7th Sea to Hero

HeroGM

Not a flame troll or anything else intended. Since my entire experience with 7th was reading through the core book a long time ago.

But even though I absolutely love the swashbuckling genre, I never bought 7th because it didn't ever have ships. Yes it had "write ups" but no deck plans or anything. Did they ever put out an actual supplement that covers ships? And my definition of covering includes side and top view diagrams, deck plans of the ships of the periods, from cog and caravels to barks, brigs and frigates. Ships crews and desciptions of what they do. Movement rules and combat rules. Harns "Pilots Almanac" is the best I've seen so far but they never included deck plans.

Once again this isn't a knock. I'd use Hero to run the game regardless, but I really like good books with deck plans and such. So if 7th has one I'd buy it.

Originally posted by ChaosDrgn

They included it in several books. Most recently their Ships & Battles book. R&K & D20 complient ;)

cover_seabattles.jpg

The "Ships & Battles" book has deck plans with interior plans? I've seen tons of the gratuitous pic of the weatherdeck. But very very few that include the inside. Hold arrangement, berthings, bilge, cabins, magazines (if applicable) and so on.?

It would be great to get a gaming supplement with all that. I've got shelves of supplements that promised long and delivered short. I wish I could take a look at a copy, but my FLGS is not so F and carries less stock than I do.

I liked the initial idea, but it went to hell after the Montaigne Revolution, IMO. I bought a few of the books. That was enough to get some ideas rolling. I have mixed it with some stuff from Warhammer FRPG, especially the map of the Old World, which I like better than Theah. So I took what I thought was the best of each game and created my own world there.

Originally posted by Nato

As an employee of AEG, and a Hero Fan, I'm extremely interested in this! I haven't had a chance to get very into the setting, but if I can help in any way, please let me know. If there's information you need from a book you don't have, I have access.

You know we're going to take you up on that offer. :)

Why don't we start with a little bit of work on what does need to be done?

Magic:

The styles are pretty self contained and should be easy to write up, probably in a Multipower Pool.

Guns should be written up and at the same time armor needs to be accounted for....I think giving armor 1/2 DEF against guns and a few other weapons should be cause enough to have most folks abandon its use.

Dragon Armor, of course, would not suffer the AP effect.

Off the top of my head the magic....Glamor, Porte, Fate Witches, Rune Lords (Vesten), Skinchangers, ........that is all I can think of. I guess Dragon Armor should be included in there.

Swordsmen styles will need to be written of rind an analog in the UMA.

Beasts and The Fey will need some general guidelines.

Some of the NPCs would be fun to write up....The O'Bannon, The New Odin fella, Illya, and the Young Lady who exudes a zone of truth.

Just some ideas off the top of my head.

Porte should be the easiest write up so we could start thier and work our way to Fate Witches.

Re: 7th Sea to Hero

Originally posted by ChaosDrgn

Does anyone know or made any conversions from AEG's 7th Sea/Swashbuckling Adventures to Hero? Am consiering starting a game using the world, and the magic system can be a bit of a pain :)

As was stated in an early thread about Fantasy Hero Companion I & II, there was a ship fighting system in it - that included scaled combat for PCs with powerful combat abilities - if I remember correctly.

Fantasy Hero Companion II also had mass combat rules. Check EBay of Amazon. :)

If you have the out of print GURPS Swashbucklers, you could find a bunch of sword styles from each country. The Avalons and Eisen could take the old style, with the latter substituting a buckler with a Panzerhand. The Montaigne could use the transitional rapier style. The Castillans would know La Destreza Verdadera, and the Vodacce would know the Italian rapier style.

I would also add the following unarmed styles: Boxing (Ancient), Cinematic Brawling, Kampfringen, L'Arte Abbraciare, Savate, Wrestling, and Zipota. Characters from the Cathayan subcontinent could use Kung Fu, Tai Chi Chuan, Pakua, Hsing-I, Hwarangdo, Simgomdo, Muay Thai.

Re: Re: 7th Sea to Hero

Originally posted by Galadorn

As was stated in an early thread about Fantasy Hero Companion I & II, there was a ship fighting system in it - that included scaled combat for PCs with powerful combat abilities - if I remember correctly.

Fantasy Hero Companion II also had mass combat rules. Check EBay of Amazon. :)

Fantasy Hero Companion I had mass land combat rules and II had the ship combat rule.

What I really liked about the Companions were the location maps. I still use the map for the Eagle for my roadside inns. It also included a small castle, a wizards tower, a manor house, city tavern, samll keep, a guild hall, a monastery, a cave complex and a few others that escape me at present. I hope that the fantasy hero battlegrounds supplement will have more maps like the ones above.