bit of a vulnerability to fire. He didn’t have much else in the way of powers, but due to being a OIHID brick, he was tough, but still very clever. I can’t recall if he could fly, like the Oakman in the comics. I think I dropped that, or he had only low-level flight.

For an extra 50 points, I think I might give him a “brick tricks†multipower of some description. I toyed with giving him Regeneration (including the ability to regain limbs), but only in sunlight, with access to water and soil (a little like the ability Swamp-Thing demonstrated in the first of the films). In fact, he might have had that power within the original 250 point write-up.

Tanya was a slightly dowdy scientist, working in the field of light physics. An “accident†at work gave her the ability to change into a gorgeous raven-haired woman, whom she called “Tanya†after her favourite character from a book she read when growing up.

Tanya was an energy projector with an EC of “Photon Powers†(Force Field, Flight) and a MP with offensive powers (EB, RKA and Flash). If she sounds a bit more vanilla than the other two, you’d be right. She was slightly dull powers-wise in the strip. She was also clever and had quite a lot of knowledge in a variety of scientific fields, particularly physics.

For an extra 50 points, I’d beef up her powers a bit and also boost her heroic STR from 15 to about 30 or even 40 (she was quite strong in the comics, according to something I saw a few months ago).

What was the link? Each of the Amazing Three (in my version) was powered by a pantheon of Gods who once had an interest in the British Isles. Tanya got her powers from the Roman gods, in particular the Roman equivalent of Eos, the Goddess of the Dawn (I don’t think I researched it particularly at the time, so I never had the Roman name). Oakman was of Celtic origins, his patron being Oghma. Blue Wizard got his powers from Wotan, one of the gods of the Germanic peoples (blue is a colour associated with Odin/Wotan). Tanya was going to be in for quite a shock when she found out that her powers were magical in nature.

For your edification, a character from my own campaign who shares similarities with some of those discussed previously. No point totals as I'm at work and doing this from memory:

John Trevelyan AKA British Bulldog

Characteristics

Val Char

40 STR

20 DEX

28 CON

13 BODY

13 INT

14 EGO

20 PRE

6 COM

25 PD

20 ED

4 SPD

14 REC

56 END

47 STUN

Powers

Ultrasonic Hearing

Discriminatory Smell

Targeting Smell

+ 5†Superleap

+ 5†Running

+ 2†Swimming

3 PD / 3 ED Armour, ACT 14-

Life Support – Retarded Ageing

Full Ambidexterity

Vehicle – Souped-up Mini Cooper

3 PD / 3 ED Armour, ACT 14-, IIF overcoat and boots

Skills

WF: Small Arms / Blades / Thrown Blades

Commando Training – Martial Strike / Martial Block / Choke Hold

Dirty Infighting – Flying Tackle / Eye Gouge / Hoist ‘n’ Heave

Martial Weapons – Clubs / Knives

2 Damage Classes

3 levels HTH combat

TF: Small Ground Vehicles / Small Water Vehicles / Parachute

Level 4 English (Native)

Level 2 French

Level 2 German

Level 2 Russian

PS: Football 13- (DEX)

KS: Espionage Ops 11-

KS: Small Unit Tactics 11-

KS: Football 11-

KS: Beers of the World 11-

KS: Politics 11-

KS: History 11-

KS: Crime Lore 11-

AK: Greater London 13-

AK: East End 11-

AK: Berlin 11-

Stealth 13-

Concealment 12-

Shadowing 11-

Climbing 12-

Breakfall 8-

Survival 8-

Navigation 8-

Combat Driving 13-

Lockpick 13-

Security Systems 12-

Demolitions 11-

Streetwise 13-

Persuasion 13-

Oratory 13-

Bribery 13-

Interrogation 13-

Perk – Security Clearance

Well Connected

Contact 11- (Scotland Yard)

Contact 11- (Ticket Tout)

Contact 11- (MI5)

Contact 11- (MI6)

Contact 11- (London gangland)

Contact 11- (Royal advisor)

Disadvantages

Distinctive Looks: Human / bulldog hybrid

Psych: Stubborn doesn’t like to give up or admit defeat, common, strong

Psych: Football nut, common, moderate

Psych: Patriot, uncommon, strong

Psych: Easygoing sense of humour / practical joker, common, moderate

Psych: Hates fascists/racists/extremists, uncommon, strong

Psych: Loves kids/protects innocents, common, strong

Enraged: Smells own blood, uncommon, 11- to go, 11- to recover

Public ID

Hunted: Eurostar 8-

Hunted: Supreme Soviet, 8-

Watched: UK intelligence services, 11-

Physical: Colour blind

Vul: 2 x Stun from gas, poison and chemical attacks

Vul: 1.5 x Body from gas, poison and chemical attacks

Vul: 1.5 x Stun from sonic attacks

DNPC: Brother, normal, 8-

DNPC: Latest significant other, normal, 8-

Background

Born in the East end of London to an English father and a Russian mother, 18 year old John Trevelyan joined the Royal Marine Commandos in 1944. He served with distinction in a number of covert operations, ending his service with the rank of Sgt. Upon mustering out, Trevelyan was recruited into the fledgling intelligence services, working in both the domestic and foreign theatres (particularly in West Berlin during the Cold War).

In the late 60’s Trevelyan fell afoul of the East German security services during a mission spying upon an alleged ‘supersoldier’ program based in Berlin. Unable to get information out of Trevelyan, his captors handed him over to the scientists as an expendable test subject. His body chemistry was subject to biological mutation in a process which had killed many previous test subjects. However Trevelyan didn’t die, he changed into a half-human hybrid possessing some of the characteristics of a canine but at an amplified level – enhanced senses, great strength and fitness, short fur and dense subcutaneous fat. The mutated Trevelyan escaped his captors in a violent breakout and ran amok through East Berlin, eventually breaking through Checkpoint Charlie to the freedom of the West.

Trevelyans superiors were dismayed at the change in their dependable (if somewhat eccentric) agent – he had been mutated into an ungainly monster with a bad temper. In addition to healing the many wounds received during escape, many months of therapy were required to help him adjust to his new condition. During this time Trevelyans altered physiology was studied in some depth and Trevelyans superiors realised that he could be a major asset. Unfortnately for them Trevelyan was not keen to return to his life as a spy.

The changed Trevelyan returned to his East end roots, living with his brother Mike above the family pub (The John Bull). The intelligence services made many offers to Trevelyan, all of which he turned down, until the day his brother fell afoul of an extreme Nationalist group who firebombed The John Bull as part of a terror campaign. Trevelyan sought out his former bosses and made them an offer – he’d work for them in an ‘unofficial’ capacity in exchange for the ability to work with Scotland Yard in pursuing the Nationalists. Thus Trevelyan began his new career under the codename ‘British Bulldog’, an ironic reference to Trevelyans ugly visage.

British Bulldog worked clandestinely in domestic counter-espionage and counter-terrorism for a number of years. His bosses used the D-notice system to ensure that the Press did not publish any details of their star agent that might have otherwise become public knowledge.

During the mid-70’s an ambitious American news crew flouted the D-notice system to broadcast video footage of the Bulldog tackling terrorist hijackers during a siege at Heathrow Airport. The cat (or dog) was out of the bag. Since that time the Bulldog has become something of an urban myth to the general population, although those who live in the East end know the truth of the matter.

Appearance / Personality

Trevelyan stands 1.95m tall and weighs 95kg. His well-muscled body is almost totally covered in short, thick fur and he has an enlarged, squashed nose. He has the kind of face that “only a mother could loveâ€. Despite his ‘homely’ appearance he is not at a disadvantage when it comes to romancing the ladies – he always has a bunch of steady girlfriends. Children also love the Bulldog and in return he devotes endless time and energy to inner-city youth projects – he is a true champion of the underdog.

Trevelyan has become disenchanted with the Great Game although he still works with the security services on occasion. He prefers to set his own agendas rather than working to those of someone else.

Most commonly the Bulldog is to be found wearing a dark Crombie overcoat, white T-shirt, faded blue jeans and Doc Marten boots. He has also been known to wear a woollen scarf and hat combination in the English football team colours. On rare occasions he has been seen dressed 'to the nines' for formal occasions e.g. charity events, regimental dinners.

Powers / Tactics

Mainly strength and agility backed by a range of skills learned over the years. Trevelyan uses his many contacts to assist him in dealing with major problems. He knows a lot of important people at all levels in society.

Bulldogs enhanced physiology allows him to compete in the big leagues but he is not bulletproof or bombproof. Consequently he is a cunning opponent, a rough house fighter who can be very direct and to the point when necessary. He is a major pain in the backside for anyone who crosses him. Theoretically Bulldog should be slowing with age but he isn’t. This, and his sterility (he really loves kids but cannot father any), are side effects of the physiological changes he suffered.

GM Notes

Trevelyans personality is drawn from the characters played by Michael Caine in the movies “The Italian Jobâ€, “Alfieâ€, “Get Carterâ€, “Escape To Victoryâ€, the Harry Palmer series (“The IPCRESS Fileâ€, “Funeral In Berlinâ€) and numerous other war/action movies.