etherio

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Game Maps and Counters Exchange

Bump.

While I'm here - since all the attachment for counters have been deleted, I don't know what they look like, so I don't know what folks would want! Could someone post an example file? Or would 'stand-ups' be better? I have the technology to produce either. Now, the time to produce them is another matter...

Try this:

Go to http://zho.berka.com/goodies/hex/qh.html

Make your hex grid as you like (size, density, color). Then, in an image processing program (or in PowerPoint) make the background transparent. Ta Da! Instant hex grid to overlay over any blueprint or map that you find.

Or, if you prefer (like I do) to have moveable objects, you can have the map/blueprint on the bottom layer, the transparent hext grid on top of that, then items like chairs, desks, cars, etc. on top for the bricks to throw around.

Neil

This website has a zillion different floor plans, for almost any style house you can think of. Just go to the Browse by Type/Style box on the left, pick your style, and then pick the house you want. There is an exterior pic as well. The plans show measurements for the rooms, so that you can scale a hex grid over the plan.

• 1 month later...

All the counters got deleted?!? YOINKS! And I was just getting ready to start a FTF game. Well, at lesat it explains as I flipped through the thread why I couldn't seem to actually find attachments. How can we get those babies back?

All the counters got deleted?!? YOINKS! And I was just getting ready to start a FTF game. Well' date=' at lesat it explains as I flipped through the thread why I couldn't seem to actually find attachments. How can we get those babies back?[/quote']

Try Silent Empire. His are pretty nice, and perfectly sized for HERO.

All the counters got deleted?!? YOINKS! And I was just getting ready to start a FTF game. Well' date=' at lesat it explains as I flipped through the thread why I couldn't seem to actually find attachments. How can we get those babies back?[/quote']

They were taking up too much space . I think that most of those were Etherio's. Maybe you can e-mail or PM him, and he might be able to zip and e-mail them to you. It's worth a try. :)

I had a bunch of counters posted for supers games. They were available as both the 'headshot-with-little-arrows' variety and as standup minis. Let me know if supers counters interest you and what style you'd like and I'll email them to you.

Here's a sample of each. Posting them all takes up a lot of our hosts' space.

I had a bunch of counters posted for supers games. They were available as both the 'headshot-with-little-arrows' variety and as standup minis. Let me know if supers counters interest you and what style you'd like and I'll email them to you.

I can host them if you like.

I've got 1/16" scale plans for an alien or future mining factory with 5 levels, plus exterior view, if anyone's interested. Together they're small enough to print on two sheets of 8½ x 11" paper, but they still have "square hexes" to show Hero scale (2 meters per hex.).

I've also got standardized deck plans for an octagonal space station (habitat, concourse, and hanger decks) done on the same scale (done to full 1" hex = 2 meters scale the map for each deck would be almost 9 feet across!); plus exterior view. (My station has 32 decks, so done to 1 inch = 32 meters it's almost 16 inches long.) These are blank so you can put in appropriate things in the various rooms as needed.

They're pretty large files, but I think I still have enough space in the Hero attachments space to fit them. Or someone else can host them.

I've got 1/16" scale plans for an alien or future mining factory with 5 levels, plus exterior view, if anyone's interested. Together they're small enough to print on two sheets of 8½ x 11" paper, but they still have "square hexes" to show Hero scale (2 meters per hex.).

I've also got standardized deck plans for an octagonal space station (habitat, concourse, and hanger decks) done on the same scale (done to full 1" hex = 2 meters scale the map for each deck would be almost 9 feet across!); plus exterior view. (My station has 32 decks, so done to 1 inch = 32 meters it's almost 16 inches long.) These are blank so you can put in appropriate things in the various rooms as needed.

They're pretty large files, but I think I still have enough space in the Hero attachments space to fit them. Or someone else can host them.

I gotta have both. Please...

I gotta have both. Please...
I was going to post the exterior view of the mining complex now, but I can't get anything to upload to Hero. I keep getting a "cannot find server" error. Maybe Dan's doing some housekeeping on the site. I'll try again later.

I want to add keys to the deck plans first, but I'll try to complete that this weekend and post them.

I can appreciate that, and in all fairness easily understand. Now as far as the samples provided... YOWZA! Either would be terrific! Soneone's Paint Shop skills are superb. I'd ask the designer folks here at the agency to do it, but then they'd be asking what client docket to put the time under, and...

The one good thing is the constant access to a colour printer!

I'd really appreciate whatever you can send me, let me know what you need to facilitate this in as easy a manner as possible.

Etherio, Treb, I'll post your stuff, but I'm travelling and on dialup, I'll do it after I get home tomorrow. Thank you (I like collecting good stuff)!

Also, since I'm on servage.net, I have 5 gig and haven't used but a couple hundred or so meg, so space is no problem.

I just saw this thread today and I love the idea. Too bad the early links are almost all dead. Back in my X-men thread I posted a link to most of my X-men paper minis. I've really become a fan of paper minis and actually think that, for me, they capture the flavor of Champions better than a lead or plastic one (after all, we are patterning our characters after drawn pictures). You can find them here.

I also have what I call "travel size Champions" that I made. The same pics I use for the minis I shrink to fit on a 1/2" chit. I can carry whole armies of badguys, vehicles, thugs and NPcs in a single folder. Good stuff, and I even have a couple of appropriately sized maps.Get them here and tell me what you think.

Gald you liked the X-men minis, they work well on a Heroclix scale and w/ Heroclix sized hexes(1.5")

The second link is still there on my site, but the "save link" option didn't work. You might want to right click on the link, click properties and highlight the destination address. Copy and paste the address into your browser's address bar and click "go". Let me know if this doesn't work. Thanks :)

Gald you liked the X-men minis, they work well on a Heroclix scale and w/ Heroclix sized hexes(1.5")

The second link is still there on my site, but the "save link" option didn't work. You might want to right click on the link, click properties and highlight the destination address. Copy and paste the address into your browser's address bar and click "go". Let me know if this doesn't work. Thanks :)

Didn't work, but your first link did. Look great - love the Sentinels! Thanks very much.

Well, your suggestion worked for me. Thanks again! Love the chits.