Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

I must be cursed or something.

I got a call from my recruiter about 20 minutes ago. She called to tell me the client hired another candidate from another agency. This is after yesterday saying they were hiring me.

Long story short: no job. This was outright cruel if you ask me. I was supposed to start on Monday. I was celebrating already. I was happy. And now I feel crushed. And worthless.

Mags

That's a pretty dick thing to do. If they're going to pull stunts like that they're probably not worth working for anyway. Of course, you're still left without an income, but it is my firm belief that no job is better than the wrong job. Wait. Well, I'm sure you can figure out what I mean.

That's a pretty dick thing to do. If they're going to pull stunts like that they're probably not worth working for anyway. Of course' date=' you're still left without an income, but it is my firm belief that no job is better than the wrong job. Wait. Well, I'm sure you can figure out what I mean.[/quote']

Thanks, Old Man. You know, I didn't think of it that way (well, I would have eventually, after the shock wore off). Apparently, this just wasn't the right job for me. And you are right, if they are going to be creeps, then they don't deserve to have me working for them.

Now I have to send an email to the other 'head hunter' and tell her I can interview for the other job again. It's not my chosen profession, but it is work.

Mags

I got a call from my recruiter about 20 minutes ago. She called to tell me the client hired another candidate from another agency. This is after yesterday saying they were hiring me.

Long story short: no job. This was outright cruel if you ask me. I was supposed to start on Monday. I was celebrating already. I was happy. And now I feel crushed. And worthless.

Mags

Awfully soffy to hear that Mags. Keep your chin up.

Mags

This is another reason why we need a raised middle-finger emoticon.

ARRGGHH!!

JG

Damnit!

Some semi-good news:

I was able to salvage that job interview I canceled on Friday (because I was hired on Thursday). I go in at 2pm tomorrow.

Pays less, but there will be opportunity for overtime. Closer in (but I still have to commute to downtown), casual office, stable company, but it's not my chosen field of work. It's temp-to-hire, but I can negotiate a higher wage upon getting hired. Let's hope this pans out.

Mags

I was able to salvage that job interview I canceled on Friday (because I was hired on Thursday). I go in at 2pm tomorrow.

Pays less, but there will be opportunity for overtime. Closer in (but I still have to commute to downtown), casual office, stable company, but it's not my chosen field of work. It's temp-to-hire, but I can negotiate a higher wage upon getting hired. Let's hope this pans out.

Congratulations and good luck.