Character type specific weapons

Mightybec

• 2 years later...

Re: Character type specific weapons

Huh, I don't even remember seeing this thread before. :confused: Well, as long as it's back now, and I'm here, I might as well try to give legitimate answers:

STR Drain attacks are great against bricks; not to many of them have any or much Power Defense, and they often try to just soak up ranged attacks so they're easy to hit.

AoE Entangles work great against martial artists and speedsters; they don't usually have enough STR to break out of them right away, and DCV is often their primary defense.

I've scored some notable successes with Flash vs. Sight and Mental Sense Groups against mentalists; usually leaves them with no way to target their opponents.

I'll see what else I can come up with. :)

• 2 months later...

My speedster, possible the fastest thing in the whole campaign has a neat trick against other speedsters. He waits till they attempt a move through/ moveby, sidesteps then creates his forcewall right in front of them. If hes really in a bad mood they get grabbed, then he runs at his max atmosphere velocity of 700km per second and lets go....Not only is it a somewhat ironic death for a speedster, no-one has yet found the corpses. :eg:

ARGENT at work

Welcome future customer, to ARGENT's Agent enhancement armory. I know we'll find something that suits you or your henchmen in whatever pursuits you need. Today's specials deal with hindering or harming those exceptionally gifted individuals who seem to have nothing better than to do than meddle in the affairs of others.

27 The Thumper-Hearing Group Flash 10d6, Does Knockback (+1/4), Double Knockback (+3/4), OAF(-1), 10 Charges (-1/4)

This state of the art rifle may look like a chrome plated blunderbuss, but I assure you, it's quite suited to it's task. There comes a time when you may encounter opposition that you want more than anything, to knock on it's rear. That's where the Thumper comes in. It produces a highly focused sound blast that hammers all but the most stable foes off their feet. The deafening that occurs is actually not the main intent of the weapon, but we find it nicely sets up many targets for attacks from angles their eyes may not be facing. After all, they'll surely not hear the foot steps after that first deafening THUMP.

30 The Ignitor- Energy Blast 7d6 Energy Blast NND(+1, defense is target possessing personal Immunity, or Absorption of own energy type, or not being a natural Energy Projector at all), OAF(-1), Can not do more stun than target's own attack's max roll(-1/4), 10 Charges (-1/4) AND +1 OCV

The sleek "Ignitor" is a favorite here at ARGENT, and for good reason. Those superhumans that can naturally create, channel, and project energy will be facing karma wrought by science! The unique radiations projected act as a catalyst that turn the projectors's own powers against himself as his cells ignite with the same energy, only internally. Because it internal, it bypasses the projectors's external defenses entirely. Some few projectors, those immune to their own energies or able to redigest them, are unaffected by the ignitor (We're working on that) but they are hardly the norm. Since many of these projectors are nimble fliers, we've added a gyroscope counter balance on the rifle.

7 Gulliver Goggles- Enhanced Perception (Sight Sense group) +6, OIF (-1), Only to counteract target size penalities (-3/4)

Shooting a foe does you little good if you can't see them. Infra red lenses, Ultraviolet specs; rather dull and pedestrian methods of dealing with foes, and totally ineffective against certain small fry who cause no end of hassle. Essentially, these owlish looking goggles are top of the line digital enhancers(transparent wiring is a wonder), giving an almost exaggerated 3-D effect to your world making shrunken targets stick out more than they normally would. It's also useful for detailed work on circuitry or surgery, but really, most of our customers who buy this are just tired of getting nailed by a cheap chin shot from under their feet.

Hammer and Tongs-

30 Hammer: Hand Attack, +6d6, Penetrating (+1/2) Reduced Endurance (0 END,+1/2), HA(-1/2), OIF(-1/2)

18 Tongs: Strength +30, Reduced Endurance: (0 END, +1/2) Only to Grab and Hold (-1) PLUS Extra Limbs (Can act as two limbs for purpose of holding target), OIF(-1/2)

Perhaps you're one of those who prefers to get "in the face" of those you are attacking? We have something that might appeal to your sense of whimsy. The H&T gauntlet set may look clumsy and unwieldy, but there is a method to our madness. The "Tongs" gauntlet, which looks much like it's name sake crossed with a metallic kitchen mitten, is ideal for gripping foes and holding them fast. The Hammer, well, that gauntlet is for hurting folks, and it's specially engineered ridges often slip through the toughest hero hides. One can outfit a group of agents with two each, or try to give space them out alternatively if one has the henchmen to spare so they supplement each other. Ambidexterity is a plus here. We are, by the way, working on the "Jack Hammer and Tongs", but it's not finalized yet. ARGENT is always on the move.

What' date=' not loving the sale? :)[/quote']

Great stuff you've got there, Mr. Hermit. I'll take 500 of each. Please ship them to ORBIT's Millennium City headquarters. Half of the funds will be wired to your offshore account now. The other half upon receipt of goods.

I just got to see this post tonight. I was out of town all week, without Internet access. It was hell. :D

These items are great. Consider them "borrowed".

Love the ARGENT weapons! In fact I like 'em so much I made an HD prefab of them.

Thanks, Alric. I was gonna do that this PM, when I got home from work. Now I can work on something else. Rep to you. :thumbup: