Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

This seems like a good place to ask this:

While I was in Ireland I kept seeing a game being played on TV that I did not recognize. It was played with a round ball and net like soccer, but they pick up and throw the ball. It also had two uprights just flanking the net. It appeared as though kicking or throwing the ball through the uprights was one way to score, in addition to getting the ball in the net. The scores were kept in x/y format.

Anyone have any idea what this sport is? I kept meaning to ask someone while I was there, but kept forgetting.

This seems like a good place to ask this:

While I was in Ireland I kept seeing a game being played on TV that I did not recognize. It was played with a round ball and net like soccer, but they pick up and throw the ball. It also had two uprights just flanking the net. It appeared as though kicking or throwing the ball through the uprights was one way to score, in addition to getting the ball in the net. The scores were kept in x/y format.

Anyone have any idea what this sport is? I kept meaning to ask someone while I was there, but kept forgetting.

L. Marcus was close.... it's Gaelic Football. The score is given in goals (ball in the net below the crossbar), worth 3 points, and points (ball goes over the crossbar between the posts).

Mid-to-low-20's (fahrenheit) last night, high 40's today. Warming up this weekend, after a miserable week of cold rain and subfreezing temps at night.

Colder when the sun's out than when it's cloudy. High winds that suck the warmth right off your body.

Bad for the South, it not officially being winter and all, but you'd probably laugh at all the people huddled up in their winter coats. I haven't bothered with mine at all; the nice, warm sweaters I wear to sustain me at work keep me plenty toasty outside, as well. Could probably stand to bring gloves.

I make do with an autumn coat all winter long. Gotta start thinking about buying new boots, though, the old pair being murder on meesa feet.

Our weather today is rather stupid. A couple of weeks ago, we had perfect winter weather, the kind you wish of for Christmas. Now it's plus five and raining.

Mid-to-low-20's (fahrenheit) last night, high 40's today. Warming up this weekend, after a miserable week of cold rain and subfreezing temps at night.

Colder when the sun's out than when it's cloudy. High winds that suck the warmth right off your body.

Bad for the South, it not officially being winter and all, but you'd probably laugh at all the people huddled up in their winter coats. I haven't bothered with mine at all; the nice, warm sweaters I wear to sustain me at work keep me plenty toasty outside, as well. Could probably stand to bring gloves.

You're already more "wintery" than it ever gets around here.

*is jealous*