City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

My problem with the invasions is that, at least in Virtue, it tends to be Lag Central.

Any problems with that in other servers?

Champion is usually one of the least used servers, but in the invasion zone, I've seen up to 6 spawns of the zone. So very much so.

Lag fest. I did have a lesser lag when I was finding solo invaders in alleys of Kings Row. On Justice, btw.

Over on Talos, I'm not sure what was going on. Sometimes a power would seem to go off...

A was only on for a very short tme last night, while in Talos, it was taking over 2 minutes to fire off one of my powers while an invasion was taking place. Then in the War Zone, I was killed by lag.

Well' date=' I think one thing that would help would be removing all the citizens and vehicles when an invasion occurs. Makes no sense for them to be there anyways. I mean, do the words "TAKE COVER" mean anything?[/quote']

Good point. Maybe you should go suggest that to the devs.

Of course, when I am running an instanced bank robbery with my villain, there are hordes of civilians roaming the halls, all of them with the ability to push me out of the way. Me, Lord Grimblefig, the only one capable of toppling that eight-legged freak and leading Arachnos to true GLORY, and then on to RULE THE WORLD! BWAAAHAAHAAHAA!

oh, sorry.

Lags been good for me lately. If I log into the main (#1) Rikti War Zone, it may take the server anywheres between 1 and 15 seconds to respond, but most anywhere else the lag is mostly un-noticeable.

People having problems: Do check for viruses and spy-ware. Also maybe shut down extra (tool-bar) programs. I can run CoH and iTunes streaming radio and both will run ok.

Also, I'm finding a get a lot of Vanguard Merits killing Rikti outside and during raids. Rikti raids in Cap au Diable and Nerva Archipelago are gold mines. I think I got 12 merits between both during one raid last night. Join a team and start beating Rikti.

If you need help, look me up. The bots are great for clearing out Rikti and getting shinies.

In the Rikti War Zone, doing the raid versus the mothership will net you around 150 merits per raid. And getting the Vanguard storage sack is darn useful, if you're like me with tons of invention salvage collecting around. (Though I've given up and started bidding on the 3 million bits lately...)

Yeah I know what you're saying. I just broke down and bought a Deific Weapon for 1.1 mil.

Any by "raid" I meant invasion in lower level zones, not mother-ship raids. I'm level 37, no mother-ship raids for me.

In the Rikti War Zone' date=' doing the raid versus the mothership will net you around 150 merits per raid. And getting the Vanguard storage sack is darn useful, if you're like me with tons of invention salvage collecting around. (Though I've given up and started bidding on the 3 million bits lately...)[/quote']

Of course, with the Vanguard invention stuff costing so much (minimum 50, with the neat stuff costing several hundred) and only using Vanguard Merit and Influence, it takes forever for those of us who tend to solo more to get anything. I just got the Hro D'Toz (sp?) mission, and I think I just recently passed the 50 VM point.

Thank goodness several of the missions have built-in help (in the form of rescued Vanguard/Longbow/friendly Rikti/etc.), or I probably wouldn't be that far.

Even though my VM is slow to accumulate, Influence is doing much better. My main (lvl 44 magic defender) has usually between 7-12 million Influence. Soloing missions at increased difficulty, and auctioning recipes I cannot use helps keep that up. So I can bid several million on Hamidon Goo, for one recipe.

Of course' date=' with the Vanguard invention stuff costing so much (minimum 50, with the neat stuff costing several hundred) and only using Vanguard Merit and Influence, it takes forever for those of us who tend to solo more to get anything. I just got the Hro D'Toz (sp?) mission, and I think I just recently passed the 50 VM point. [/quote']

Just myself, I recently passed the 150 VM mark. I've bought the chest armor piece and the belt. Boots are next.

My main (lvl 44 magic defender) has usually between 7-12 million Influence.

Same. I had 7.4 mil at one point. Purchasing recipes like Miracle: Heal which cost a lot themselves and have expensive salvage like Deific Weapons, Mu Vestments and the gem stone thingy, I'm down to 4 mil right now.

Joining a ship raid is pretty easy. Last night my team had 4 50s and 4 38-44s.

To prevent exploits, if a mastermind is Sidekicked/Lackey'd, and then goes out of range, all your pets die immediately. It's a large pain. I figured I'd get a least to 38, get Force Bubble which should help with defense, then try to maybe join as a buffer, mainly, as I don't expect the bots to actually do much damage.

Also, I'm finding a get a lot of Vanguard Merits killing Rikti outside and during raids. Rikti raids in Cap au Diable and Nerva Archipelago are gold mines. I think I got 12 merits between both during one raid last night. Join a team and start beating Rikti.

I'm guessing you have to complete the first story arc in the war zone to get Merit? I ask because I just fought in one in Talos and got no merit, the character hasn't been to the zone yet.

I'm guessing you have to complete the first story arc in the war zone to get Merit? I ask because I just fought in one in Talos and got no merit' date=' the character hasn't been to the zone yet.[/quote']

I'm not sure, but I think that's right. Maybe not the first arc, I think you just have to "join Vanguard" which comes up pretty early (first?) in Levantera's missions.

I'm not sure' date=' but I think that's right. Maybe not the first arc, I think you just have to "join Vanguard" which comes up pretty early (first?) in Levantera's missions.[/quote']

Yeah, finally got around to running it with Miss Howler. You can start earning Merit after talking to Lady Grey, which is the third mish or so.

To prevent exploits, if a mastermind is Sidekicked/Lackey'd, and then goes out of range, all your pets die immediately. It's a large pain.

It's not immediatly. Otherwise you'd have to redo your pets everytime you go up an elevator. I think it's about 30 seconds or so. Of course, because of the lvl 54 mobs on the ship, everyone might die anyway. ;)

Just need good lackey management is all.

It's another free weekend in City of Heroes/Villains. This weekend 3rd through 5th, old accounts have reactivated and can be played free.

They have a new name policy. If you have an inactive account, you may loose names on characters under level 6. Might wanna check to see if there's any low level toons you want to save, either by leveling up or actually forking over some moolah.

What I am gathering from the thread there are a few HeroFolks ™ in CoX. Here is the list I have gathered.

Hero Boards Name COX Global Handle Server

Enforcer84 @Ithecles Pinnacle

gojira @Hero Gojira Champion

Dynamo @Thunderfire Champion

lemming @Lemming Justice

James Gillen @HERO 5er Champion

proditor @Proditor Champion or Pinnacle

Catacomb @Ahgasbane Champion

Lunistra @promstar Victory

GreyGuardian @greyguardian

Tim Champion

input.jack @BlackBat

Supreme Serpent @AtomAnt Triumph

@Grey Pilgram Champion

Global Channels:

Hero Boards

Supergroups:

Eurostar (CoV)

the Hero System (Champion - Send tell to @HERO 5er)

Jvstive, Inc. (Pinnacle)

The Scions (Champion)

Anything else out there? I realize that it is the social aspects of the game that make it most interesting.

Yep...mine's @Armory1. Usually on Pinnacle, but I've got alts everywhere.