Longest Running Thread EVER

We once had a landlady that we were ninety-nine and forty-four one-hundredths percent certain was eavesdropping on our private conversations. We gave her the code name "Wombat" in the vain hope that she wouldn't realize when we were talking about her. I can tell you, that was not a sensual experience.

2 hours ago, Cancer said:

I heartily concur.   Though you could take a cue from an extinct thread of Dr Anomaly's ("52 weeks of wallpapers") and embark on one new avatar a week for a year, the more inexplicable the better.

Couldn't find the thread 52 weeks of wallpapers

Yeah, NGD was severely pruned a few years back.  Understandable.  The ones I regret losing are the original superdraft thread by Solomon, and then the Thread of Ten Thousand Names That Wouldn't Die/Yes It Can So Die/Etc.

The Fred episode happened just before I started here, so that was gone before I knew what it referred to.   I picked it up by osmosis over the next year or two.

I don't know the reference to PAID in FULL at all.

The catsuit thread vanished suddenly when there was a sudden upsurge in sites being forcibly closed due to improper use of copyrighted material.  Many people were obliged to change their avatar images as well (I know I was, but I no longer recall what my original one was).

I turn 65 in a few days.  So (having dedicatedly ignored the issues so far this year, despite an absolute deluge of junk mail from outfits trying to rook me in) I need to sign up for Social Security and Medicare.  Maybe.  Don't need Medicare immediately (since I am going to be working for another couple of years) but phrases like "late enrollment penalty" means I have to learn about it. 

I think it's just part of the unspoken truths about America (that rich people get health care when they need it, and poor people, well, lose everything to medical bills and then die) but this tends to be something where Details Matter.

Some quarter-century back I remember asking someone what they were doing with regards to retirement.  His response was: "I intend to shoot myself when I turn 65."  To that I responded: Don't shoot yourself.  Raffle off who gets to do the shooting, and then act real obnoxious to drive up the amount you get from the raffle.

John(SEA/Out) > Gah.
John(SEA/Out) has never understood Fourier transforms.
Jim(JGR/Out) taught them
Jim(JGR/Out) > WHat don't you understand?
John(SEA/Out) > Their place in the world.
Jim(JGR/Out) > THey rule
John(SEA/Out) sighs.