City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

I log in for that reason only, really.

And starting 4/1 there's another reason to log in. There's a "give away" that you are entered into each day that you log on in April. It's mentioned on the CoH site.

I've been splitting my time between CoH and CoV, but I'm beginning to get annoyed with CoV. I like the game, but I'm really working at building a SG. SO, I go out and recruit, get people who say that they are really committed players, really active, really dedicated, etc.

Within 48 hours, half of them quit. It's not that we don't have a functional base (we do, though it is still on the small plot), and we have about 20 active ppl. It just seems that too many want to bail for a "better" SG, rather than help build up an existing group. And believe me, when you spend 12 hours over a weekend doing nothing but recruiting, it gets really annoying to have people keep quitting on you.

(The irony is that, if many of them had stayed for even a week, we'd have better than 40 active members, instead of 20.)

Sorry - just had to vent there.

I've been splitting my time between CoH and CoV, but I'm beginning to get annoyed with CoV. I like the game, but I'm really working at building a SG. SO, I go out and recruit, get people who say that they are really committed players, really active, really dedicated, etc.

Within 48 hours, half of them quit. It's not that we don't have a functional base (we do, though it is still on the small plot), and we have about 20 active ppl. It just seems that too many want to bail for a "better" SG, rather than help build up an existing group. And believe me, when you spend 12 hours over a weekend doing nothing but recruiting, it gets really annoying to have people keep quitting on you.

(The irony is that, if many of them had stayed for even a week, we'd have better than 40 active members, instead of 20.)

Sorry - just had to vent there.

I understand the venting. It is frustrating when you're trying to build up any group, whether it be clan, guild, or sg.

Even though you didn't ask ;) , I'll offer a couple of suggestions that might help relieve your frustration.

1) Back off on the recruiting drive. It's better to have 20 active members than 40 sorta-active ones. Don't be impatient to be running a full sg. It's a pretty thankless job, I understand.

2) Recruit as a result of teaming. When you find a good player who seems like he or she would be a good fit for your sg, invite the player.

These two pieces of advice will reduce the amount of time you spend recruiting, increase your actual playing time, and help produce a more active sg.

I try to do 2, somewhat. The problem I kept having with #1 is that, after a few weeks, some of the active players (who were not trying to add to the roster) would say "To heck with this - there aren't enough active people" and quit. It's a nice catch-22 situation.

I did get in a couple missions last night - enough to come across one with 2 +3 or +4 bosses, and earn a fair amount of debt. I've started running a mission, recruiting for a bit, run another mission, recruit, etc. It cuts my play time, but I don't feel as bad about it.

For what it's worth - I don't care if we only have 30 people. 75 would be great, but not if it's full of jerks, inactive toons, alts, etc. I'm trying for quality, but I do need a certain number of warm bodies in order to do raids, SG missions, etc.

I rarely team unless it's with my friend Joe these days. If he's not on, I don't play my primary character (since that way we can keep pace).

My secondaries are typically solo'd, but every once in a while I join a team with my Brute and suddenly I'm inundated with SG offers. Then if I accept, I don't feel like playing that character (because when I come online suddenly the SG is expecting me to run to them, when in fact they're secondary to playing with my buddy).

So I did recently accept an SG offer after much cajoling from them, only to decide that next time I log on I'm gonna pull my membership.

I spent around 4 hours online with some freinds last night. I started a new toon,went thru tutorial, and got to 1.5 bubble of seventh in that time. And the only one who died was our healer (same level range) who was using sacrifice on everyone, and kept killing himself. (2 others also did the same leveling feat.)

• 2 months later...

I7 has content for villians level 41-50.

A new pvp zone called Recluse's victory, an alternate Atlas Park where Hero's and Villians vye for control. FOr lvls 41-50.

Villians also gain a few new powersets and if they ally with specific upper level npc villians - new power pools.

And new costume parts and base peices for both Heros and Villians.

Anything for people at lower levels? They have given me a free reactivation for the weekend. I have only one 40+ character and he has been nerfed so much I stopped playing him long ago.

A friend wanted to make some new characters. Turns out I can't play low level anymore. I've done it SO many times by now that there's little entertainment in it for me now.

Anyone got a Physx capable card yet?

I 7 definatly helps the Villain side. The Mayhem Missions for ANY level is just great. Thats probable one of the best things about City of Heroes/Villains. Now that the Villains have caught up to the Heroes. I really do hope heroes do get something new (other then a PvP area) next Issue.

New high level zone?? why?? How many charictors will someone have at these high leveles? I would imagine that even a dedidicated long time player will only have a small handfull of charictors at these levels. However howmany charictors will you have in the low and mid levels? Lots, piticularly considering that all charictors begin low level. So to me it would make more sence to make new low level zones, and to revamp the low level dungions. You can only fight thugs in nearly identical office buildings or nearly identical warehouses so many times before it becomes dull. How hard would it be to put some new maps and textures into these? Wait, I need to somehow tell this to the COH people.

On the other hand it doesn't take long to out level the low level zones. When you get to the high levels (40+) it takes a long time to level so you spend a lot longer in the zone.

New high level zone?? why?? How many charictors will someone have at these high leveles? I would imagine that even a dedidicated long time player will only have a small handfull of charictors at these levels. However howmany charictors will you have in the low and mid levels? Lots' date=' piticularly considering that all charictors begin low level. So to me it would make more sence to make new low level zones, and to revamp the low level dungions. You can only fight thugs in nearly identical office buildings or nearly identical warehouses so many times before it becomes dull. How hard would it be to put some new maps and textures into these? Wait, I need to somehow tell this to the COH people.[/quote']