City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Yep...mine's @Armory1. Usually on Pinnacle' date=' but I've got alts everywhere.[/quote']

Oh yes.. I tried to add you to my friends list.. says you're not accepting global invites. Is your global list full or did you turn off invites?

I'm mainly on Virtue but have recently started some alts on Champion. I've been playing WoW for a bit but have returned to CoX for some tail whuppin' action.

The upcoming server transfer feature should allow us to bring all the Hero gamers under one roof. Legion of Heroes taken as a supergroup already?

Edit: my global handle is '@Tyger FenianB'.

Just participated in a raid repulsion in Talos. Got 11 Merit in the time' date=' and it wasn't even really heavy as not many people were on.[/quote']

Go on a Mothership raid. Galaxy Girl II (50 inv/str tank) got about 300 merits and it was a total blast. Maybe some screenshots of GG2's new Vanguard Valkyrie outfit when I get home tonight.

4 Defeats though. Watch those Rikti Magus mobs; they're worse than the Heavy Power Armor mobs. A lot worse. Ouch.

Hero Boards Name COX Global Handle Server

Dynamo @Thunderfire Champion

Global Channels:

Hero Boards

Minor clarification: I'm on every server with no particular favorite (except for weekly SG on Guardian on Tuesday and VG on Triumph on Thursday). I'll gleefully swap toons to come team-up with Heroites. I think I'm still an operator on the Hero Boards channel, so you can send me a /tell for an invite.

Holy crap, I'm not even sure I want to start reading this thread. It's been active since 2004?!?

I will say I've been playing CoH/CoV since they first came out, though I only have 1 lvl 50 char (Claw/Invul Scrapper on Champions named Knight Hawk). I really loved the simplicity of the game, you get right in and you're not fighting rats, your pounding on gangs. No loot to worry about, just get your power and off you go.

I haven't played as much lately, been doing a lot of Lord Of The Rings Online, though I still have an active account (really wish they'd offer a lifetime membership pricing like LotRO had). I hop on every now and then with Jag (MindController) or Thorongil (StoneTank) both in their low 30s.

-shnar

Holy crap' date=' I'm not even sure I want to start reading this thread. It's been active since 2004?!?[/quote']

Yes, it has, but it tends to get a little slow in between Issue releases and special events. I wouldn't worry about it, just go back 2 or 3 pages and start there, unless you really want to read the discussion about Issue 3.:)

Hey fellow Heroes! I was thinking about reactivating my account in COH, but I had a question or two for those who are currently active.

When I left, which was around Issue 3, there were a few reasons, so how have these changed, if at all, since then:

1. I left after the level cap was raised to 50. Leveling at that point was a massive experience grind, and the only missions I had available were AV missions requiring a huge group. The fights and zones were simply uninspired and boring. How's the path from the low-mid 40s to level cap looking now? Is the cap still at 50?

2. It seems like we now have something besides enhancements to spend our Influence on. Do any of these add anything to the game play? Just plain looking cool counts, here, as that's one of the nice things about CoH.

3. At the time I left, Blasters had just taken a huge cut in damage output, specifically AR/Dev blasters. What's the current state of (esp. AR/DEV) blasters? Are we able to solo higher level outdoor content again?

4. At the time I left, my tank (mid-20s or 30s, I forget; Invuln/Energy) would take about a week and a half to kill anything. Have non-fire tanks gotten any better solo ability? And that leads to...

5. Has the player base learned how to use a tank/healer/dps setup? I remember the basic atmosphere being of a bunch of soloers running around, and tanks not really being appreciated for their group role, save by a small group of people with experience in other games. While it's nice that you didn't actually have to have a tank in a lot of groups, it did make it a bit annoying to be play one in most groups.

6. One of the things that I liked was that the GMs were pretty responsive when there was a serious issue. Is the in game support still good?

7. I recall an announcement about characters on inactive accounts losing their names. Later on, but not too soon after, there was another announcement retracting the first. Did anyone lose their names? Were they high levels or were they just targeting lower level alts being used to reserve names? What's my risk of having to rename Sureshot to Player5841863?

8. Speaking of lower level alts, I do have a few I was working on. Have any lower or middle level zones been added?

9. Is there anything else you can tell me that'll make me want to rush on over to COH right this instant and sign back up?

1. I left after the level cap was raised to 50. Leveling at that point was a massive experience grind, and the only missions I had available were AV missions requiring a huge group. The fights and zones were simply uninspired and boring. How's the path from the low-mid 40s to level cap looking now? Is the cap still at 50?

Level Cap is still 50, There are alot more higher level zones and missions now, as well as Radio Missions when your contacts run out

2. It seems like we now have something besides enhancements to spend our Influence on. Do any of these add anything to the game play? Just plain looking cool counts, here, as that's one of the nice things about CoH

New Costume Pieces, Wings, Inventions, & Invention salvage Make Invention Enhancements that dont have to be Changed everycouple of levels

3. At the time I left, Blasters had just taken a huge cut in damage output, specifically AR/Dev blasters. What's the current state of (esp. AR/DEV) blasters? Are we able to solo higher level outdoor content again?

4. At the time I left, my tank (mid-20s or 30s, I forget; Invuln/Energy) would take about a week and a half to kill anything. Have non-fire tanks gotten any better solo ability? And that leads to...

Havent played a Blaster or Tanker in awhile so I cant answer these

5. Has the player base learned how to use a tank/healer/dps setup? I remember the basic atmosphere being of a bunch of soloers running around, and tanks not really being appreciated for their group role, save by a small group of people with experience in other games. While it's nice that you didn't actually have to have a tank in a lot of groups, it did make it a bit annoying to be play one in most groups.

Just have to get your self in a good Supergroup who plays often and teams well. It's always a crap shoot when you team with just anyone out of the blue

6. One of the things that I liked was that the GMs were pretty responsive when there was a serious issue. Is the in game support still good?

Yes It is

7. I recall an announcement about characters on inactive accounts losing their names. Later on, but not too soon after, there was another announcement retracting the first. Did anyone lose their names? Were they high levels or were they just targeting lower level alts being used to reserve names? What's my risk of having to rename Sureshot to Player5841863?

Link to recent articale on it http://www.coh.com/news/archives/2007/07/city_of_heroes_30.html

8. Speaking of lower level alts, I do have a few I was working on. Have any lower or middle level zones been added?

Faultine has been in a state of repair, & there is the Hollows dont remeber what issue that came in

9. Is there anything else you can tell me that'll make me want to rush on over to COH right this instant and sign back up?

"The skies over Paragon City are filled with dark grey thunderheads. It is the same in the Rogue Isles, Europe, and across the globe. Small ships dart through the heavy weather … and there are so very many of them.

The Rikti™ have returned."

http://www.cityofheroes.com/game_update10.html

Hope I Helped

Well, I re-upped my account @ithecles is back on.

Hey, is there a way to use characters as "Name Holders"? I made a new character tonight and and my concept changed as I was doing the costume/origin and now I want a different Origin/Powerset, can I simply delete her and use the name right afterwards or is there a waiting period?

Hey, is there a way to use characters as "Name Holders"? I made a new character tonight and and my concept changed as I was doing the costume/origin and now I want a different Origin/Powerset, can I simply delete her and use the name right afterwards or is there a waiting period?

If your quick Yes, you should be able to delete the Character remake him and get the same name. I have had it happen to me were I lingered to long with the costume and lost the name.

Well, I re-upped my account @ithecles is back on.

Durak is still in Eurostar so bring him back on also.

Well, just reactivated. Looks like my Liberty characters all avoided the name loss. On Champion, every single character is level 6, so probably all lost their names. That actually made me laugh. So far, the only one I renamed was my little fire/fire tank, Fire-Bug. He's now Devil Bug. That's sort of cool enough in a generic way, I guess. =)

Well, going to log back in and redo my keybindings and stuff, and check the rest of my characters.

Guys had any experience with high resolutions in Coh/cov?

I ask because I got a new 28" monitor. While it and my video card can suppoert 1900x1200, when I try to log in I get a message that it exceeds the limit and has been reset to 800x600. So I've been slowly moving the dial down. 1280x960, which is technically a lower rez than my old monitor was at (1280x1024) but then it had a different aspect.

The problem with a rez that low on a monitor this big is that it makes everything look crappy! The edges of the characters are jagged and everything looks cheap now.

Never thought a bigger monitor would hurt my interest in the game, but it has.

Since each reset of the rez in-game requires a restart of the game, I just spent about 40 minutes trying out resolutions.

Guys had any experience with high resolutions in Coh/cov?

I ask because I got a new 28" monitor. While it and my video card can suppoert 1900x1200, when I try to log in I get a message that it exceeds the limit and has been reset to 800x600. So I've been slowly moving the dial down. 1280x960, which is technically a lower rez than my old monitor was at (1280x1024) but then it had a different aspect.

The problem with a rez that low on a monitor this big is that it makes everything look crappy! The edges of the characters are jagged and everything looks cheap now.

Never thought a bigger monitor would hurt my interest in the game, but it has.

Since each reset of the rez in-game requires a restart of the game, I just spent about 40 minutes trying out resolutions.

It may be your memory? And COH does have an upper limit on rez. I run a 1024x760 on a 19" wide screen.