Longest Running Thread EVER

Meanwhile, the birds are realizing the feeders in our back yard are stocked again.  I think the flickers figured it out first; this year's crop of young'uns have been hitting the suet hard.  But we had a downy woodpecker also a day or two ago, and the towhees have started scooping up the chips the woodpeckers leave behind on the ground.  The bushtits have also started swarming the suet.

The seed birds have been slower coming; only a few house finches and the nuthatch so far.  No chickadees yet.  Humorously, one Steller's jay has been coveting the sunflower seeds in it, but he's too big to sit on the perch and eat out of the seed port at the same time, so he's been doing inefficient fly-by and hover moves, which he's not well equipped for.

48 minutes ago, Cancer said:

Supposedly there is a pager function at the base station that will make the handsets beep, but the manual is long gone, and it is inobvious how to use that function.  

My cordless has exactly one button on its base. It does nothing except make the handset emit an annoying beep. 

Of of course the only reason I have it in the first place is because I haven’t gotten around to cancelling the landline. 

Female downy woodpecker at the suet feeder again a bit before dinner.  Black-capped chickadees are here, though not in the numbers we'll see in a month or two.  Haven't seen any chestnut-backed chickadees yet, which probably means they haven't been brought down from the mountains yet.  Juncos and house finches are here, and the rufous-sided towhees showed up over the weekend.

I should boil some sugar water and stock the hummingbird feeder, after I put a hole in the central well so rain won't accumulate and the chickadees start drinking out of it.  The hummingbirds were seriously offended by that last winter.

Were there four alternatives for the choices (five if "none of the above" is in the array), or more?

I admit I abandoned multiple choice back in the mid-1990s when I realized that when I wrote them, the longest answer was always the correct one.

I've slept 12 of the last 19 hours and I'm still too tired to really think straight.  Either I've been beating myself up way more than I should, I have seasonal affective disorder, I'm coming down with something, or I've been working much harder than I am used to. I list those in order of decreasing probability.