Brandy (from Liberty Meadows)

Game Show Man

I'm a big fan of the comic strip Liberty Meadows, and I couldn't resist converting the strip's buxom star, Brandy to Hero System terms. Behold (and correct if necessary)!

Brandy

Player: NPC Hero, created by Frank Cho

Val Char Cost
15 STR 5
13 DEX 9
12 CON 4
12 BODY 4
16 INT 6
12 EGO 4
16 PRE 6
25 COM 10
3 PD 0
2 ED 0
4 SPD 17
5 REC 0
24 END 0
26 STUN 0
6" RUN02" SWIM03" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 65

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
Brandy Boxing
4 1) Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
3 2) Clinch: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, +10 STR for holding on
4 3) Cross: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, STR +2d6 Strike
5 4) Hook: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, STR +4d6 Strike
3 5) Jab: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +1 DCV, STR Strike
4 6) Eye Gouge: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Flash 4d6
5 7) Hoist n' Heave: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, -2 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, +20 STR to Throw
4 8) Low Blow: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, 2d6 NND
3 9) Tackle: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, -1 DCV, STR +v/5 Strike; You Fall, Target Falls; FMove
3 10) Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, STR +v/5, Target Falls
Martial Arts Cost: 38

Cost Skill
20 +4 with HTH Combat
3 Acrobatics 12-
8 Animal Handler (Birds, Canines, Porcines, Reptiles & Amphibians, Ursines) 13-
3 Bureaucratics 12-
3 Concealment 12-
3 Conversation 12-
5 Cramming
6 KS: Animal Psychology (INT-based) 15-
5 AK: Liberty Meadows (INT-based) 14-
5 Paramedics 13-
3 Persuasion 12-
5 PS: Animal Psychologist (INT-based) 14-
3 Riding 12-
3 Seduction 12-
3 Stealth 12-
2 Survival 12-
3 Tactics 12-
5 Teamwork 13-
8 TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Riding Animals, Skating (iceskating or rollerskating), Sleds, Small Rowed Boats, Two-Wheeled Muscle-Powered Ground Vehicles
Skills Cost: 96

Cost Perk
1 Fringe Benefit: License to practice animal psychology
Perks Cost: 1

Total Character Cost: 200

Val Disadvantages
30 Dependent NPC: Oscar the Weiner Dog and Truman the Duck 14- (Incompetent; Group DNPC: x2 DNPCs)
20 Distinctive Features: extremely beautiful and sexy woman (Concealable; Extreme Reaction (lust); Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
15 Hunted: Evil Brandy 8- (As Pow; Harshly Punish; PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find)
15 Psychological Limitation: worries about her weight (Common; Strong)
20 Unluck: 4d6
0 Normal Characteristic Maxima

Disadvantage Points: 100

Base Points: 100

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Character Information

Height: 5' 10" Hair: Black

Weight: 145 lbs Eyes: Blue

Appearance: Brandy is a tall Caucasian woman in her mid-20s with long black hair, and a magnificent figure (complete with an ample bustline, a trim midriff and a backside to rival Jennifer Lopez). She usually dresses very casual; she's almost always in jeans (both pants and shorts) and either a t-shirt or (in colder weather) a sweater bearing the name of her old college (where she was a cheerleader for several years).

Background: Brandy is the star of the riotous comic strip "Liberty Meadows," set at a Maryland animal reserve (and lunatic asylum!), where she works as an animal psychologist. She is an amalgamation of many beautiful women (including Lynda Carter, the 70's TV Wonder Woman and legendary pin-up model Bettie Page), all of whom have one thing in common: cartoonist Frank "Monkey Boy" Cho, the strip's creator, had the hots for them. Brandy spends her days dealing with the reserve's inhabitants, including midget circus bear (and resident gadgeteer) Ralph, hypochondriac bullfrog Leslie, alcohol and tobacco addicted male chauvenist pig (literally) Dean, and her two favorite charges, oil spill survivor Truman the Duck (a hyper-polite soul with the mind of a child) and his running partner Oscar the Wiener Dog. She lives with Truman and Oscar as well as her flirtateous roommate Jen, a busty blonde who works as a computer scientist for NASA. Brandy's other function is to serve as the object of obsession for the other star of the strip, nerdy Frank the vet, who Brandy is secretly attracted to, but who can't work up the nerve to ask Brandy out. She also spends her days trying to appease (and avoid) her mother who wants to marry Brandy off to the first handsome man who asks her.

Personality: Brandy is the most rational of Liberty Meadows' inhabitants. She is intelligent and idealistic, trying to find the light at the end of every dark tunnel. She is a natural born leader, and can take charge of almost any situation. She is also very insecure, especially about her weight (both Truman and Oscar have tried to help her get over this insecurity by jumping on her bathroom scale with her; this has merely served to anger her). She is also quick to jump to the defense of her friends, and is a dangerous hand-to-hand combatant.

Quote: "Oh, fudge."

Tactics: Except for her incredible good looks, Brandy is basically just your average animal psychologist, and has skills appropriate to her chosen line of work. Her main assets are her keen mind, her INCREDIBLE body, and her considerable fighting skills. Her fighting style is referred to as, for lack of a better term, "Brandy Boxing," as she is clearly well versed in the mechanics of throwing a punch (she has yet to use a foot strike) so she has likely learned Modern Boxing from somewher, but she is also capable of catfighting with the best of them. In the comic strip, she has demonstrated her unarmed fighting technique many times, including once against an evil version of herself in a knockdown, drag-em-out, battle for the ages. Her fighting skill is also handy for rescuing Leslie from giant evil ticks (which she has done AT LEAST twice) and for repelling obnxious ex-boyfriends. However, she shares one disadvantage with the rest of the cast: Unluck, which is necessary to make sure the stories are strange and funny (the GM is encouraged to make sure the results of an Unluck roll are as bizzare and drop dead hilarious as possible).

Campaign Use: Brandy is a good contact for those with "cartoon animal" PCs. She also makes for an irresistable romantic interest for PCs with "ladies man" tendancies (or even lesbian characters!).

My Wife Supreme used to run a pep squad, so don't think the knowledge I'm about to present is any indication that I'm some kind of a Pederast Supreme... :(

Cheerleading really should be based upon DEX. It's basically a combination of dancing and acrobatics. I suppose you could make an argument that the cheering and getting the crowd hyped up would be a function of PRE, but the physical demands are SO much more central. You could argue that cheerleading choreography was INT based.

Originally posted by Blue

Am I missing something on the 25 COM 10 ?

Should be either 30 COM or 7.5 (8) Cost unless I'm missing something in the character write up.

She's got NCM. Once her COM hits 20, which costs 5 points, the cost doubles. Thus, to get her to 25 from 20 costs another 5 points.

To be realistic about it, she didn't look exactly like Brandy. I only said she reminded me of my friend. She is tall and attractive, just not the total sexpot the comic character is. I haven't seen her in years, but a web search shows she's done well for herself. She has her degree in physics (her father is a college physics professor) and also sings, specializing in opera. She also has a degree in the Conservatory of Music.

Guest WhammeWhamme
Originally posted by Game Show Man

Okay, based on your recommendations, I have tossed KS: Cheerleading altogether, reduced her Animal Handler levels and used the leftover points to buy Animal Handler categories.

Anyone else wanna do Jen, Brandy's roommate?

There's probably someone, but it would shameful to admit.. surely.

:D

• 2 years later...

Re: Brandy (from Liberty Meadows)

I apologize for this bit of thread necromany, but I think I saw on TV an actress who could play Brandy. Do a search on Tanya Memme, who hosts "Sell This House" on A&E.

Her official website is tanyamemme. com.