Authority, we just need a few good men.

Vorsch

OK here it is , the Marvel and DC heroes get tired of letting psychos and world conquerers into the legal system, lets sort it out once and for all.

Who would you pick for Authority Marvel, and Authority DC?

Bare in mind cosmic heroes like Silver Surfer, GL, often intefere in politics( usually to depose a EVIL ALIEN world leader types), as long as its not Earths.

My take

Marvel

Thor I am a god, mortal my decisions do not need your approval.

Silver Surfer I have seen infinity, by your primative standards i am wise.

Pr X I know the mind of man better than any.

Magneto For the betterment of all mankind

DC

Martian Manhunter You have fallen to far, i must act.

Superman The folley of my world shall not be repeated

Wonder Woman The justice of the older world shall be renewed.

Batman I have to be incuded cos im just to Fu*&^%$ good, if i wasint a member id have killed them all already. ( with his deadly 2d6EB nrm ap ap pen pen pen oend dif dispellx2 invisible indirect nnd does boby AD bat-arang)

Re: Authority, we just need a few good men.

Who'd have the right mindset? It needs to be the right combination of sanctimony and a desire for change, combined with a power level where one could impose one's will on the people:

I can't think of DC right now, but here's a Marvel list. I know some of these guys are dead, but this is Marvel.

Korvac (leader)

Moondragon

Dr. Druid

Flagsmasher

Black Panther

Hyperion (okay, the Squadron Supreme's a bit of a cheat, since they were the Authority before the Authority, but every team needs a superman)

Scott Bennie

Marvel:

Sub-Mariner--no great reverence for political niceties

Polaris--post-Genosha, pretty receptive to the whole "change the world" thing

Thor

X-Man--young, idealistic, impressionable, incredibly powerful

Genis-Vell--okay, he's semi-insane, and misguided, while extremely powerful--a perfect candidate for an Authority-type team :nya:

Daimon Hellstorm--fairly iconoclastic, adds some magical muscle to the mix

Elektra--the ultimate assassin, killing off bad guys with aplomb

DC

Guy Gardner--does things the hard way

Captain Atom--on-again, off-again government ties could swing him this way

Wonder Woman--giving in to her warrior side ala Kingdom Come

Aquaman

Major Disaster

Spectre(the Jim Corrigan one)--well, this one is obvious

Eradicator

I'm a little iffier on the DC lineup...

DC is putting out that new team JLA Elite, according to the local comic wiz around my town it's going to involve the similar "Let's stop letting the mass murderers get off the hook and just nail the bums."

There were two members of course that he couldn't agree with being on that team, Flash and Green Arrow.

Never read the Authority title and from the myriad of responses on this board I'll likely never care to.

DC is putting out that new team JLA Elite, according to the local comic wiz around my town it's going to involve the similar "Let's stop letting the mass murderers get off the hook and just nail the bums."

There were two members of course that he couldn't agree with being on that team, Flash and Green Arrow.

Green Arrow, it could make sense for him to be in such a group. Short-tempered, impulsive, political radical who gets tired of seeing the big sharks go free while superheroes stop the muggers...

The Flash I don't know. Wally's prime motivation has been to honor Barry's legacy.

I'm really only familliar with marvel, or more accurately, spiderman. I have a few thoughts though. . .

Tony Stark has already dabbled in politcal matters, so I could see Iron Man getting involved.

Do you know how many Lawyers sit in Congress? Daredevil could get into this.

Captain America . . . I'm not sure. He does have strong political views.

I'm really only familliar with marvel, or more accurately, spiderman. I have a few thoughts though. . .

Tony Stark has already dabbled in politcal matters, so I could see Iron Man getting involved.

Do you know how many Lawyers sit in Congress? Daredevil could get into this.

Captain America . . . I'm not sure. He does have strong political views.

I could be mistaken, but I think they are talking about what heroes might get fed up enough with the bad guys and the state of the world to form an Authority - like group. That is, a group of characters of great power that are perfectly willing to kill helpless (to them) individuals in order to make a point, get revenge, cause political change and so on. Not characters that might go into politics and do things, well, right.

For Marvel, try Ghost Rider!

For DC, Etrigan. Between him and the Spectre, you've got pretty much everyone you need.

Green Arrow kills if it's necessary, or at least he did in the early '90s. But there is no way in the world that he would join a cowboy deathsquad like the Authority. In fact, he would be a likely suspect for leader of the heroes who oppose them.

Green Arrow kills if it's necessary' date=' or at least he did in the early '90s. But there is no way in the world that he would join a cowboy deathsquad like the Authority. In fact, he would be a likely suspect for leader of the heroes who oppose them.[/quote']

Huh? Granted, I'm not familiar with Green Arrow's current incarnation, but the way he was in the 70s and the 80s, I thought Oliver Queen and the Authority had identical (or at least very similar) ideologies?

All that left-wingey, "down with the big guys, down with corporations and corrupt, opressive government that violates human rights" stuff? Champion of the oppressed masses thing?

In "Dark Knight Returns", for instance, he is neutralized by a corrupt conservative government, the same thing that happens to the Authority (at least temporarily).

The possible difference I see between them is in how far Ollie would be willing to go. If Ollie operated in a universe where superhero interventionism were the norm, I think he'd just expose a corrupt government instead of outright removing it's leaders.

Hasn't Thor been doing his own one man Authority for about six months now?

Sure, he started out trying to be nice, but the humans actually had the temerity to fight back. So he smacked them down.

In his comic (which has apparently rocketed out of continuity) he has gained the Odinpower & used it to conqer the world, depose all human government, outlaw all religions but his, kill the heroes who disagree...

And now Loki gets to magically "re-educate" everybody that doesn't like it.