City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

The easiest way to get better performance is to add memory. 1 to 2 gigs of RAM will speed loading immensely. New video cards are expensive; try the Options in the main menu. Go to the Video and Audio tab and crank the Graphics all the way down to Minimum. There's a four position slider that allows you to turn off most features, the game should be playable on most anything like that.

Well, I plan on getting a new computer shortly after Christmas anyway.

Best... name... ever! :D

Thankyew!

I just do mine manually, in Notepad. Then load 'em. /bindloadfile, I think.

Here's my file for my mastermind:

numpad0 "bind numpad4 petcomall agg$$bind numpad5 petcomall def$$bind numpad6 petcomall pass$$bind numpad7 petcomall att$$bind numpad9 petcomall fol$$bind numpad8 petcomall goto"

numpad1 "bind numpad4 petcompow batt agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow batt def$$bind numpad6 petcompow batt pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow batt att$$bind numpad9 petcompow batt fol$$bind numpad8 petcompow batt goto" 

numpad2 "bind numpad4 petcompow prot agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow prot def$$bind numpad6 petcompow prot pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow prot att$$bind numpad9 petcompow prot fol$$bind numpad8 petcompow prot goto" 

numpad3 "bind numpad4 petcompow assa agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow assa def$$bind numpad6 petcompow assa pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow assa att$$bind numpad9 petcompow assa fol$$bind numpad8 petcompow assa goto" 

divide "bind numpad4 petcomname Al agg$$bind numpad5 petcomname Al def$$bind numpad6 petcomname Al pass$$bind numpad7 petcomname Al att$$bind numpad9 petcomname Al fol$$bind numpad8 petcomname Al goto" 

multiply "bind numpad4 petcomname Be agg$$bind numpad5 petcomname Be def$$bind numpad6 petcomname Be pass$$bind numpad7 petcomname Be att$$bind numpad9 petcomname Be fol$$bind numpad8 petcomname Be goto" 

subtract "bind numpad4 petcomname Gam agg$$bind numpad5 petcomname Gam def$$bind numpad6 petcomname Gam pass$$bind numpad7 petcomname Gam att$$bind numpad9 petcomname Gam fol$$bind numpad8 petcomname Gam goto"

add "bind numpad4 petcomname De agg$$bind numpad5 petcomname De def$$bind numpad6 petcomname De pass$$bind numpad7 petcomname De att$$bind numpad9 petcomname De fol$$bind numpad8 petcomname De goto"

decimal "bind numpad4 petcomname Ep agg$$bind numpad5 petcomname Ep def$$bind numpad6 petcomname Ep pass$$bind numpad7 petcomname Ep att$$bind numpad9 petcomname Ep fol$$bind numpad8 petcomname Ep goto"

lcontrol+lbutton petcompow batt agg goto

v "local Hello, I am $name, a level $level $archetype. $battlecry" 

F11 "em hi$$local Hello.  I'm $name, a $origin $archetype and a Pisces.  I believe in unfettered villainy and pushing people off rooftops."

lcontrol+b "b Level $level $archetype Bot/Bubble LFT!"

lcontrol+p "group $target, prepare to be teleported to my location.$$powexec_name Recall Friend" 

lcontrol+F12 petcom_all Dismiss

lcontrol+x petcom_all agg stay

lalt+x petcom_all def stay

lcontrol+z petcom_all def fol

F10 "g $Battlecry Attack!!!"

lcontrol+F10 "l $Battlecry Attack!!!"

lcontrol+k "petsay_all Exterminate... $Target ...$$petcomall att"

lshift+A assist

F12 say Test

Pop on over to the CoH forums, in the Mastermind section. I'm often there, and lots of keybind help is available there in general. MM use keybinds like nobody else.

Most Masterminds skip their personal attacks anyway. I did. Just starting out the attacks can help speed leveling. After level 26 (Assault Bot) they are pointless' date=' and after level 32 (Upgrade Robot) the personal attacks are a joke.[/quote']My Dr Doom homage, Dr Negatron, is Robo/FF. The Forcefield powers look like decent powerarmor effects and I skipped the personal attacks from the primary. To quote Vic Von Doom himself, "Doom does not engage in fisticuffs."

EDIT: OK, that was actually a Doombot speaking, but that fact isn't established until a couple months later in another title.

Since FF is low-maintenance, I'm freed up to concentrate on controlling my bots, making Dr Negatron a different experience from my other MMs, who keep me busy debuffing or planting droppables or shooting stuff up (can't resist taking all the pistol attacks on my thugs/*).

I want to create bind files for my heroes and villains, make use of the number pad and all. Catch phrases, power activation and such.

So CityBinder is pretty keen. And he has his own thread for it.

I have used CityBinder to get specific kinds of binds set up -- especially the ones that need multiple files created -- but I copy the base bind from the file that it creates to my character's bind file. It is quite useful for generating all of those little bind files, though.

I got the Logitech G15 keyboard for Christmas last year. Loads and loads of extra buttons to program! :D

I have not been able to live without my Nostromo™ SpeedPad n52 since I got it a couple of years ago. If I set it up properly, I hardly ever have to take my hands off the n52 and mouse (except to chat).

For CoH, I set it up the main (unshifted) set to activate the things in the primary tray (showing tray 1), the red shift to do the secondary tray (showing tray 2), and the green shift to do the tertiary tray, then I use the red shifted wheel to cycle the tertiary tray through the available trays. It works well for me, even if it sounds confusing.

I got the Logitech G15 keyboard for Christmas last year. Loads and loads of extra buttons to program! :D

FYI: I was looking for the latest update to CityBinder, when I discovered a little thing called HeroLCD that puts CoH information on the G15 LCD. Note that you have to be running HeroStats for it to work, though.

This looks like a way to get the information from HeroStats, without having it take up any of the CoH play screen.

Just though you would find it interesting.

FYI: I was looking for the latest update to CityBinder' date=' when I discovered a little thing called HeroLCD that puts CoH information on the G15 LCD. Note that you have to be running HeroStats for it to work, though.

This looks like a way to get the information from HeroStats, without having it take up any of the CoH play screen.

Just though you would find it interesting.

For my LCD screen I've been using CoHLCD from Duck L'Orange. I'm not sure how much he is supporting it right now, but the DING! graphic (think vintage Batman TV series style flash cards) sold me. As far as I can tell you only need to have HeroStats installed, not running, for CoHLCD.

Oh, and I gots me a Nostromo N52 SpeedPad too. Buttons, buttons, buttons! :ugly:

As always happens with me, one upgrade rolled into another, and another...

I bought the 28" monitor. Then I decided to bump up the video card. I took the opportunity to pull the much higher powered power supply from another computer I took offline last year and install it in my current one. Then I bought a second gig of RAM.

The graphics processing power difference is very noticable, and when I turn off CoH my other programs don't take forever to load like they used to :thumbup:

Got to team with Gojira last night...Lots of fun for some starter heroes...Thanks.

@ pukha - Look me up in game some time I am on most servers and have characters ranging from 1-50.

And now Hero Gojira is no longer on my Global friends list...Me am sad....

Perhaps he didn't have as much fun as I did...

:(

Got to team with Gojira last night...Lots of fun for some starter heroes...Thanks.

@ pukha - Look me up in game some time I am on most servers and have characters ranging from 1-50.

Expect a /gfriend request from @Tyger FenianB, fellow city dweller.

Most Masterminds skip their personal attacks anyway. I did. Just starting out the attacks can help speed leveling. After level 26 (Assault Bot) they are pointless, and after level 32 (Upgrade Robot) the personal attacks are a joke.

Take the personal attacks now if you like (the 2nd Rifle one is decent). Plan on using a repec to remove them later.

My Ninja/Dark miasma has none of the primary attack powers. DM is so full of awesome goodness and the primary powers were better used on my minions.

My Ninja/Dark miasma has none of the primary attack powers. DM is so full of awesome goodness and the primary powers were better used on my minions.

Nice.

I've reduced my graphics value and I found a couple of odd "always running" programs that I shut down and I'm not quite so laggy. But it's still bad. Since the car died though I am hesitant about buying a new computer incase I have to buy a new car...ugh.

I tarted-up the Legion of Heroes supergroup base on Champion. We have a control room now and a small workshop. There's also a base salvage rack and some minor decorations. Any newbie items folks care to make, like a telepad, would be great.

I'd like to respect the couple of toons I have in LoH, so I'm going to avoid leveling them until someone is on to re-invite me.

We have about 30k prestige left now, not enough to do anything with (like make a teleporter room with a telepad, or a medical bay with a rez ring) but we can add bits as folks like and prestige allows.