City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

And based on how laggy it gets at times' date=' consolidating servers would just make that problem worse.[/quote']

City zones instance if there is a large load on. So combining servers shouldn't affect lag significantly. Since upgrading my computer's memory to 2 gb and getting a new video card I haven't seen lag associated with large groups of characters (ie the consignment market or atlas on the plaza).

Following the Double XP Weekend last week I've punched, kicked and slapped my way to Level 31. And thanks to the rather absurd new economic rules I have, with practically no effort, acquired more than seventeen million influence, just by hitting things and putting the salvage up for auction. As a solo Scrapper I get so much salvage that I'm practically becoming a megacorporation.

Surely things will have to change. There's way too much cash floating around right now.

Following the Double XP Weekend last week I've punched, kicked and slapped my way to Level 31. And thanks to the rather absurd new economic rules I have, with practically no effort, acquired more than seventeen million influence, just by hitting things and putting the salvage up for auction. As a solo Scrapper I get so much salvage that I'm practically becoming a megacorporation.

Surely things will have to change. There's way too much cash floating around right now.

Do you build a lot of crafted Enhancements? If not, you should have lots of cash.

Do you build a lot of crafted Enhancements? If not' date=' you should have lots of cash.[/quote']

That's the thing, really. I haven't even bothered with building anything because I have so much cash I don't need to. My Scrapper hardly takes any serious damage as it is and most missions provided only a modest challenge unless I turn up the difficulty level (Regen Scrapper - the soloist's weapon of choice!) so I can't say I've been interested in building items. If I want any I have so much cash I can just buy them (I bought one, just to see what the fuss was about). The big money seems to be spent on costume enhancements, but again I'm very happy with the way my hero looks.

None of this is a problem, per se, it just takes away part of the challenge of the game. I expect we'll be seeing some refinements to the system in future updates.

Running a solo regen scrapper are pretty unstoppable except versus some elite bosses and AVs.

Go into an average nemesis mission with an eight man team, you can get blown to pieces if you're not careful.

Though two Rikti bosses hitting you at the same time with their swords could kill you even before the debuff of issue 4.

On the CoH forums, Arcanaville has done some very interesting and in-depth mathematical analysis of the scrapper secondaries. One of the interesting points she makes is that /regen isn't actually the best in general: dark armor is. It's just that for SOLOing, yes; regen is better. Dark Armor actually does better in groups, but is more difficult to play. They both blow Reflexes and Invinciblity out of the water, though.

I can believe it. Invincibility used to be great, but a pain cause of the need to tport. Then they really debuffed it.

Dark is tough solo just due to the end cost. Much easier in a team environment. But most power sets have different play styles that work better depending on the size of the team.

As I recall, there's a law of diminishing returns in CoH/CoV when it comes to enhancements. I recall the third one of the same type is worth less than the others.

Does this apply to the inventions as well?

Example: I have +70% damage from two SO's. If I invent an enhancement that grants +25% damage AND +25% endurance reduction, where does that figure in mathematically? Do I get the full 25% damage? Is that diminished? Or is one of the other two damage enh diminished and that one is full effect?

Yes, the ED (enhancement diversification) cap still exists. It's just easier to reach with Inventions than it was with TO/DO/SO enhancements.

That's the main value for split Invention enhancers; normally, most people slotted for hitting the cap in 1 thing: damage, hold duration, debuff, or whatever. That would take 3 slots; the remaining 3 would be slotted with Acc/End/Rech, or some combo.

with split enhancers, you can reach or get near that cap with multiple enhancement types.

As I recall, there's a law of diminishing returns in CoH/CoV when it comes to enhancements. I recall the third one of the same type is worth less than the others.

Does this apply to the inventions as well?

Example: I have +70% damage from two SO's. If I invent an enhancement that grants +25% damage AND +25% endurance reduction, where does that figure in mathematically? Do I get the full 25% damage? Is that diminished? Or is one of the other two damage enh diminished and that one is full effect?

D] None of the above.

There are two "threshholds" over which the effect of enhancers are reduced. For most Enhancers it's 70% and 100%.

It doesn't matter how you get over those thresholds, just that you are. Could be with 10 Training Enhancers, if you could slot that many in a single power, 3 SO's, or one of each type TO/DO/SO/HO/ect.

In your example the "total" increase to Damage would be redueced from 95% to about 91.25%

On the CoH forums' date=' Arcanaville has done some very interesting and in-depth mathematical analysis of the scrapper secondaries. One of the interesting points she makes is that /regen isn't actually the best in general: dark armor is. It's just that for SOLOing, yes; regen is better. Dark Armor actually does better in groups, but is more difficult to play. They both blow Reflexes and Invinciblity out of the water, though.

Thanks for the link. My MA/Invulnerability scrapper has no issues solo (or in groups for that matter) but I am curious about the other sets.

Is Black Bat a new character or an old one? And what is your global?

Black Bat is an old character. I started him during the first few minutes of the Three Day Head Start, after Beta.

I just level really slowly.

I dont get to play COH for huge blocks of time. Im gaming in tabletop games something like three days a week, and running a game on one of them, in addition to artwork and cardstocks (which is artwork I guess >_<), and all the other junk I do.

And loafing. Lets not forget the loafing.

So hes only about 17th Level now.

I also took a looong break from COH after Issue 5 came out.

My global is @BlackBat, I think. Im not sure.