Star Trek Ships

JmOz

Star Fleet Battles anyone???

SFB would be a good game to reference this information from. I am not sure if they have stats on the latest and greatest (I stopped playing a few years ago) but they give good info. Some online SSD's (schematics of ships) are:

http://jgray-sfb.com/

http://www.dragonlair.net/tass/tass/index.htm

The number of shuttles vary with the size of the ship and the duty of them. In SFB, there are 4 types of shuttles: Admin (carrying people), Attack (carrying low grade ship weapons) Wild Weasels (ECM unit) and a scatter pack (multiple missiles).

There was usually only one shuttle bay, since it was easier to keep all the 'vehicles in one hanger'. For safety reasons, only one shuttle could launch and/or land at a time although the gates looked like two could fit through IF the pilots were EXTREMELY careful.

According to the Spacedock netbook for LUG's version of the Trek RPG (written by our very own Steve Long), the Galaxy-class ships like the Enterprise D have a standard complement of 25 shuttles, 12 shuttlepads, 3 shuttle bays (the main shuttlebay in the saucer section, and two smaller bays in the engineering section), plus a "Captain's Yacht."

Originally posted by Steve Long

If you want STAR TREK starships, believe me, I gotcher back. ;) Just check out the various books I give away on TrekRPG.Net. If I can ever get the free time to finish it, a book on Romulan ships will join the ranks.

Now that would really rock! We still use LUG's system for our Trek games because of your work!

Aroooo

Originally posted by tiger

Now to find/make a quick conversion and we have it made;)

I was actually working on a conversion system for Icon System to HERO System a while back. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a response from anyone at Wizards Of The Coast (who now presumably own the rights to the system) regarding publishing such a conversion system anywhere. :(

However, I do have permission from Decipher for a Coda System to HERO System conversion. Now I just need to find time to write it. ;)

Maybe I need to post less around here... ;)

If you want STAR TREK starships, believe me, I gotcher back. ;) Just check out the various books I give away on TrekRPG.Net. If I can ever get the free time to finish it, a book on Romulan ships will join the ranks.

What's that URL again? trekrpg.net gets me a sports betting site...

I have them all so far. Looking forward to the next, although I realise it maybe a little bit. I hear your a little busy anymore.

Originally posted by Derek Hiemforth

According to the Spacedock netbook for LUG's version of the Trek RPG (written by our very own Steve Long), the Galaxy-class ships like the Enterprise D have a standard complement of 25 shuttles, 12 shuttlepads, 3 shuttle bays (the main shuttlebay in the saucer section, and two smaller bays in the engineering section), plus a "Captain's Yacht."

So in essence they can launce 12 at a time, have a total of 25 shuttles, plus the "Captains Yatch"? BTW I thought the Yacht was only on the E

Originally posted by JmOz

So in essence they can launce 12 at a time, have a total of 25 shuttles, plus the "Captains Yatch"? BTW I thought the Yacht was only on the E

No, the D had a Captain's Yacht as well, mounted in the same location as it was on the E. We just never got to see it on screen.

Originally posted by Hunter

No, the D had a Captain's Yacht as well, mounted in the same location as it was on the E. We just never got to see it on screen.

Actually, one episode had scenes that took place on the yacht, but it was never disconnected from the ship. Why bother?

Keith "Why bother?" Curtis

Originally posted by keithcurtis

Why ST ships in particular? I would certainly consider the Death Star to be a plot device.

Keith "It's too small to be a moon..." Curtis

Yeah, but i have the Death Star Tech Manual from West End Games. How many points do you think it would take??? (No answer required, I was being rhetorical :))

Aroooo

Originally posted by Aroooo

Yeah, but i have the Death Star Tech Manual from West End Games. How many points do you think it would take??? (No answer required, I was being rhetorical :))

Aroooo

Oh but ill answer anyways:10,000 cp's

and since it can be run with 10,00 people OR a Skeleton crew of 1,000 you need to have a jedi with Summon:Skeletons(x1000) as a requirement to build one, Palapatine was the only one that knew that trick.

:)

Sorry, favorite joke for the need for an expanded jedi powers list including Necromancy.....

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by keithcurtis

Why ST ships in particular? I would certainly consider the Death Star to be a plot device.

Years ago, I wrote up a little skit for a Star Trek/Wars crossover.

Captain Kirk beamed into the central control system of the Death Star:

JTK: What... is.... your... primary mission?

Death Star: To destroy planets

JTK: Define... planet!

DS: Large spherical object over 1000 yards in radius

JTK: And... WHAT...is....the RADIUS of this station?

DS: 1,347 yards

JTK: CARRY OUT YOUR PRIME DIRECTIVE

DS: Must... fzzzt...perform....fzzzt...primary....mission...fzzzt. Palpatine - coordinate!

JTK: Enterprise! Beam me out of here!

DS: Fzzzt! pop...smoke...BOOM!